Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth of the matter is Superman and Indy needed to be grand slams for most people to be happy. IMO both appear to be a solo home run thus a lot of indifference. Personally, I am satisfied with both but I can understand the tittybabies whining and complaining as I can see areas lacking in both sculpts.

On a side note, what is up with the hair piece? I hope it was just the dude's impatience that looked nasty.

Really? You see a problem with the Reeve sculpt?

Just wondering why there's still a need for human sculptors in this day and age. Couldn't they just have the actor come in and scan the damn head, and then have some kind of laser-sculpting robot arm thingy do its thing? Evolve already.

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

I see Harrison as Indy here :dunno

I see... well, I see ___ :monkey2

But still the head is not a problem since we have alot of talanted guys on the board.
It's a jacket and hat that makes me a little bit mad when I'm tryin' to think about the price.

Last edited:
I have made this experiment. Only I put the hat and have retouched the levels and shadows projected by the hat on his face

indyhottoyswithhat.jpg

I see Harrison as Indy here :dunno

Not bad but the jaw is still way too wide. I think it becomes more clear when you see the SS one below that has a slimmer jawline and thus looks more like Ford (to me).

I really doubt that's going to happen much, if at all.

Uh Huh, Wait and See!

The video of this piece,it looks great!

I mean,Are not ALL Hot Toys figures OVERPRICED? uh yep!

Just wondering why there's still a need for human sculptors in this day and age. Couldn't they just have the actor come in and scan the damn head, and then have some kind of laser-sculpting robot arm thingy do its thing? Evolve already.

Might present a bit of a problem with Reeve. And Ford ain't no spring chicken these days either.

Honestly I think the biggest problem here is actually that Indiana Jones - particularly in the Premium Format statues - is what Sideshow has done best.

The sculpts on the PF's are essentially perfect.
The sculpt on the original cheap Sideshow 1/6 figure is very very good, even if the paint is cheap.

Normally Hot Toys can release things and the jump in quality from other companies is so great that it blows everyone away.

Here the overall quality is obviously a huge jump and the accessories and extras are great but the sculpt is obviously not, particularly against SS PFs.

Really? You see a problem with the Reeve sculpt?

In certain pics posted absolutely the sculpt can look suspect. I think the Reeve sculpt is really good, I don't think it is great. It doesn't take away my anticipation for the figure since from a distance it will look amazing on my shelves.

In certain pics posted absolutely the sculpt can look suspect. I think the Reeve sculpt is really good, I don't think it is great. It doesn't take away my anticipation for the figure since from a distance it will look amazing on my shelves.

:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

The debate will continue on and on.......and in the end no one can be right on this matter (if you are trying to be..)

I see Reeves in the Reeves sculpt. I see Nicholson in the Nicholson sculpt. I see Keaton, I see Captain America, I see Downey, I see Lee....

HT Indy is one figure that I only see flashes of the subject actor.

I'm still waiting for that one great picture where the figure screams Ford as Indy.

This sculpt from day 1 looked nothing like Harrison Ford and everybody lobbied for some change for the better and Hot Toys decided to leave it as it was. Maybe they started making the heads way in advanced of getting the backlash from the forum and instead of scrapping them, losing some money they decided to keep going with it. I'm pretty sure Hot Toys would have to pay Arnie to redo the sculpt and decided they would only pay him to redo the Chris Reeve sculpt as that one would sell way more than this. The Sideshow sculpt of Indy is a great sculpt with a bad paint job. So far all the re-paints of the SS Indy look 100% better than anything else out there. A monkey can see the difference between this sculpt and what the real Indy looks like.

In fact, it looks more like Harrison Fords stunt double than it does him.

Take a look

HarrisonFord.gif

One thing i LOVE is that the straps for the holster and bag are magnetic.

The strap holsters of the John Connor were awful, velcro crap that stopped sticking after a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back