Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New photos HT Indy

hatline.jpg

If you notice the black line under the brim, it looks like the hat sits flush to the top of the hair, as with the SS head.
Meaning it won't go lower, so the sculpt would need adjusting.

Which I'm sure they'll do.:huh

I just posted the pics because I had not seen them on here before. All I said was the hat seemed lower, but the pics had to be followed by the same old BS

Faststreets sent these photos to my email this morning of the HT Indy.. he requested a new thread be started (mods, not sure if you want to merge these or keep this as a stand alone thread)

Merging's probably best to keep the discussion all in one place-- thanks for the new pics.

Merging's probably best to keep the discussion all in one place-

Which is what I figured as well... only reason I started a new one is b/c he had actually requested it.. he advised that he is having some kind of issues with his account here, however, and that he could not start a new thread ?? not sure what the issue is but you may want to contact him to see what needs to be addressed..

Ah well, we still haven't had any official word as to whether this is the finalised Indy. Till we do there's no real point in speculating as to what they 'might' do.

CHEERS!

What an amazing piece. A true piece of art. This is easily worth the $250. Heck, I'd even pay twice as much to have the definitive Indiana Jones collectible in my collection.

Yes, I take all of the credit for being an idiot in suggesting a new thread, again, now I realize, not the best idea I have ever had.

Don't blame Mike for helping me ...

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

Yes, I take all of the credit for being an idiot in suggesting a new thread, again, now I realize, not the best idea I have ever had.

Don't blame Mike for helping me ...

Thanks for everyone's understanding.

Nobody's holding it against you. I'd just hate to see these boards get ____blocked with a bunch of unnecessary HT clutter like the A&R boards.

Last edited:
I wanted this figure, but I'm not preordering that. The sculpt is bad as is the hat and jacket. Not up to Hot Toys standards, certainly not for the $234.00 Toys2 wants for it.

At this point I think that other then the body, the sideshow version is much better.

I don't think they are going to tweak it much. It would require bugging George Lucas again for his approval and I bet thats a huge pain in the ass and expense.

The hat looks better further down on his head, and it improves his overall look. But it's still not Ford and certainly not $235-$250 to me. I really hope HT improves this, but I'll just wait and see.

I'm okay with letting this one go, as much as I love the character. It's simply not up to HT's usual standards at this point. I'll save my $ for a TOD Indy instead.

So now we have a third thread for this turd? WTFreak?! :cuckoo:

:lol Nice

Honestly this is a major disappointment. Having said that, in looking at my 1/6 Indy collection (both original SSC and customs) I'm quite happy with what I've got and HT have just given me the opportunity to have more money in my bank account for other future collectibles. Hopefully SSC will reveal some ToD releases for the 1/6 to become energized-- and at $85-100 I'll be more than happy to shell out for what I know will be good representations of the characters (maybe with minor flaws-- but for $200+ I expect close to perfection... this Indy from HT is far from that).

:lol Nice

Honestly this is a major disappointment. Having said that, in looking at my 1/6 Indy collection (both original SSC and customs) I'm quite happy with what I've got and HT have just given me the opportunity to have more money in my bank account for other future collectibles. Hopefully SSC will reveal some ToD releases for the 1/6 to become energized-- and at $85-100 I'll be more than happy to shell out for what I know will be good representations of the characters (maybe with minor flaws-- but for $200+ I expect close to perfection... this Indy from HT is far from that).

We got confirmation that they're working on a Short Round figure, and of course the mine car environment. I'll be more than happy to buy those over this sad, sad figure. The two will probably cost less too.

What an amazing piece. A true piece of art. This is easily worth the $250. Heck, I'd even pay twice as much to have the definitive Indiana Jones collectible in my collection.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

you were kidding... right...

I can't wait till Hastings has this figure on sale for $150-$175

Not gonna happen...
:cuckoo:

It's going to be so funny when all the naysayers get their Indy and will love this figure... it's the same knee-jerk reaction I saw for IB Landa, Wolverine, Blade, Beat-It MJ, Mark IV, and every other HT release...
:lol

I didnt know Hot Toys was doing an Enrique Iglesias figure...............

He could be your hero, but he's not ours yet! After the roastings we've given SSC over the years, you'd think HT would err on the side of caution and not put anything out till it looks 110%.

We shall see....

CHEERS!

Not gonna happen...
:cuckoo:

It's going to be so funny when all the naysayers get their Indy and will love this figure... it's the same knee-jerk reaction I saw for IB Landa, Wolverine, Blade, Beat-It MJ, Mark IV, and every other HT release...
:lol

I don't recall the Mark IV getting hated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back