Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice pics, but I don't like the cape. It belongs on the Begins and TDK figures in my opinion.

Agreed, Keaton looks lousy with anything but a leather cape, the suit cowl and cape all work together real well on the actual costume, a cloth cape just draws attention to the cape and stands out as not working with the suit.

for fun ^^

dscn3612.jpg

dscn3613.jpg

That's pretty cool :lol

If the Begins emblem wasn't there, it would be a neat concept suit.

Got to admit, I'm a little disturbed, that this amazing figure, and a DX nonetheless, is not a limited release. Think about it, they are still accepting pre-orders!

So you would rather them make a run of 1000, miss out and pay triple on eBay?

It has about a 13 to 18 month shelf life.

I'm gonna encase mine in carbonite...I may not be able to see it but it'll be protected forever, :lol

i wanna ask something to anyone who already got this bastard, and having dx02 or batman bruce wayne toy fair as well:

are the mouths compatible to dx02 or batman bruce wayne's cowl? or are the dx02 mouths compatible with batman keaton's cowl? i just happened to think about cross-over, that would be cool

*sorry if my english is bad >.<

You are asking if the faceplates are swappable between the figures? Good question!

The DX02 had a different design to removing and applying the faceplates or mouthplates. It wasn't magnetic like the 89' Batman is. On the DX02 you had to remove the HS completely. Then using the tool provided to run the PERS and to remove the faceplates. So, the answer is no, it is not compatible.

For the Toy Fair EX, someone will have to provide that answer. I don't have the 89' Batman yet to comfirm if they are compatible.

:rockVery cool review clipperking:rock got another 57 days til get :impatient: worth every penny....awesome set up sir... :rock

I'm hoping it's the same material that was used for this custom Soveign Studios made for me. If it is, then i can assure you that aside from some dust, this material is very sturdy I've had this for over 7 or 8 years now and it is still in tact:lecture
IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

My Sovereign Studios custom is starting to crack/decay so it isn't just Hot Toys rubber that has problems.

might-of-been discussed before, but anyway... in a way this "DX" feels like a big F-you from Hot Toys, really.
what I mean is, with Sparrow and Indy we got these huge diorama options, that in a way were there to explain the price. and with Bats we got nada? at the same pricepoint?
if you think about it, we should've gotten the gargoyle from the end of the movie or even the batsignal (in perhaps "slightly" smaller scale) to justify the price... what gives?
are the prices again starting to clime up? is the next "DX" that comes with this _____ automatically 300$ or more? :cuckoo:
I myself dont do squat w/ the Sparrow rudder or Indy pedistol and backdrop's, I'm just... let's say conserned about the pricing. something ain't right in Gotham City.

oh yeah, maybe I should get these points out of the way...

– maybe the license was more costly?
– maybe the production was more costly, because of the new suit material?
– maybe Jack took a slice?
or maybe just maybe...
– they just ____ed us in the ___ with this figure, smiled and took even bigger slice of our money?

and yes, if it's too pricey just dont buy it. :gah:

My Sovereign Studios custom is starting to crack/decay so it isn't just Hot Toys rubber that has problems.

Really that sucks :thud: mine's dusty, but it's still sturdy and fine and I have had it for more than 7 years now :dunno

Back