Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might-of-been discussed before, but anyway... in a way this "DX" feels like a big F-you from Hot Toys, really.
what I mean is, with Sparrow and Indy we got these huge diorama options, that in a way were there to explain the price. and with Bats we got nada? at the same pricepoint?
if you think about it, we should've gotten the gargoyle from the end of the movie or even the batsignal (in perhaps "slightly" smaller scale) to justify the price... what gives?
are the prices again starting to clime up? is the next "DX" that comes with this _____ automatically 300$ or more? :cuckoo:
I myself dont do squat w/ the Sparrow rudder or Indy pedistol and backdrop's, I'm just... let's say conserned about the pricing. something ain't right in Gotham City.

oh yeah, maybe I should get these points out of the way...

– maybe the license was more costly?
– maybe the production was more costly, because of the new suit material?
– maybe Jack took a slice?
or maybe just maybe...
– they just ____ed us in the ___ with this figure, smiled and took even bigger slice of our money?

and yes, if it's too pricey just dont buy it. :gah:

The value with Batman alone is 10x better than their Indiana Jones.

I haven't seen one complaint with this figure yet and nearly every figure looks like a 1/6 scaled Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne in the Batman suit.

Little diorama cardboard cut outs do nothing for me, hell, the Fortress of Solitude base with Superman will remain in the box forever. So, what else could he have come with that wouldn't be a cardboard cutout? A gargoyle? Why, that hangs off the Joker's leg, not Batman. More gadgets? They gave him everything he is seen using in the film AND more.

So far the selling points of this figure have all been meant,

- Fantastic, arguably the best sculpt Hot Toys has done
- Great, quality cape that nobody expected (still can't believe they included rods)
- Extremely well done gadgets, two of which are just as complex as the film counterparts, i.e. they work
- Improved suit that doesn't hinder articulation

The MAIN selling part is the figure. If this thing was mediocre, like Indy, then yeah, bring on all the pointless extras. But Hot Toys went out of their way to make the FIGURE and gadgets/weapons great. $230-$250 may be steep but from the sound and looks of it, it seems to be completely worth it. The cost of regular MMS figures have reached $200 and they don't come with much, like it or not, that's the norm.

https://youtu.be/wYSAuQLvFIoheres part 2 for ya bruvas , i want you to tell all your friends about me ....who are you.....i'm theclipperking :O) cheesy i know but _____k it :O)

My god, the PERS demo was amazing - he looked real. Aside from the fact it was a giant hand holding a miniature disembodied batman head - it looked real.

The value with Batman alone is 10x better than their Indiana Jones.

I haven't seen one complaint with this figure yet and nearly every figure looks like a 1/6 scaled Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne in the Batman suit.

Little diorama cardboard cut outs do nothing for me, hell, the Fortress of Solitude base with Superman will remain in the box forever. So, what else could he have come with that wouldn't be a cardboard cutout? A gargoyle? Why, that hangs off the Joker's leg, not Batman. More gadgets? They gave him everything he is seen using in the film AND more.

So far the selling points of this figure have all been meant,

- Fantastic, arguably the best sculpt Hot Toys has done
- Great, quality cape that nobody expected (still can't believe they included rods)
- Extremely well done gadgets, two of which are just as complex as the film counterparts, i.e. they work
- Improved suit that doesn't hinder articulation

The MAIN selling part is the figure. If this thing was mediocre, like Indy, then yeah, bring on all the pointless extras. But Hot Toys went out of their way to make the FIGURE and gadgets/weapons great. $230-$250 may be steep but from the sound and looks of it, it seems to be completely worth it. The cost of regular MMS figures have reached $200 and they don't come with much, like it or not, that's the norm.

:exactly::clap:lecture:clap:exactly:

For all of you that have recieved your 89 bats, did yours go through customs and how long did it take to get out? Mine has been in customs for over two days and its making me itch lol

For all of you that have recieved your 89 bats, did yours go through customs and how long did it take to get out? Mine has been in customs for over two days and its making me itch lol

It's hard to say I've had things clear customs in just 3-5 days and other times it's taken closer to 2 weeks. just keep an eye on it.

:exactly:

This is Keaton as Batman. And, unlike Indy, you don't need to view a reflection in the mirror from a certain angle through a glass prism after having drunk a couple shots of vodka in order to see a partial resemblance to the actor and then justify if with enough accessories to build two complete stunt doubles.

The figure, as you say, stands on its own and I would be happy with it even if it had no accessories whatsoever (since I'll display him without them lol).

:drool :drool :drool

Batman Popsicles :yess:

batman_popsicle_by_ichibunn-d49gk4o.jpg

Haha, i remember buying Pac Man ghost sherbert popsicles with gum ball eyes back in the day.

Now, what is up with the extra ears that comes with DX09?, whaa?.

Back