Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I preordered Batman from BBTS, but I saw that Michael Crawford had a link to a store called Fanboy Collectibles for a little bit better price. What do you all think about which one I should go with? :dunno

I've order from FanBoy a number of times. Great Customer service.

I've order from FanBoy a number of times. Great Customer service.

I second that! In fact I placed my Bats preorder with them :) best part is they get their inventories the same time AlterEgo does, usually.

So I preordered Batman from BBTS, but I saw that Michael Crawford had a link to a store called Fanboy Collectibles for a little bit better price. What do you all think about which one I should go with? :dunno

I have used SSC because I like their point perks, but I don't like that when you order one product they send it just in the shipper box and have already received damaged items because of that. I've heard FC are fellow collectors and they package your order in extra box well padded for protection during shipping to you at no extra charge. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

I have used SSC because I like their point perks, but I don't like that when you order one product they send it just in the shipper box and have already received damaged items because of that. I've heard FC are fellow collectors and they package your order in extra box well padded for protection during shipping to you at no extra charge. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct. UPS delivered my Iron Man IV to the wrong address but marked it delivered. I contact Troy over at Fanboys and he was ready to replace it. Good thing my neighbor brought it over to me.

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! One more question, which e-tailer gets in the hot toys shipments quickest most of the time? It seemed liked Cornerstore, alter ego, and fanboy collectibles were mentioned.

Yeah SSC never double packs, because UPS just tosses the box on the truck, SSC never puts handle with care or Fragile :gah: That 's why the items get damaged at times. True they have the most resonable prices most of the time, but I only order even duplicate HTs from them or not the highest priority items from them. I've been satisfied with CSC ( since they fixed their CC hijacking problem) :lecture

Alter ego is good, BBTS is still good, they just take a while on the HT products :dunno

Thanks for all the great feedback guys! One more question, which e-tailer gets in the hot toys shipments quickest most of the time? It seemed liked Cornerstore, alter ego, and fanboy collectibles were mentioned.

Those would be my top choices and of course SSC as well but you take a risk with their packaging problems.

but with SSC you can always request a "pack-out" right? I nv ordered from SSC though cos' their sales tax and msrp prices just kills it

This figure shines in any type of light! :yess:
[
IMG_1840.jpg

Natural sunlight is incredible!
IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1846.png

Go with SS, they don't have the best discounts or packaging, but they do have the best customer service. They really hooked me up when the gamorrean guard's fingers broke off on my "there will be no bargain" ex.

GOT MINE IN TODAY:yess:!!!!! The suit is very nice, soft and very flexible. HT did a VERY good job with the face. I couldn't put the figure down for about a hour, I'm so pleased with this. I'll try to post pics later

Any in cabinet shots yet? Want to see how you guys who have already got him are posing him. Really dont know what I'll do with mine but I'd like to do something with the batarang (even though he doesn't really use it that much in the film)

i got it. great figure but the cape is not good enough for me..i think thin leather is better than this or anyones custom cape maybe?

i got it. great figure but the cape is not good enough for me..i think thin leather is better than this or anyones custom cape maybe?

Although I don't have this in hand yet, based on the pics this cape is as good as I've ever seen. I've owned 6 or 7 customs and hunted for the perfect cape material for a while now and nothing even comes close to what HT has done.

Go with SS, they don't have the best discounts or packaging, but they do have the best customer service.
Tell that to the guys who couldn't get a replacement Captain America from Sideshow because their customer service insisted that their entire stock had the same quality-control issues (crooked A's on the helmet and crooked stars on the chest) as the figure they already had in-hand. Which besides being incredibly unbelievable that they'd all have both a crooked A and a crooked star, was total bull____ as Alter Ego got their stock from Sideshow afterward and those of us who ordered from them all got perfect-condition figures.

Although I don't have this in hand yet, based on the pics this cape is as good as I've ever seen. I've owned 6 or 7 customs and hunted for the perfect cape material for a while now and nothing even comes close to what HT has done.

Agreed, the cape is a major detail to get right and has been the shortcoming of everyone's customs, the best of the best suffered fron so so capes. HT took the time and effort to tailor and make the cape to look an work just like the movie cape. It's a simple looking thing, but knowin how hard it is to get right and seeing HT get it right shows the skill, effort and care HT is capable of.

Agreed, the cape is a major detail to get right and has been the shortcoming of everyone's customs, the best of the best suffered fron so so capes. HT took the time and effort to tailor and make the cape to look an work just like the movie cape. It's a simple looking thing, but knowin how hard it is to get right and seeing HT get it right shows the skill, effort and care HT is capable of.

It's a complete different feeling when you have it in hand. The cape is very well done and although the cape is somewhat bulky, it flows naturally over the armor as it was intended to in the film. The sheen on the fabric hits the light perfectly. I have about six or seven different Keaton batman customs and the one thing that IMO lacked in every single one was a good representation of the cape when it's resting over his shoulders. It always looked too thin or too frail looking, or just plain awkward in a fighting pose or stance, but HT's has brought a great natural look to the cape, (sans the bulky material),it very well duplicates the most solid and most real over the shoulder representation look I've ever seen on a Keaton Batman collectible figure, that wasn't a bust or a statue that didn't move. or was non posable.

Some pics to show what I mean :)
IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1855.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1858.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

Last edited:
Back