Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://youtu.be/urFqjrQLGL0I know i linked these videos earlier but i wanted to put them all together to make em easy to find , any questions my sideshow bruvas let me know and i might do a follow up video :O) thanks rick

Really did enjoy watching all 3 parts of TheClipperKing's review, most detailed review of any figure I've ever watched, part 3 was pretty funny as well

Must say though ClipperKing sounds like the type of fella you wouldn't want to **** off :lol

Some Action!
IMG_1789.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1790.png

The DX02 had a different design to removing and applying the faceplates or mouthplates. It wasn't magnetic like the 89' Batman is. On the DX02 you had to remove the HS completely. Then using the tool provided to run the PERS and to remove the faceplates. So, the answer is no, it is not compatible.

oh yeah, i forgot about this :slap
well, seems like no cross-over then :gah:

thanks for the info anyway :clap

Way off topic... but was Seanlong the reviewer who was caught trying to get into a relationship with an under-aged girl on YouTube?

Yeah, his voice is annoying in that video.

Oh sure, just because females of all ages can't resist the Dark Knight voice doesn't mean he was making a move! Maybe he was just doing yet another review? :huh

Actually, I really hope that's not true. In general I think he's alright.

Just watched the 89' Bats film and in some scenes, I thought that Keaton's voice (when he was Batman) sounded kind of similar to Kevin Conroy, though his wasn't as deep or hoarse as Conroy's.

Random stuff I know, but I'm just happy to see the close ties the BTAS series had with the 89' film, cos I just love the Batman in Bruce Timm's animated series (BTAS, JLU, etc.) and that makes me even happier to be an owner (to-be in Feb!) of this awesome figure!

Light up stand and PERS. The regular MMS figures don't have that and some of them are $200 to begin with. The new Begins Batman didn't have any of that and was $224. This one is only what, 10 dollars more?

I'm not justifying the price tag on this, I'm just saying, it isn't your typical MMS figure. It's between what the MMS figures go for and figures like your Indiana Jones and the prices reflect that.

Now if we were talking about The Joker, then I would see your point and agree with you. The Jack Joker is ridiculously high.

The Terminator figures STARTED the higher price trends. I believe the MSRP for the T1 Tech Noir T-800 was $180 which was considered a lot when it first came out. Now? It's just the norm and then some. Some might even consider that a good deal.

I got the DX 01 and 02 cheaper than $170 in both cases. I don't know what it's MSRP was.
and $224 for an MMS figure isn't steep enough for you? I'm sure HT will grant that wish :rotfl
again my point was that the prices seem to be, again going up. less for more $. and when you live outside US or Hong Kong you get to slap $50–70 bucks for postage on top of the figure. and if it gets gought in customs... that's a different story alltogether...
me? I'd like to pay less for more.

I might of been wrong with the DX01&02 prices, but I do remember the prices were receiwed w/ horror at the time. especially overseas.
T1&T2 most of us thought was reasonable, maybe because of the new body type?

+ I'm aware of the differences between an MMS release or a DX release, but still I dont nessessarily need pers or the light-up base. could of been an MMS release w/ $200 pricetag, just the same. and yeah, I'll probably whine about the Joker next :monkey1

^ infact if your recollection about the DX prices is correct, the price of a new HT DX release has gone up more than $70 bucks in two years.
if DX02 was less than $170 and this one is $239.99, do the math. 240-170=70. and everyone is more than happy with this?

this is mainly due to HT growing over-popular.

As much as I think they do great work, we are all victims of their success. They seem obsessed with outdoing Enterbay, whether it be choice in franchises, moveable eyes, the 1/4 scale or wherever they percieve solid competition. So far they are succeeding. As Enterbay transitions over to 1/4th in this war of creatives, who else will challenge the 1/6 kings from Hong Kong?

Come on Big Chief... lol.

Back