Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's MORE LIKELY the delay in commitment is because, as usual, there's going to be a split shipment.

CSC suggested that the split shipments from SS had to do with the sheer amount of releases and therefore product that HT was pushing at once in Q4. They are only getting in the Mk II Unleashed and Batman this month, so they're speculating that there shouldn't be any delays. Fingers crossed!

split shipment.

angry-no-me-gusta.png

Not to get off topic, How does anyone feel about Neca doing the franchise line of Batman, starting with the 1989 film all the way to TDKRS. Think of all the fun they can do with this concept. Have you seen what they did with the The predator and Terminator lines lately...Wow!

I'm sure collectors like myself would eat this line up:lecture

I'm not worried, I bought from Sideshow and Cornerstore comics.

As for this whole Batman vs. Batman Returns crap, I like both. Yeah, I prefer the '89 Batsuit to the Returns one, but I still like the Returns version. My fault with the Returns suit is that it's just way too sharp and sleek, he looks like a chiseled statue, almost like an Oscar. I'm sure that's what they were going for and I dig it but I like the '89 Batman suit more. Out of all 6 films, the '89 suit is the only one that looks like some thing that Batman has actually worn. Like Batman is out in it every night, instead of this new, fresh out of the trailer look all the other ones have. The Clooney suit and TDK suit are notorious of this. They ALWAYS look brand spanking new.

The '89 suit has this organic, used feeling to it and is the only one that really resembles a creature of the night. When I see it, I believe that Bruce Wayne has one suit, that he keeps in a vault, that he puts on every single night. It's the only one that appears to take any damage as well. I mean, how bad ass does he look still going after the Joker after he just survived a plane crash?

But yeah, I don't hate the Returns suit though. It's a nice, streamlined version of the '89 suit. It was my favorite suit as a kid. I could see Batman "updating" to it. I'm sure once it's out people won't be complaining, especially when a Keaton headsculpt is included. Besides, Catwoman and Penguin would look weird standing next to an '89 Batman.

Not to get off topic, How does anyone feel about Neca doing the franchise line of Batman, starting with the 1989 film all the way to TDKRS. Think of all the fun they can do with this concept. Have you seen what they did with the The predator and Terminator lines lately...Wow!

I'm sure collectors like myself would eat this line up:lecture

Hell, I wish Neca would just get the Marvel/DC licenses so that I can call my HT collecting over, I would be content with 18" $70.00 figures :lol

I'm not worried, I bought from Sideshow and Cornerstore comics.

As for this whole Batman vs. Batman Returns crap, I like both. Yeah, I prefer the '89 Batsuit to the Returns one, but I still like the Returns version. My fault with the Returns suit is that it's just way too sharp and sleek, he looks like a chiseled statue, almost like an Oscar. I'm sure that's what they were going for and I dig it but I like the '89 Batman suit more. Out of all 6 films, the '89 suit is the only one that looks like some thing that Batman has actually worn. Like Batman is out in it every night, instead of this new, fresh out of the trailer look all the other ones have. The Clooney suit and TDK suit are notorious of this. They ALWAYS look brand spanking new.

The '89 suit has this organic, used feeling to it and is the only one that really resembles a creature of the night. When I see it, I believe that Bruce Wayne has one suit, that he keeps in a vault, that he puts on every single night. It's the only one that appears to take any damage as well. I mean, how bad ass does he look still going after the Joker after he just survived a plane crash?

But yeah, I don't hate the Returns suit though. It's a nice, streamlined version of the '89 suit. It was my favorite suit as a kid. I could see Batman "updating" to it. I'm sure once it's out people won't be complaining, especially when a Keaton headsculpt is included. Besides, Catwoman and Penguin would look weird standing next to an '89 Batman.

picture.php

picture.php

Hell, I wish Neca would just get the Marvel/DC licenses so that I can call my HT collecting over, I would be content with 18" $70.00 figures :lol

Funny if anybody remembers Kenner used to come out with 18' scale Batman Movie figures, I had some of the 1989, Returns and Animated Series big scale toys growing up, where they perfect, not bad, but at least they attempted to.:lol

I have to admit the very first Batman the animated series figures that kenner made, will still hold a special place in my heart, as well as that cartoon series.:lecture

I didn't know everyone here hated Batman Returns. :huh

Here are some production pics of the actual Returns suit before the design team gave him the Returns symbol. He was originally going to sport the '89 one.

BATMAN_RETURNS_BONUS-5-1.jpg

BATMAN_RETURNS_BONUS-4.jpg

I think I like the '89 symbol most because it's unique, the later emblems are too standard looking, nothing special to set them out from the comics or marketing. I like the Nolan logo for the same reason, takes a different approach to it.

I don't hate either version. I just don't understand how so many people could get up in arms about me saying they look very similar this morning. I mean come on most people who aren't nerds like us can't even tell that they changed the costume at all between batman and batman returns.

Back