Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing I really don't like about this figure is that the cape doesn't appear to go right up to the edges of the chest emblem as it does in the movie and the HT spec photos.

To those that have it already, can it reach all the way like it is supposed to with some futzing? Or is it a little too tight/short to do that?

The only thing I really don't like about this figure is that the cape doesn't appear to go right up to the edges of the chest emblem as it does in the movie and the HT spec photos.

To those that have it already, can it reach all the way like it is supposed to with some futzing? Or is it a little too tight/short to do that?

It can with some futzing, I just got the figure yesterday so I'm not a pro with this guys cape yet but I can assure you that this guys cape will not disappoint you in the least. I truly believe that if your patient with it you will be able to get the cape in to any pose you would like.

True the cowl doesn't lie up exactly, but I'm telling you in hand, the cape has such a presence to it, that it gives you that feeling that it is a separate piece to the figure so you can futz and reshape it as many times, giving the figure different poses to the cape alone rather than have the cape be an attachment to the cowl, for that I'm glad HT's chose to make the cape a separate piece. :yess:

i liked the 89 suit better than the 92 just because the 89 suit has a more muscular physique to it..i mean why would you design a less complicated bat suit like the 92? the body area looks too simplified, too sleek. They should have brought out more side abs detail on it.

I think I am right and you are wrong and you should just acknowledge that I am king of your universe right now.
t0m537_Sir_Patrick_Stewart-s406x310-36485-580.jpg

No actually I think I'm gonna post some more batman pics and hopefully get this thread back on track because I think I'm most responsible for taking it off.
006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

sorry for the ____ty pics guys my Iphone 3GS camera sucks. Just thought ya'll would like to see how amazing this figure looks even in heavy light and horrible pixels.

Wow. That figure is awesome! It reminds of how Iron Man figures never look bad in any lighting. Not many HT figures pull this off. Can't wait!

004.JPG

005.JPG

the openings for the rods on the cape def. are not easy to get open I used an exacto-knife to get the job done.

I found these, no doubt about it these suits were definitely different in certain ways :slap
snapshot20090103182741.jpg

Batman-1989-Wallpaper-batman-1989-19003628-1024-768.jpg

Batmanreturns-2.jpg

batmanreturns1.jpg

Kilmer's wasn't that bad
Kilmerbatsuit.jpg

Kilmer_posing-1.jpg

This is what ruined the franchise
Batman-and-Robin-1997-movie-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Really! :pfft:
GeorgeClooney-Batman.jpg

yeah I'm just gonna stick a pin in that one, and come back to that pose later, the spread cape def. involves a fineness that I haven't quite achieved yet.

Bat nipplesssssssss >>>>>>>>> 89 & Returns suits lololol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

.......wow.

I OWN this. It's mine. I can display it. Touch it. Move it around. Shine a light on it. Put the cape back over his shoulders if I want.

Seriously. This figure is.....so........freaking.......cool.

It's my first Hot Toys product so sorry for geeking out......just can't believe it's really real and and it's really MINE!!! AWESOME!!!

.......wow.

I OWN this. It's mine. I can display it. Touch it. Move it around. Shine a light on it. Put the cape back over his shoulders if I want.

Seriously. This figure is.....so........freaking.......cool.

It's my first Hot Toys product so sorry for geeking out......just can't believe it's really real and and it's really MINE!!! AWESOME!!!

Excellent post, pretty much sums up my feelings perfectly!
:clap:clap

The '89 suit has this organic, used feeling to it and is the only one that really resembles a creature of the night. When I see it, I believe that Bruce Wayne has one suit, that he keeps in a vault, that he puts on every single night. It's the only one that appears to take any damage as well. I mean, how bad ass does he look still going after the Joker after he just survived a plane crash?
Yuuurp :goodpost:

My only real point in saying they are very similair is to point out that I don't think HT's will likely make multiple versions of these keaton batman figures b/c they are already making the 89 and 92 version and these two are (yes I'm gonna say it) very similar:lol.

Two words:

Iron Man

I can't believe there is any debate on the 89 and Returns costume being different... the only thing they have in common is the same is color black, everything from the emblem down to the boot armor is different, even the Nike's are Jordan VI's and not the Air Trainer III's... for as much as people go nuts about details here, it seems like no one would say they are very similar.

M.

I didn't know everyone here hated Batman Returns. :huh ]

everyone don't, I would even go so far as to say I prefer it over 89. Being a huge Batfan since the early 70's I detested the Joker being made the guy who killed The Waynes. Every fan knows Joe Chill was the killer hired by gangster Lew Moxon. I hate when they take 70 years of comics canon and throw it in the trash for a movie. As that goes, I liked both Burton films but prefer Returns

The '89 suit has this organic, used feeling to it and is the only one that really resembles a creature of the night. When I see it, I believe that Bruce Wayne has one suit, that he keeps in a vault, that he puts on every single night. It's the only one that appears to take any damage as well. I mean, how bad ass does he look still going after the Joker after he just survived a plane crash?

This is why the '89 and Begins suits are my favorites, they each make Batman seem like an entity and not a person to me in their own way. With '89, it's the flow of all the elements, the anatomy of the armor, the way the cowl and cape work together, it feels less like a suit and more like an actual creature. With the Begins suit, it's the way the silhouette works with the massive, flowing cape he wears, shots showing the armor detail lose that a bit, but so often in that movie you see him wrapping up in the cape and concealing himself and feeling like some ghoulish entity and it work great. The other suits have all felt like armor and lose that quality. I support it with the TDK suit because I back up the notion that practical use should sometimes win over aesthetic, the Begins suit looks intimidating but the TDK allows you to kick ass.

But yeah, I don't hate the Returns suit though. It's a nice, streamlined version of the '89 suit. It was my favorite suit as a kid. I could see Batman "updating" to it. I'm sure once it's out people won't be complaining, especially when a Keaton headsculpt is included. Besides, Catwoman and Penguin would look weird standing next to an '89 Batman.

I would love to see the 89 suit design made with the refined qualities of the Returns suit. The cowl actually feels that way even how it is in the movie. It's different but not so much it looks like 89 reinvented, just refined.

I found these, no doubt about it these suits were definitely different in certain ways :slap
snapshot20090103182741.jpg

Batman-1989-Wallpaper-batman-1989-19003628-1024-768.jpg

batmanreturns1.jpg

Kilmer's wasn't that bad
Kilmerbatsuit.jpg

Kilmer_posing-1.jpg

This is what ruined the franchise
Batman-and-Robin-1997-movie-hd-wallpaper.jpg

Really! :pfft:
GeorgeClooney-Batman.jpg

thank god michael keaton's suit have no nipples. :pray:

Back