Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should have mine in 7 days.

Also, I'm way behind in this tread. Last thing I saw was people debating about the differences between the '89 and the Returns suit. Did I miss anything important?

Should have mine in 7 days.

Also, I'm way behind in this tread. Last thing I saw was people debating about the differences between the '89 and the Returns suit. Did I miss anything important?

The teaser for a Con Ex. BD version coming this summer.

As great a job as Hot Toys did on the sculpt, I think the Billiken kit deserves kudos for being there long before HT. I saw the shot above and thought it was the Billiken kit, not the HT figure, HT got teh ears a bit nicer, but they're both quite close to each other.

Here's a shot of an old Sovereign custom that used the Billiken kit.

DSC02639.jpg

Very nice kit, was it posable?

As great a job as Hot Toys did on the sculpt, I think the Billiken kit deserves kudos for being there long before HT. I saw the shot above and thought it was the Billiken kit, not the HT figure, HT got teh ears a bit nicer, but they're both quite close to each other.

DSC02639.jpg

Nice Kit :clap

Here was my custom by Sovereign, it's funny I thought that the likeness was great at the time, but comparing it to what Hot toys has done, wow how unique HT's made their version spot on! :thud:
IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

That's one of Shawn's later Batman figures, during the Great Run of 2008-9. His early ones (2002-2005) are really the best, back when he used casted cowls from the Billiken kit. Once he started sculpting his own likeness, like the above, it was over.

I know I have the earlier ones as well,with the casted cowls but it fell apart a while back. The glueing was bad:slap

Still waiting on mine to be shipped. :impatient:

It looking like it will ship out on Wednesday now. :( Congrats to everyone else who received their shipping notice. :clap

DSC02639.jpg

Looks awesome. The Billiken is still bad ass and it was from what 1990? I think the kit got the look of the pants much better then the HT.

Yep, that was my Sovereign Batman. I sold it a while back after the Hot Toys announcement. I kind of miss it. It served it's purpose. Made me happy for a while.:)

Back