Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their service is fantastic, and they add that extra personal touch. One of the main reasons I order all my HT through them.

Agreed. That's one of the reasons why I order all of my Hot Toys from there as well. The other was because they got product in so quickly but that might not be the case anymore, lol.

From what I've heard Dealers are getting a share of the 1st split shipment.

That's good news, but from who?

Agreed. That's one of the reasons why I order all of my Hot Toys from there as well. The other was because they got product in so quickly but that might not be the case anymore, lol.

Yeah, gone are the days that they got their product the day after Sideshow :( But its no fault of theirs, and they still get product earlier than most.

Hopefully we'll know Friday if SSC short changed them on their order. I really want this figure! :panic: :panic: :panic:

I would imagine its not sideshow's doing that there is a split shipment... I'm guessing this might be a new practice for Hot Toys since they seem to be making figures to meet pre-order demand rather than having set numbers from the get-go.

Batch one is probably a set amount they know will sell and batch two is maybe the excess based on orders.

Talked to SSC customer service today. They told me if you ordered after January 1st the order was delayed til March due to the split shipment. They said they received their first shipment late yesterday and shipping should begin today and tomorrow depending how far they get along. So we should all be seeing shipping notices very soon.

I would imagine its not sideshow's doing that there is a split shipment... I'm guessing this might be a new practice for Hot Toys since they seem to be making figures to meet pre-order demand rather than having set numbers from the get-go.

Batch one is probably a set amount they know will sell and batch two is maybe the excess based on orders.

I think it's just HT's effort at dealing with the growing demand and impatience. I think they used to wait and ship all at once, but now they ship as soon as they have a "reasonable" ammount of inventory ready. No matter what, I do think it's all HT and Sideshow just has to go with it, if Sideshow could choose I'd think that would be worked into the order details and maybe even be an option which shipment you want yours from.

Have to agree... I got one where he did his sculpt, but it was still a solid piece. The above is when he attempted the separate cowl and head; but unfortunately the end product looked a bit slow :lol

This was mine, very happy with it at the time... but once HT announced they were making it I sold him during the great Sovereign Studios purge of 2010; still got $50 more than I paid for him :rock

Yes, while we missed out on the original Billiken sculpt he used, we did get his best post-Billiken sculpt. The mouth are had his cartoonish style, but the cowl was great. For some stupid reason, he felt a need to keep pushing the envelope and every new "innovation" of his actually ruined the figure more and more. His worst trait was overworking things, even when people would be happy with it, he'd feel a need to "improve" it, and it never worked.

I too was able to unload mine and make a profit, to my surprise. This Batman will be my lone Batman 1/6 figure, and I'm fine with that, it's the best suit ever to me, and it's the best possible figure of it.

Looks like mine is gonna get here a day early! Can't believe I'm gonna have this in hand on Monday! :thud:

I have a temporary place of honor reserved for it already! :yess:

IMG_2215.png

:rock :rock :rock

Definitely gonna have to steal that!

As long as I deteriorate before Batman that is ok with me.

:lecture

My vacation starts Monday so I will have a decent amount of time to stare and drool at him, talk about perfect timing :yess:

Can't wait to finish painting the new collection room. :yess:

Every figure will be in a lighted acrylic case. :yess:

Then take photos with a 2 megapixel camera :yess:

Back