Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.
182393_344359395632903_284276258_n.jpg

That's the greatest thing I've seen in the history of everything.

JOKERIRONMAN2.jpg

I bought xtra from forum member hehateme... His head realy doesnt fit well and got girraffe neck a bit......

But then Bob Kane was also a self aggrandising, self serving, history revising arse who frequently spoke a load of old crap (as much as I love what he came up with).

:slap:slap

typical. lets bash the CREATOR of batman but lets put nolan, who single handedly DESTROYED joker and made him into a gross greasy slob, on a pedestal. once again, its the same one sided garbage that i frequently find on the batman boards. anything to bash burton, even put down the friggin creator of batman who worked on the original films. how truly pathetic.

Last edited:
He totally almost ignored Jerry Robinson and Richard Sprang...and only gave Bill Finger credit because he had no real other choice.

You magically - not to say conveniently - forgot to quote that bit.

:slap:slap

typical. lets bash the CREATOR of batman but lets put nolan, who single handedly DESTROYED joker and made him into a gross greasy slob, on a pedestal. once again, its the same one sided garbage that i frequently find on the batman boards. anything to bash burton, even put down the friggin creator of batman who worked on the original films. how truly pathetic.

Listen kid, get your facts straight...where did I even mention Nolan in the post you quoted? Exactly nowhere, that's where. As for Bob Kane,

Did he create BATMAN? Yes he did.
Was he a bit of a bastard? By all accounts, yes he was.

Don't take my word for it, look up the history, Finger doesn't say it quite so boldly, but Sprang and Robinson (who told me personally to my face, and of whom Kane referred to as 'the coffee boy' at one point) had no such qualms...even whilst Kane was still alive and more than capable of litigation.

Here is a challenge for you...find me a post, not loads of them...just ONE SINGLE post where I have bashed Burton's two movies.

And just FYI...Bob Kane's much vaunted involvement in the Burton movies was exactly nil, nothing, nicht, zip, nada, niet. He had a creative consultant role only. In plain English, he had the ability to say "I like that" or "I don't like that" neither of which - you may have noticed - affected the movie, the screenplay, the script, the production, the design, the music, the costuming, the freaking catering...in any way!

The film they were going to make was the film they were going to make, the script they were going to shoot was the script they were going to shoot, all of which was decided almost a year before Bob Kane even got a whiff of it. The truth is that he was on set as a mere courtesy only and in deference to his status, but in actual production terms, his personal consultant's opinion counted for exactly jack schitt.

And now I am done with this silly trolling and this repetitive subject on this thread too. Now back to the 1989 BATMAN Figure.

Last edited:
Just got my 89 Batman and he looks GREAT!!!! This is a must have for any Batman fan.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get some taken.:clap:clap:clap

I just not cannot stop staring at mine, it just grabs your eyes (if you get my drift...eeouch!) and your attention and does not let go.

Even a friend of mine (about the same age as me) who did not like the first run of films, saw it and had to mention it! :yess:

Listen kid, get your facts straight...where did I even mention Nolan in the post you quoted? Exactly nowhere, that's where. As for Bob Kane,

Don't take my word for it, look up the history, Finger doesn't say it quite so boldly, but Sprang and Robinson (who told me personally to my face, and of whom Kane referred to as 'the coffee boy' at one point) had no such qualms...even whilst Kane was still alive and more than capable of litigation.

Here is a challenge for you...find me a post, not loads of them...just ONE SINGLE post where I have bashed Burton's two movies.

And just FYI...Bob Kane's much vaunted involvement in the Burton movies was exactly nil, nothing, nicht, zip, nada, niet. He had a creative consultant role only. In plain English, he had the ability to say "I like that" or "I don't like that" neither of which - you may have noticed - affected the movie, the screenplay, the script, the production, the design, the music, the costuming, the freaking catering...in any way!

The film they were going to make was the film they were going to make, the script they were going to shoot was the script they were going to shoot, all of which was decided almost a year before Bob Kane even got a whiff of it. The truth is that he was on set as a mere courtesy only and in deference to his status, but in actual production terms, his personal consultant's opinion counted for exactly jack schitt.

And now I am done with this silly trolling and this repetitive subject on this thread too. Now back to the 1989 BATMAN Figure.
You're right, Kane was a self serving jack ass who gave the finger to Bill Finger and had no power when it came to the movies.

Kane might have came up with the look of the Batman comics but it was Bill Finger who came up with the Myth/Stories of Batman.

:goodpost:

I applaud your effort, your post is very well presented. But sociopaths never admit to being wrong, so don't expect a great response. ;)

I applaud you in the way that you're leading your life in that regards, but I'd prefer to remain sanitary when it comes to my rear end.

Back