Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bloody shame about the edge of the face along the top.

But this picture...

244.jpg

makes it look like there is much more mask overhang than ever. It is strange.

There is nothing really actually wrong with it as such. Depending on how you are looking at it, and how the lighting is, the area of the face seems to protrude out further than the edge of the mask. I say it depends, because your photo shows nothing of the kind, but some pictures have from other owners.

Since the mask is over the top of the face, an extra outer layer of mask-over-flesh, this protrusion would be impossible.

I can see both sides of this, there are photos of figures that show it, whereas yours doesn't. So I tend to think along these lines,

That mask was a very tight fit, so on ones that do show it...that's just where the tightness of the mask's edge was pressing into and compressing the flesh of Michael Keaton's cheeks.

There is nothing really actually wrong with it as such. Depending on how you are looking at it, and how the lighting is, the area of the face seems to protrude out further than the edge of the mask. I say it depends, because your photo shows nothing of the kind, but some pictures have from other owners.

Since the mask is over the top of the face, an extra outer layer of mask-over-flesh, this protrusion would be impossible.

I can see both sides of this, there are photos of figures that show it, whereas yours doesn't. So I tend to think along these lines,

That mask was a very tight fit, so on ones that do show it...that's just where the tightness of the mask's edge was pressing into and compressing the flesh of Michael Keaton's cheeks.
OK I think I see what you are talking about on my Bats. For me it's not a big deal. you can't see it unless you look real hard for it and like you said, "It's just where the tightness of the mask's edge was pressing into and compressing the flesh of Michael Keaton's cheeks." :wink1: :)

Yeah, mine drives me crazy. I swear, if someone was able to recast it and somehow get rid of that and give it an HT worthy paint job, I'd pay good money for it.

Thankfully the other faces aren't as bad. I've settled on the partially open mouth face-plate, and it's not as bad.

IMG_6369.jpg

But this picture...

makes it look like there is much more mask overhang than ever. It is strange.

Lighting.

What maters is if you can see it in-hand. You can.

Last edited:
:dunno What's wrong with it??? :dunno

There is nothing really actually wrong with it as such...

Somebody (I think it was MaulFan) posted a helpful diagram of what is happening. The face does not actually stick out farther than the cowl at all, but the top edge does not have a sharp edge. The curve catches the light which spoils some of the realism.

Here's a picture that would be fantastic without this problem:

IMG_4680.jpg

Here it is with that edge digitally "sharpened":

IMG_4680edit-1.jpg

I've had to retouched a lot of my pictures of this figure to hide that edge. Shame really.

Last edited:
I notice it all the time now. That would have been a perfect picture if it wasn't for the mouth area. That's really the only gripe I have. Even the panel on the back doesn't really bother me anymore. I ,like you, use the the half-open mouth. It's funny, the bloody one fits the best and I don't even use it.

Yeah, that edge is perfect on the bloody one. It's too bad the open mouth expression (on the bloody one) is kinda derpy...

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to paint the belt?

244.jpg

That looks nice. Is it yours? I was thinking of spray painting it with this stuff I found at Michael's but I wasn't sure. The color looked close though. I've asked around hoping someone had painted theirs so I could buy the right stuff but no one replied, so, I guess no one has.

That's a prototype that was on display months before the actual production figure shipped out.

Notice how the belt buckle clasp in the middle is more accurate to the actual prop belt.

Btmn_0882.jpg

That's a prototype that was on display months before the actual production figure shipped out.

Notice how the belt buckle clasp in the middle is more accurate to the actual prop belt.

Btmn_0882.jpg

Yeah, I've seen that pic before I just didn't remember. Someone should paint the belt and tell me what paint to use. :lol

I see it but it doesn't really bother me. Figure too cool to be ruined by that.

Oh, it's by no means ruined. It's still awesome. It's just a silly thing to get wrong, and it diminishes the figure a little.

Btmn_0882.jpg

I'm actually really glad they didn't make it clasp that way. In the proto pics, you could see that it wasn't holding together well, whereas the final product is nice and firm. I can just imagine the frustration of the original design with it constantly popping open.

Plus, there's no way you can know how it clasps unless your unclasp it. When it's on, you can't tall.

Bloody shame about the edge of the face along the top.

Somebody (I think it was MaulFan) posted a helpful diagram of what is happening. The face does not actually stick out farther than the cowl at all, but the top edge does not have a sharp edge. The curve catches the light which spoils some of the realism.

Here's a picture that would be fantastic without this problem:

IMG_4680.jpg

Here it is with that edge digitally "sharpened":

IMG_4680edit-1.jpg

I've had to retouched a lot of my pictures of this figure to hide that edge. Shame really.

Dam it, I never noticed that till you pointed it out. Nevertheless, the head sculpt still looks good.

Anyone else having issues with the bat symbol lying away from his chest? It's not real bad but I'd like it to lay on his chest not poke out from his chest.

Bad pic but you get the ideal.
batsymbol.jpg

Any ideals how to fix it?

Dam it, I never noticed that till you pointed it out. Nevertheless, the head sculpt still looks good.

Yeah, the head sculpt it fantastic and it doesn't ruin the figure by any means. There is just too much right about this release for it to get you down too much. And I'm not a nit picker but the thing is it's on the face, ya know? It's not an inconsistency on one of his boots or something , it's front and center. So it's hard not to see it. I just do my best to ignore it. Also, like Maglor said, it can hurt when your taking pics. Especially if you want to pull off one of those photo realistic pics.

Anyone else having issues with the bat symbol lying away from his chest? It's not real bad but I'd like it to lay on his chest not poke out from his chest.

Bad pic but you get the ideal.
batsymbol.jpg

Any ideals how to fix it?

I know Mags heated the sides of his cowl up to form better to the suit after he had the arms extended for a while. I don't know about the symbol part though , but I could imagine it would work the same. Maybe Maglor could give you some input.

That looks nice. Is it yours? I was thinking of spray painting it with this stuff I found at Michael's but I wasn't sure. The color looked close though. I've asked around hoping someone had painted theirs so I could buy the right stuff but no one replied, so, I guess no one has.

As Di Fabio said, it's the prototype.

I've bought one belt from ebay...I will paint it, need to find the right paint :lecture

Back