Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ups just landed with my batman joker combo!!!!!
got batman open so far and damn he's pretty!
but that cape is going to take some working with!

ups just landed with my batman joker combo!!!!!
got batman open so far and damn he's pretty!
but that cape is going to take some working with!

What is exactly wrong with the cape to get it to look right? Is it too wide or is it all bunched up and needs to be ironed or something? I saw a refer on you tube and the cape looked really wide right of the box.

:dunno

This is certainly an amazing figure, but I didn't know the seam at the top of his head was SO noticeable, I find it a bit distracting tbh.

Anayway, as I said, an awesome job overall.

What is exactly wrong with the cape to get it to look right? Is it too wide or is it all bunched up and needs to be ironed or something? I saw a refer on you tube and the cape looked really wide right of the box.

:dunno
it is pretty wide, sure it will be fine once ive played with it a bit but at the moment its all scrunched in places and sticking out at his sides

I can't win for losing, I took my Bats outside to take some pics. I had the grapple gun on the hook thing on his belt, I almost drop him but didn't. I take the pics and go on with my day.

This morning I look at the pics I took and notice that the part of the gun that goes into the hook thing is missing from the hook. It seems that somewhere along the way between the place I had him and the place I took the pics the part fell off.

I've looked all over the place for the damn thing and can't find it anywhere. I looked where I almost dropped him, Nothing.

I looked on ebay to see if maybe someone had one up for sale, The cheapest is $20.88!!!

Are you kidding me? $20 for that little thing?:thud:

If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. :gah::gah::gah::gah:

UPDATE: Well I found the dumb thing, The hook tip of it was broke off so I'll have to try to glue it back but at least I won't be paying $20 for another one. I'm putting it back in the box. This make the 3rd time I've had to go looking for that thing since I got it a week ago. These things are too easy to lose. :(

Last edited:
I can't win for losing, I took my Bats outside to take some pics. I had the grapple gun on the hook thing on his belt, I almost drop him but didn't. I take the pics and go on with my day.

This morning I look at the pics I took and notice that the part of the gun that goes into the hook thing is missing from the hook. It seems that somewhere along the way between the place I had him and the place I took the pics the part fell off.

I've looked all over the place for the damn thing and can't find it anywhere. I looked where I almost dropped him, Nothing.

I looked on ebay to see if maybe someone had one up for sale, The cheapest is $20.88!!!

Are you kidding me? $20 for that little thing?:thud:

If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all. :gah::gah::gah::gah:

UPDATE: Well I found the dumb thing, The hook tip of it was broke off so I'll have to try to glue it back but at least I won't be paying $20 for another one. I'm putting it back in the box. This make the 3rd time I've had to go looking for that thing since I got it a week ago. These things are too easy to lose. :(

Did the pics turn out good at least?

Sorry if this has been asked, but has a conclusion been reached regarding the leaks on this figure? Is it oil? Is it the same situation as the TDK figures or something less harmful that can simply be wiped away? Does keeping the tissue on the belt help? Ever since this came out, I've been tempted to snag it but steered clear due to the reports that came in shortly after release.

Are there any other issues I should know about? I read up on the faceplate edge and that's all right with me, I should be able to find a way to live with it or make it less-noticeable if I'm unlucky, but the leaks are my biggest concerns. I just don't want to roll the dice on a $200+ figure that'll start breaking down within two years. Not one this iconic, anyway.

Sorry if this has been asked, but has a conclusion been reached regarding the leaks on this figure? Is it oil? Is it the same situation as the TDK figures or something less harmful that can simply be wiped away? Does keeping the tissue on the belt help? Ever since this came out, I've been tempted to snag it but steered clear due to the reports that came in shortly after release.

Are there any other issues I should know about? I read up on the faceplate edge and that's all right with me, I should be able to find a way to live with it or make it less-noticeable if I'm unlucky, but the leaks are my biggest concerns.

I've had this figure for a few months now and have had no issues. The leakage seems to be a very rare issue with this figure. I've not read much about it at all.

Checked out the actual thread for the problem and it seems like a very rare occurence. What's the story with the "tape"? I was aware the figure is shipped with black tissue paper behind the belt, but what's the tape all about? Can I remove the paper but keep that on?

Checked out the actual thread for the problem and it seems like a very rare occurence. What's the story with the "tape"? I was aware the figure is shipped with black tissue paper behind the belt, but what's the tape all about? Can I remove the paper but keep that on?
I did. You don't see the tape behind the belt and I don't think it will hurt the belt so unless it's falling off or giving you some kind of trouble I see no reason to mess with it.:)

As for the paper, I took it off because it just looks better without it. I've only had my Bat a week but I've had no problems with oil. So far that is. :pray: :)

Last edited:

It's the tape that's meant to hold the magnet in place. The glue seeps out from the edges of the tape and gets on the suit. I removed the tape, cleaned the excess glue off the belt and suit, and superglued the magnet in place.

It's the tape that's meant to hold the magnet in place. The glue seeps out from the edges of the tape and gets on the suit. I removed the tape, cleaned the excess glue off the belt and suit, and superglued the magnet in place.

i never even saw this. drives me nuts my grappling gun sits low :gah: I'm going to have to look in to moving it higher...

Mags - is it possible to move the magnet??

Finally Found a pose I actually like my Batman in. Not static but not too busy...perfect for my taste

a8db54da.jpg

2f2e0af2.jpg

e672cbd6.jpg

b0559cbb.jpg

And your figure's fine? That was all it took? I might actually jump into this line over the summer, then. I could get Joker and buy Penguin and Catwoman when they come out as well... the Nolan movies are great as films, but I've always prefered the design and artistic direction of the Keaton era.

Bought a second cape for my Keaton and decided to remove the wire and the inner lining, making the cape a single layer cape.

Overall it looks really good, doesn't look puffy anymore and fall pretty well.

Here's a first pics, will take plenty more.

Now it doesn't require hours of futzing :)

P1030469.jpg

Nice shot of Batman there. Looks like the real deal. It seems like it's impossible to find a pic of this guy that makes it look like a toy.

Also love the pose you have with that Batman on the tank there hhhaney1234.

Awesome futzing ,hhhaney. I love the holding the cape poses. Those rod hands are perfect for it.

Bought a second cape for my Keaton and decided to remove the wire and the inner lining, making the cape a single layer cape.

Overall it looks really good, doesn't look puffy anymore and fall pretty well.

Here's a first pics, will take plenty more.

Now it doesn't require hours of futzing :)

P1030469.jpg

:thud:

That looks really good. I surprised. I thought taking the wire ouot would make it stick out on the sides like a bell shape. . I have a second cape for a custom job Ive been putting off for forever because it's not going to be easy, but I may do this instead if I like what I see. Definitely want more pics.

Back