Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This cape by Tony is a must have! I got mine last night and love it. Had my figure posed at the back of my shelf because the HT cape would not drape well, but not any longer. Thanks again Tony.

If you don't feel like storing the cape...re-purpose it!
I showed this off in the Joker thread.

Found another use for the Tony Meis DX09 cape while I wait for Keats....

Count Joker!

count_joker_bw_4.jpg

count_joker_bw_2.jpg

Count_Joker_bw.jpg

count_joker_bw_5_bela.jpg

I think he means he changes his displays.
So sometimes some figures are boxed back up.
He either lives in a tiny house or has more figures than a mob accountant! Lol

Close. Apartment. Only have room to display a handful of figures atm:(

I see.... Fold the cape at the sewi g line and put them away in a plastic pouch is fine :hi5: store away in a cool temp area

Okay thanks. Again this cape is fantastic.

Does anyone else feel that the custom cape lays almost too close to Batman? As oppose to the stock that sits way out. That's the only thing keeping me from buying right now

Does anyone else feel that the custom cape lays almost too close to Batman? As oppose to the stock that sits way out. That's the only thing keeping me from buying right now

the ht cape is not that horrible with some mods..anyway I don't like so much the shiny effect of tony's cape but is a very good work...:clap:clap

ht cape repainted

6oiwbs.jpg

1o1zf6.jpg

13092012071.jpg

No offense to Tony but if you can get the stock cape to look like that than that's the way to go. The texture on the outside is awesome. Like bat skin or something.

HOw did you paint it again, shadowfla?

Cut out the inner lining and wire. That's what I did. But under that is a gray soft material that you have to either paint or dye or something to turn it black. shadowfla and Raymiond Ferrera are the only ones Ive seen that have gotten it to look that good.

No offense to Tony but if you can get the stock cape to look like that than that's the way to go. The texture on the outside is awesome. Like bat skin or something.

HOw did you paint it again, shadowfla?

if you use too paint the cape will become too hard and will lost his flexibilty..I have used black acrilic tamya...;)
now I am in love with the stock ht cape..
I have to correct the creases on the front of the cape and it's done..I will use a water's steam for it...
uh I've forgot, I have 2 capes I have kept the original ht with the wires for the bat pose..;)
don't ruin the amazing ht cape if you don't have another one...maglor has shown how is beatiful the ht cape with some time to futz it...

Last edited:
I posted a youtube video a few pages back that explained the long painstaking process i went through to get the lining black and still be nice and soft.

If anyone wants a TonyMeis Dx09 first version cape for much lower than the asking price PM me. I'll let mine go for 35 bucks shipped in US, 40 shipped internationally.

I posted a youtube video a few pages back that explained the long painstaking process i went through to get the lining black and still be nice and soft.
OMG Ray:panic: have you used a marker to panting your cape ?:panic:
I've spent 15 min for painting mine...

Last edited:
I just got my cape in yesterday... I really, really like it... it's going to look so great next to the Batmobile. :panic:

if you use too paint the cape will become too hard and will lost his flexibilty..I have used black acrilic tamya...;)
now I am in love with the stock ht cape..
I have to correct the creases on the front of the cape and it's done..I will use a water's steam for it...
uh I've forgot, I have 2 capes I have kept the original ht with the wires for the bat pose..;)
don't ruin the amazing ht cape if you don't have another one...maglor has shown how is beatiful the ht cape with some time to futz it...

It was really watered down acrylic,right?

If anyone wants a TonyMeis Dx09 first version cape for much lower than the asking price PM me. I'll let mine go for 35 bucks shipped in US, 40 shipped internationally.

Selling yours? :lol Gotta be honest I've been thinking about it too. If I can get mine to look like your or shadowfla's then off it goes.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

The HT cape can look ok with some futzing.
First shot is with the wire still in the cape - no mod.
All the other pics have the wire and lining removed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think both with and without the wire look good.

Custom sitting close to the body also looks good.

Bottom line, nothing can make this figure look bad.

Can't wait for the Neca version to see how futzing will affect the appearance.

Might need a Tony custom for that one as well.

Back