Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True.

Pop off the head of the "Batmobile Batman" and put the regular DX 09 one on I guess.

That also makes me wonder how the interior cockpit lights will look in that thing. That'd be cool if all the dash instruments and buttons light up.

I know I'm probably going to ***** out and not even try sitting him in the Batmobile. I even bought an extra parted out figure to make as "Batmobile Batman" way back when that I probably won't even contort to get him in there.

It still would have been nice if they included something like this.

batmobilebatman.jpg

This can so be done and its a great idea. Simply cut off the bottom part of the suit and cape and you're there. You should do it Di. If you ever want to reverse it you could simply put the "pants" back on and the belt will hide the cut seam, like the Medix's.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

He's got a fabric body suit on underneath though. I have no idea where the seam for that would be and I'm sure it isn't at the waist.

Ah. I didn't think about the undersuit. You could always cut that at the waist too. The Medix's don't have an undersuit and they're fine. Of course all of this is if you want to reverse it, no matter how crude. You have an extra body but do you have an extra cowl?

I must choose between Batman dx09 and dx12. Cant decide any suggestion? Love Nolan movie much better but like that more comic look of Keaton.

Sh..t!! Ill go wrong anyway.

I know I'm probably going to ***** out and not even try sitting him in the Batmobile. I even bought an extra parted out figure to make as "Batmobile Batman" way back when that I probably won't even contort to get him in there.

It still would have been nice if they included something like this.

batmobilebatman.jpg

I have a load of DX09's so I'm 100% gonna do something like this.
:yess:

I think the Nolan movies are better too but I think Keaton would be more fun to have on the shelf.

Yes i think that to and I hope HT will release another Bale Batman.
Anyway my main stuff is comic collection and with Keaton will go better i think.

I must choose between Batman dx09 and dx12. Cant decide any suggestion? Love Nolan movie much better but like that more comic look of Keaton.

Sh..t!! Ill go wrong anyway.

I own both.

Character preferences aside, the DX 09 is a much better figure. The only negative I could really find on the DX 09 is that PERS panel on the back of the head. Other than that, the head sculpt portrait and eyes are much more realistic than the DX 12's. The '89 Batman is also unique and one of a kind. The DX 12 has parts and functions that has been done a billion times before, not to mention that version is also the billionth attempt at the character.

If you can only pick one and want something stand alone to visually enhance your collection and you like the look of the costume, I'd go with DX 09.

Looking forward to it. I know I won't talk Difabio into it. :lol

I own both.

Character preferences aside, the DX 09 is a much better figure. It's also unique and one of a kind. The DX 12 has parts and functions that has been done a billion times before.

If you can only pick one and want something stand alone to visually enhance your collection and you like the look of the costume, I'd go with DX 09.

Yeah, if you're going to completely discount your preference for character and movie than Keaton is the easy win. Its the best Bat-suit, its unique and no one has looked better in the Bat-suit than Keaton.

Looking forward to it. I know I won't talk Difabio into it. :lol

I'll have to see what the seats and interior are like first.

I bought extras for the sole purpose of dissecting a body and putting it in there but I need to see if it's "worth it" to have him sitting in there once I get it.

It would be a waste for me to cut it up and make a "Batmobile Batman" only to display it with the canopy closed or have the cocoon armor shields (*cough* glorified dust/damage/scratch cover *cough*) or put it away or something. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Either way, I'm pretty excited that I have not only Batman, but his ride AND the Batmobile communicator device too. All the figure really needs is the suit/armory vault to store the gadgets in and he's pretty much complete.

No, I understand.Do we even know for sure if Batman will fit in it? I thought I read it somewhere that it was made for it but you never know with Hot Toys.

Anyone want to sell me their smoke capsules? I need 20 of them for a custom so I need these from a few people since the figure only comes with 3. PM me please.

This can so be done and its a great idea. Simply cut off the bottom part of the suit and cape and you're there. You should do it Di. If you ever want to reverse it you could simply put the "pants" back on and the belt will hide the cut seam, like the Medix's.

Guys, if you have spares of DX09 - what's the sense in cutting him in half for the Batmobile? He'll fit as-is - it's just a question of whether his suit and cape will become permanently creased/torn if left in there for long periods of time. But sawing him in half is only ruining a DX09 preemptively, guaranteeing you have a ruined DX09. I don't get it.

He has extras.

Bending him in that position will only bunch up the suit and it wont look right. It will also prohit him from sitting flush with the seat. I don't know what there isn't to get.

Guys, if you have spares of DX09 - what's the sense in cutting him in half for the Batmobile? He'll fit as-is - it's just a question of whether his suit and cape will become permanently creased/torn if left in there for long periods of time. But sawing him in half is only ruining a DX09 preemptively, guaranteeing you have a ruined DX09. I don't get it.

I won't leave him for long, I will take a couple of pics and that's it... no way I am ruining his suit.

Bat diapers sighted. If I got the money to buy the batmobile, I most definitely wouldn't sit my DX09 in it. What's the point of having a classic Burton Batman if you're going to have just the head on show? Plus, I think it would really cut the suit's longevity having it squashed like that for days on end. Just my two cents anyway.

Back