Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stock cape looks nothing like that. How did you get it not looking so bulky?

On a side note. Sweet LOTR Sword. Is that Anduril? Looks like it. I have the Witch-King Sword, and it's HUGE.

Time and patience. I posted a tutorial about a thousand pages back if you can find it :)

And yeah it's Anduril. I've got Strider's sword and knife too and Leg's knives.

Very nice with the stock cape! Argghh, stop trying to tempt me to get one!!! haha Can the camera pan over to show the Batman Begins suit?

Check the Begins thread and the show your entire Batman collection thread - I recently posted some pics.

Check the Begins thread and the show your entire Batman collection thread - I recently posted some pics.

Oh yeah I see it now, I remember I asked about the grappling gun and you said you used a tie to hold it in place. Did you swap out the belt for a DX12 belt?

I found it less noticeable in daylight by the way. Artificial light seems to highlight this issue more. I'm not particularly bothered though as I still don't find it too drastic a difference and I simply could not get the stock cape to look anything close to how Jokes and Bats has his.

True. But the color is not only darker, but it has weird shininess to it that the suit doesn't have. It's still a hell of a lot better than the stock cape though, I've spent hours trying to get it to look right with no success.

Last edited:
I need one of these. How much are these going for now?

Yes, you do need one.

It varies greatly. eBay can go from anywhere between 250 US dollars to Almost 500 bucks US. I got mine for 250 us off eBay. It was used, but In Excellent condition.

You can try the For Sale forum. Usually stuff sells for a lot cheaper than ebay.

Happy Hunting, cause this is a great figure!

Yeah, so I spent almost 30 mins going thru old posts in this thread and have yet to stumble on Jokes and Bats tutorial on futzing the Stock cape. I did stumble on the old debate about the rubber not lasting long, which surprised me since I thought DX09 had a different type of suit. So, now I have that to look forward to!

Yeah, so I spent almost 30 mins going thru old posts in this thread and have yet to stumble on Jokes and Bats tutorial on futzing the Stock cape. I did stumble on the old debate about the rubber not lasting long, which surprised me since I thought DX09 had a different type of suit. So, now I have that to look forward to!

BAZINGA!!!

Some fellow board members have requested a tutorial on how to fold the cape so I've taken a few pictures to try and show how I approach it. Hope they help.

Step 1. is to completely remove the cape from the figure and flatten it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Step 2. is to start folding the cape from the bottom edge. Carefully pinch the edges togther.

Here you can see how the left hand side is folded whereas the right hand side is not - just for comparison.

Step 3. is to watch out for any of these weird folds - they will ruin the look of the cape so try your best to get rid of them.

One you have folded the whole thing, it should look like this:

Step 4. is to place the cape on the figure. It will stick out and look messy at first.

Step 5. is to repeat the folding process but this time gently pull down as you fold. This should help make the cape look smooth.

Step 6. is to put his head on. This will keep the cape in place around his neck. The cape will still be sticking out at this point.

Step 7. is to carefully fold the back of the cape over itself to remove some of the bulk - it also reduces how much of the cape sticks out by his arms. This part is tricky and can be time consuming. I find a lot of patience helps.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

Step 8. is to apply pressure to the front 'corners' of the cape - I press them into the stand to make the cape smooth and straight. The cape then stays in place as it has gripped onto the stand.

Here you can see one side is done and the other is not.

Then repeat for the other side.

It takes a lot of time to get it right. Chances are you will ave to keep futzing and altering small bits of it every time you walk past it and notice something out of place. I have found that simply leaving it and letting gravity pull it down also helps. Hope that was useful for everyone.

...Or just buy a Tony Meis cape, take the head off, place the cape on the shoulders, put the head back on and be done with it.:)

...Or just buy a Tony Meis cape, take the head off, place the cape on the shoulders, put the head back on and be done with it.:)

I bought a v1 from Tony and it's lovely. But I never got rid of my original HT capes (I have two figures) because I do like the way they look and what HT tried to do with them. I appreciated the effort even if they missed a bit with the final product.

I bought a v1 from Tony and it's lovely. But I never got rid of my original HT capes (I have two figures) because I do like the way they look and what HT tried to do with them. I appreciated the effort even if they missed a bit with the final product.

I hear ya, got a Tony cape myself as I suck at futzing but still wanted a clean look. Stock cape still in te box and will never touch it, but it is still nice to know I have the complete set.

You got two, that's cool. Have two Nicholson Jokers myself for different display options, would be nice to have another Keaton.

I kept the original cape. I think it looks better for the "over the shoulder" look when posing next to the batmobile. But I could NEVER get it to hang down correctly.

I think Hot Toys has a secret deal with Tony where they keep making terrible capes to give him business :)

You got two, that's cool. Have two Nicholson Jokers myself for different display options, would be nice to have another Keaton.

Hey, me too!

One of the few times where I duplicated on the same items, just because they are so cool and i wanted to buy my son a set too. His part of our family collection also consists of the HT Catwoman and Bane.

I'm looking into the custom, but at the same time I don't feel the need to just go out and get it. I like the stock cape, and doing what Jokes and Bats did to his makes it look even better.

Hey guys thinking about getting this is there any faults to it like with the dx 02 or anything.

Back