Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys thinking about getting this is there any faults to it like with the dx 02 or anything.

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but 2 of my faceplates on mine stick out far to much. Kinda throws the nice sculpt off

Been wanting to pick this up as I am looking into getting the 89 Batmobile but this is pricy on ebay. Think I'll wait for the Returns version as people on here have suggest. This looks amazing though.

I think it was a case of honest mis-identification. The glue on the belt-magnet was not great and marked the body a little (easily fixed) and just one more revelation at HT's crap choice in glue...still current today!

Been wanting to pick this up as I am looking into getting the 89 Batmobile but this is pricy on ebay. Think I'll wait for the Returns version as people on here have suggest. This looks amazing though.

I personally would also pick the '89 version if you can afford to have both as he is a top notch figure from head to toe.

Also thanks for that stock cape tutorial Jokes & Bats.

I personally would also pick the '89 version if you can afford to have both as he is a top notch figure from head to toe.

Also thanks for that stock cape tutorial Jokes & Bats.

Thanks for the input Sid. I am not really a hot toys collector but am hoping to pick up the 89 Batmobile as I love it and want to have one on display in my collection room when I eventually get one lol. It looks better with a figure to display with so that's why I was looking at this. At the prices I might just wait and see what the returns version is like. I only recently got into the world of SS statues and such and I really am trying not to get sucked into hot toys to. That would be tough on the old bank account. Still trying to get up the never to spend $700 on the Batmobile. Need to decide soon as its got the low quantity alert on the last few newsletters.

By the way is there any indication when the Returns figure are set to come out or is it still to early to tell?
Thanks for all the info guys.

Thanks for the input Sid. I am not really a hot toys collector but am hoping to pick up the 89 Batmobile as I love it and want to have one on display in my collection room when I eventually get one lol. It looks better with a figure to display with so that's why I was looking at this. At the prices I might just wait and see what the returns version is like. I only recently got into the world of SS statues and such and I really am trying not to get sucked into hot toys to. That would be tough on the old bank account. Still trying to get up the never to spend $700 on the Batmobile. Need to decide soon as its got the low quantity alert on the last few newsletters.

By the way is there any indication when the Returns figure are set to come out or is it still to early to tell?
Thanks for all the info guys.

Yeah this hobby hits the pocket hard. I also agree that it would be great to have a Burton Bats next to the Batmobile.

As far as I'm aware in a recent HT interview it was stated that they would still be made but that they would be delayed.

That cape tutorial highlights why I much prefer fully sculpted! :lol:lol

Now Re: custom cape it is shinier than it should be but it still looks nice and goes fine with the figure in hand. And even if it were a bit too shiny I'd rather have the extra shine that drapes fantastically than the stock cape that is a giant mess.

That cape tutorial highlights why I much prefer fully sculpted! :lol:lol

Now Re: custom cape it is shinier than it should be but it still looks nice and goes fine with the figure in hand. And even if it were a bit too shiny I'd rather have the extra shine that drapes fantastically than the stock cape that is a giant mess.

I like both for what they are. I currently have him with Tony's cape but wouldn't hesitate to swap it over for the stock cape if I need to achieve a different pose that I couldn't get with Tony's.

Back