Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god! Did unboxing guy break the neck post on the T1000 liquid metal man?
Lol.

Seriously, these unboxing vids remind me of the Blair Witch project.

I will admit, the decor is definitely on the odd side but as long as he keeps making straightforward representational videos as soon as a figure is released, I'm still going to be a viewer.

Yup. Or hearing 5 minutes just on the box, or someone who has to turn or bent every articulation point like we didn't know. And jokes. Funny men love YouTube. Almost all YouTube reviews are garbage IMO.

And why are people kirking out about the Ex head? It was only the neck post that popped out. Jeez.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Well as far as youtube reviews go I actually like hearing peoples thoughts on a piece, I sure as heck wouldn't watch his videos if they were not the first up. There cool for a first look and all but lets be honest, this guys nothing more than a flipper showing his wears.

I don't need to hear there opinions to decide if I want something but there usually helpful in giving a heads up on things to watch out for and to get a detailed look at the piece.

Of course this all depends on which reviewer your talking about though.

This is a silly question, but here it goes. If you don't use the HS with the light up eye, do you have to remove the batteries or is the little plastic enough? I'm asking because I probably won't use the full BD head sculpt. I usually remove the batteries from the stands or weapons (dx 12 gun).

Batteries will eventually leak, plastic tab or no.

The plastic tab only exists to stop switches from accidentally being switched on and sucking all the juice out before you get them. Esp on shop shelves. Dead batteries leak quicker than "fresh" ones, but eventually, they will ALL leak. No ifs, no buts.

Yeah, then it comes out and years from now we look at it and say, "it could be better". Thing is, we've never had a 1/6 Battle Damaged T-800 before. Of course it should be up to date as far as standards go. But then what? It's 2015, sculpts have improved. Should we get another Battle Damaged version of Uncle Bob? Okay, it's 2018 that old 2015 sculpt is obsolete now, time for a 3.0? Before you know it, 2013 will be "four years ago" before we know it.

We finally got the Battle Damaged T-800 we've been wanting for the past 4 to 5 years. Now we all seem to want a redo of past figures. Where does it end? If things are constantly improving each year (and they are), none of our characters will ever match up to previous ones. Say they make a new regular Uncle Bob, boom, it's better looking than the battle damage. After that, they make a new T-1000 that blows away all the T-800s in terms of likeness and details. Now all the others look "off". Do you really want to keep doing this forever?
Even the Hot Toys T-1000 sausage finger and DX 10's PERS aren't anywhere near those. Everything can be improved until the end of time, sure. But do you really want to buy more versions after all the money you put into your collection? You really can't wait until the day where half of the things you bought are "obsolete"?

One of the best posts I ve seen on these boards.We do nt seem to appreciate how lucky we are to be enjoying this renaissance period of action figure art.Saddens me.

My god! Did unboxing guy break the neck post on the T1000 liquid metal man?
Lol.

Seriously, these unboxing vids remind me of the Blair Witch project.

:lol

He is rough - & eerily silent.. except for the heavy breathing. However, as others have said - his videos are probably in there with the better ones, because there's no time wasted gabbing about box details or articulation points. While I do appreciate a nice detailed review sometimes, he gets to the point - & you see what you're paying for pretty quickly.

Open box. Get toy out. Show toy. Show accessories. No useless diversions.

:duff

Fingers crossed the dx15 is this with a clean head sculpt, mms117 clothing and all the accessories both the mms117 and dx10 came with.

I like the videos in which there is no one who is yapping away to glory. Show me the stuff and move on. He just did that and nice and quite. Like the video actually. There are many who will give there expert views on each and every element and put people to sleep in many of the other reviews i see...

He did a good job i say!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got the tracking info for my Arnie this morning :yess: hopefully be here middle of next week (barring any customs hold ups)

How much over RRP did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not sure how much the RRP is but it was $450 for the EX. I was very lucky and haven't had to pay anything for it as my parents bought it as an early Xmas gift for me!

Does every single UK collector have to pay all that much above retail?

$450 seems like a lot, present or not.

My car payment, a ps4 and a game even..... Idk, seems excessive. Retail is way expensive as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is an expensive gift and it's very, very much appreciated. If I was ordering it myself, I'd of possibly waited and got from a UK retailer. But, as my parents offered to get it for me, I'm not going to say no! :lol

And it may have something to do with my dad being a Terminator fan too, he wants to see it as much as I do! :lol

Back