Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double yep. But just for the record, I think it's fantastic out of the box.

Completely agree. But i would still prefer the red to be a bit less. Trying to fix one of my dx13 by toning it down ... lets see how that goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You bastards and your beatiful pictures made me cave in and I'm getting one.

Bastards, all of you!

You think he still looks too young? Are you aware that Arnold was 43 -44 years old when he made this movie? They got the age just fine on the sculpt.

Agreed, I really don't see an age problem now, definitely not in person. In fact, generally speaking I really don't think pics are doing this thing justice. I find that rather annoying actually. Personally I haven't been able to take a single pic that I'm satisfied with.

Ok, here is what I was taking about with the improvement on the PERS eyes themselves. See how Luke is more jagged looking, straight clean lines. I called it a starburst pattern for lack of a better term. This is how PERS looked on all past figures It's a small thing but I think it's cool that they've done better with them.

The DX10 with the weird jagged pattern.

DXT-800HD311_zps90ee4ae8.jpg

And here with the new BD Arnie the iris looks more natural in it's pattern and less doll like,fake. What do you guys think?

T28_zps25f9e5d0.jpg~original

Yeah you're definitely right Fiend, good examples. This is a very positive step forward for PERS. I hope it wasn't a fluke.

Last edited:
These pictures are crazy.. Great job.

Amazing paramoremcr88, just amazing :clap:clap:clap

OMG who???

:clap another collector raising the bar... Rorywan has the artistic award, I give these the realistic ones to beat :clap:clap:hi5:

Crazy good shots there Paramoremcr88

This one really shows off how good the PERS looks. No more bug eyes. Well done para. :)

Many, many thanks for the great comments guys, it's very much appreciated. :hi5: :duff

Is anyone gonna try and make the exposed endo more chrome?

yep.

If you're successful at that might you possibly take commissions on repaints? A few of us here might go for it.

I'm also wondering if, inspired by the quality of the headsculpts on DX13, you might go back to DX10 and try to improve that one. Get the PERS looking better, fix the shape of the back of his head etc.

DX13 proves that I had exactly the right idea with what I was trying to do here -

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124537&postcount=9010
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124574&postcount=9012

Fixing the PERS though, was always totally beyond me. I didn't dare even begin to try.

If you're successful at that might you possibly take commissions on repaints? A few of us here might go for it.

I'm also wondering if, inspired by the quality of the headsculpts on DX13, you might go back to DX10 and try to improve that one. Get the PERS looking better, fix the shape of the back of his head etc.

DX13 proves that I had exactly the right idea with what I was trying to do here -

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124537&postcount=9010
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124574&postcount=9012

Fixing the PERS though, was always totally beyond me. I didn't dare even begin to try.

Yeah, I'm gonna give the DX13 a go over when i get the extra head I ordered. See how i get on with that first. I would start messing with the one I have already, but I want to wait to see a second in hand before I do anything. I would rather mess up the worst of the two. You have a few now A-dev have you noticed much difference on the chrome/blood sections between them?

Yeah, I'm gonna give the DX13 a go over when i get the extra head I ordered. See how i get on with that first. I would start messing with the one I have already, but I want to wait to see a second in hand before I do anything. I would rather mess up the worst of the two. You have a few now A-dev have you noticed much difference on the chrome/blood sections between them?

No, they're all the same unfortunately. There's just no silver there at all. Chrome would be ideal but realistically HT has never used it on the endo-parts before so I'm saying silver - but as I said, no sign of that even. Terrible decision by Hot Toys, it really diminishes the impact of the BD. If you didn't know better and study it up close you'd say it was just a guy with some nasty wounds.

No, they're all the same unfortunately. There's just no silver there at all. Chrome would be ideal but realistically HT has never used it on the endo-parts before so I'm saying silver - but as I said, no sign of that even. Terrible decision by Hot Toys, it really diminishes the impact of the BD. If you didn't know better and study it up close you'd say it was just a guy with some nasty wounds.

Yeah, it's an odd choice all right. I have been doing a bit of research for a while now on how (for something else) on how to give a proper metal finish to plastic. I'm gonna try some stuff. Straight paint is good, but it always looks like silver paint. I'll see how I get on.

Double yep. But just for the record, I think it's fantastic out of the box.

Will be looking forward to what you come up with....and more than likely PM for details. :lol

Agreed, I really don't see an age problem now, definitely not in person. In fact, generally speaking I really don't think pics are doing this thing justice. I find that rather annoying actually. Personally I haven't been able to take a single pic that I'm satisfied with.

I think it's the only Arnie to date that accurately captures his correct age. Which is something I'm most happy about.

Yeah you're definitely right Fiend, good examples. This is a very positive step forward for PERS. I hope it wasn't a fluke.

After taking a quick check on some other DX figures I own I see that DX11 is also better than the earlier PERS eyes. I can't check DX12 because pulled those silly derp eyes out and replaced it will sculpted ones from the Wayne head almost immediately. But the DX08 and 09 definitely have the jagged starburst look. So it looks like it ended with them and continued to improve on them with every release up until this here DX13 judging by pics. Lets hope they continue to advance to the point that they look like true glass eyes.

Do you think it'd be easier to mod an existing DX10 to look like the DX13 or mod the semi BD DX13 head to be a clean version?

I would imagine the latter would be the easier or the 2

(coming from someone who has limited modding exp)

Do you think it'd be easier to mod an existing DX10 to look like the DX13 or mod the semi BD DX13 head to be a clean version?

I would imagine the latter would be the easier or the 2

(coming from someone who has limited modding exp)

I wouldn't try either of those. Both are possible for sure, but a lot of work to make something not as good as it was?

I meant to make a better clean version for the DX10.

If you sculpted over the semi bd parts and just added the bit of hair missing it would be a better clean version than the DX10 no?

I wouldn't try either of those. Both are possible for sure, but a lot of work to make something not as good as it was?

Besides the pattern on the PERS, which is different, I was trying to compare the size of the eyes on the DX10 and DX13. They look the same size roughly, so I was trying to figure out what else is different then I noticed the DX10's eyeballs are kind of deeper in the eye sockets, while DX13 are closer to the front which looks more lifelike.

I meant to make a better clean version for the DX10.

If you sculpted over the semi bd parts and just added the bit of hair missing it would be a better clean version than the DX10 no?

Yeah, definitely, pretty tricky to do professionally though, you would have to repaint the entire DX13 head, I think otherwise you would have strange patches.

Resculpting the eyelids too, making the eye opening smaller

That I may try, as well as a bit of a repaint. I never took a DX10 head apart, if it's anyway similar to Indy I might be able to change it a bit.
Will have a look at w.end. Now **** the 1/6th collectibles, my PS4 arrived.
bye.

:rock

Yeah, definitely, pretty tricky to do professionally though, you would have to repaint the entire DX13 head, I think otherwise you would have strange patches.

Naturally. I've seen what you did with the Joker heads man i think you could do it!

Back