Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought this guy this evening. Cannot wait to get him. There is so much stuff with this set!

Will share photos when he arrives.

Bri

Why did you remove the belt on yours?

I wanted to display the semi bd look post swat/cyberdyne lobby shoot out where he has not yet the damaged knee. So i had an mms117 pants without belt, i took the one from the bd pants :)

Amongst my haul from collectiblekitbash UK yesterday I paid £79.99 for the body and I was happy with that in the end. I thought prior to them putting it up on the site that they would be around £60 so the difference wasn't huge although I see today that it is now £89.99 so the prices are already on the up and up.

Getting it from HK and it would probably work out more or less the same and you have to wait longer to get it.

Its always about if you re confortable with the price you end up paying.
Theres is probably around 30/40 (including shipping) difference between the store and ebay and yep that is the price to get it sooner (same thing about the figures bought directly from hk when released, that is true only for the USA buyers because we in europe end paying those ebay prices when the customs and shipping cost are factored in, so i might as wwell get the figure sooner) i was just a bit surprised about the store price as im not in the uk its clearly better for me to get it from ebay :)

^ John Connor by Commando (no idea where he got any of the ingredients sorry) I put some staples at certain points in his T-shirt and camo-shirt so as to make them look not so oversized. The shirt is so big that it obscured the Public Enemies logo on the front which is always very visible in the film, hence why I folded the sides over a bit on themselves and kept them in position with staples - which I then coloured in with a black permanent marker :lol Worked :dunno

^ Cyberdyne window diorama also by our friend Commando. I've actually had this for ages.

^ Both wearing DX13 coats but I was able to make adjustments to that BD sleeve version (on left) with the usual paperclip in the collar trick and some strategically placed staples in the lapels. It now looks like a BDed MMS jacket and I'm thrilled with that :yess: I don't like the way on the stock jackets the sides of the coat practically obscure the BD chest completely, had to do something about it.

Really nice shot a-dev, Your john connor looks great:clap I do have lots of questions about the Little john but as you stated your not the one to ask. Love your set up man, keep them shots coming, you should start a collection thread already buddy:impatient:

^ John Connor by Commando (no idea where he got any of the ingredients sorry) I put some staples at certain points in his T-shirt and camo-shirt so as to make them look not so oversized. The shirt is so big that it obscured the Public Enemies logo on the front which is always very visible in the film, hence why I folded the sides over a bit on themselves and kept them in position with staples - which I then coloured in with a black permanent marker :lol Worked :dunno

^ Cyberdyne window diorama also by our friend Commando. I've actually had this for ages.

^ Both wearing DX13 coats but I was able to make adjustments to that BD sleeve version (on left) with the usual paperclip in the collar trick and some strategically placed staples in the lapels. It now looks like a BDed MMS jacket and I'm thrilled with that :yess: I don't like the way on the stock jackets the sides of the coat practically obscure the BD chest completely, had to do something about it.

:hi5: Wow what is that backdrop you used??

That is awesome, reminds me of the Cyberdyne and the Mental ward's elevators!

Fantastic!

Wow that's an amazing display. Love the poses, you should photoshop john into your pescadaro photos. Awesome job on the dx13 jacket, I'll have to look into that. What exactly is the paperclip collar trick? I've heard about it and wanna try it on my dx11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really nice shot a-dev, Your john connor looks great:clap I do have lots of questions about the Little john but as you stated your not the one to ask. Love your set up man, keep them shots coming, you should start a collection thread already buddy:impatient:

Thanks. Regarding John I asked him all those questions you probably have, like where it came from, and you know what he told me? Don't ask (using the movie quotes loosely there :lol ) Actually seriously I didn't ask Commando anything about it, just bought it from him straight-up. I know where the head comes from and that's it - you probably know more about the rest of him than I do.

I'd love to do a collection thread but I'd be taking pictures of an ugly mess. I'd like to at least have detolfs or something and a new camera.

:hi5: Wow what is that backdrop you used??

That is awesome, reminds me of the Cyberdyne and the Mental ward's elevators!

Fantastic!

Thanks Guyver, the backdrop is this: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120395

Just not shot in any kind of movie-based way. I use it for most of my pics, even non-Terminator figures sometimes, beats having my messy room in the background.

Wow that's an amazing display. Love the poses, you should photoshop john into your pescadaro photos. Awesome job on the dx13 jacket, I'll have to look into that. What exactly is the paperclip collar trick? I've heard about it and wanna try it on my dx11

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll retake the Pescadero photos some day with him in them. Problem is he won't be easy to work with, this being a custom some compromises had to be made, his shoes are not flexible and he really can't stand unaided.

Paperclip trick is simply unfurling a paperclip and sliding it under the collar of the jacket. The you manipulate it so the collar of the jacket properly wraps around the neck rather than having such a wide arc. If you're doing it to a DX13 jacket though you're gonna need to address the lapels too (as I did) because if you don't do so the coat will be practically closed after the paperclip trick, and thus not accurate.

Thanks. Regarding John I asked him all those questions you probably have, like where it came from, and you know what he told me? Don't ask (using the movie quotes loosely there :lol ) Actually seriously I didn't ask Commando anything about it, just bought it from him straight-up. I know where the head comes from and that's it - you probably know more about the rest of him than I do.

I'd love to do a collection thread but I'd be taking pictures of an ugly mess. I'd like to at least have detolfs or something and a new camera.

Thanks Guyver, the backdrop is this: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120395

Just not shot in any kind of movie-based way. I use it for most of my pics, even non-Terminator figures sometimes, beats having my messy room in the background.

:bow:bow :hi5:

Yeah I got the head though its not as well painted as yours, I really just need a good body, I've been though 3 already and the last one was a complete fail, never trust ebay listing measurments:nono

I'm at the point now if I come across the right body I'll get back to work on my bash, otherwise I'll wait and hope hot toys actually makes one, fat chance I know:panic:

Yeah I got the head though its not as well painted as yours, I really just need a good body, I've been though 3 already and the last one was a complete fail, never trust ebay listing measurments:nono

I'm at the point now if I come across the right body I'll get back to work on my bash, otherwise I'll wait and hope hot toys actually makes one, fat chance I know:panic:

Commando painted the head himself. I think the body is some kind of DID body, not sure.

If anyone wants to post some of my John-related shots on HT facebook please feel free - it might give them ideas.

That's pretty crazy, A-dev. I had no idea you bashed a John.

This is actually the first time I've posted any pics of it. I got it a couple of months back.

Good stuff, a-dev.

:hi5:

If anybody is looking to complete their 2nd DX 13 i'm selling the hot toys dx13 body, damaged pants, damaged shirt, belt & long feet pegs - no boots though. I already have my 2nd DX on a TTM20 body with MMS pants, boots & t shirt so i dont need the DX set.

Spontaneous purchase that i shouldn't have made with vader, the crow and celtic pred so close:).

PM SENT:wave

I think I've been really patient so far but i am starting to get tired of waiting for DX-13. Come on Urban Samurai Hobbies ship this damn thing!:gah:

Also a-dev it looks like you bandwidth has reset. Lets see it all now:lecture

Something has been bothering me for years and I have to say it.

How the hell did the T-1000 in Terminator 2 function? If the whole thing was made of liquid metal that would mean that each individual drop would need to contain all his data and operational functions at a sub-atomic level. How did he move his arms with no mechanical muscle fibers? How did he speak with no voice box or gears? I know skynet was advanced but that's some super science level ****, a-la Reed Richards. I'm not buying it.

Now, the Terminatrix in T3 made sense. A combat chassis with liquid metal over it. That I can live with. James Cameron is suppose to be a "genius" but what kind of half-assing was he trying to sell me as a kid?

Whew. Now I feel better.

It's actually very easy to explain.

"Movie Magic"

If it makes you feel any better the T-1000 was an advanced prototype and not a mass produced model.

Back