Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Valid thoughts Gakken85, I gave up the theory of T-1000 years ago.

We have to remember that Reese said Skynet took over in the future, so we don't really know how advanced Skynet was in the future.

Here is another question what good is a 40 watt plasma rifle?

It wouldn't even warm up my Pop Tart. I have freaking light bulbs in my house with more power.

You're right about that and another problem are the time travel paradoxes/assumptions that fail.

Something has been bothering me for years and I have to say it.

How the hell did the T-1000 in Terminator 2 function? If the whole thing was made of liquid metal that would mean that each individual drop would need to contain all his data and operational functions at a sub-atomic level. How did he move his arms with no mechanical muscle fibers? How did he speak with no voice box or gears? I know skynet was advanced but that's some super science level ****, a-la Reed Richards. I'm not buying it.

Now, the Terminatrix in T3 made sense. A combat chassis with liquid metal over it. That I can live with. James Cameron is suppose to be a "genius" but what kind of half-assing was he trying to sell me as a kid?

Whew. Now I feel better.

Is a movie. That's how

Yeah, I get that... but I think the logic behind the the T-1000 needs to stand-up to closer inspection. I think Cameron's imagination just wasn't strong enough at the time to understand that his concept was too crazy to actually work.

Yeah, I get that... but I think the logic behind the the T-1000 needs to stand-up to closer inspection. I think Cameron's imagination just wasn't strong enough at the time to understand that his concept was too crazy to actually work.

Probably. I mean we're now closer to 2029 than we are to 1984 and I'm pretty sure something like the T-800 is a heck of a ways off let alone the T-1000. I can still enjoy the film though.

Let me tell you another concept that has been used in movies for ages and no one really knows how it works... LOVE ... ;) ... So he was not the only crazy one...

The thing to enjoy about it is the imagination, not the logistics of how it could actually work. Pretty sure even nuclear physicists don't give a **** about that (in context). Seriously.

Paperclip trick is simply unfurling a paperclip and sliding it under the collar of the jacket. The you manipulate it so the collar of the jacket properly wraps around the neck rather than having such a wide arc. If you're doing it to a DX13 jacket though you're gonna need to address the lapels too (as I did) because if you don't do so the coat will be practically closed after the paperclip trick, and thus not accurate.

How much time do you leave the papeclip on the jacket for it to set in place?

^ John Connor by Commando (no idea where he got any of the ingredients sorry) I put some staples at certain points in his T-shirt and camo-shirt so as to make them look not so oversized. The shirt is so big that it obscured the Public Enemies logo on the front which is always very visible in the film, hence why I folded the sides over a bit on themselves and kept them in position with staples - which I then coloured in with a black permanent marker :lol Worked :dunno

^ Both wearing DX13 coats but I was able to make adjustments to that BD sleeve version (on left) with the usual paperclip in the collar trick and some strategically placed staples in the lapels. It now looks like a BDed MMS jacket and I'm thrilled with that :yess: I don't like the way on the stock jackets the sides of the coat practically obscure the BD chest completely, had to do something about it.

A-dev what do you mean by staples in the lapels?

To me a movie can do pretty much whatever it wants as long as its plausible in the universe it establishes to me. I dislike when films, books etc. break their own rules. Pulls you right out of it.

One thing for me was the sending back of the t-1000 without a flesh covering. It goes against established rules. I understand it is explained in the book. It just sticks out in the movie. Of course technically. Those rules were established in the prior film.

Let me tell you another concept that has been used in movies for ages and no one really knows how it works... LOVE ... ;) ... So he was not the only crazy one...

Huh?:slap I'll tell you how it works... marketing.

The thing to enjoy about it is the imagination, not the logistics of how it could actually work. Pretty sure even nuclear physicists don't give a **** about that (in context). Seriously.

Well that's nice, nobody asked any nuclear physicists. :cuckoo: That's my point... it's not very imaginative and completely kills the movie for me. You have this awesome movie and set-up with Terminator 2. The T-101, the Time Travel, the relationships, ect... then there is this giant ball of goo flying around that has no explanation. Either in the universe of the films, or in common sense. You don't have to be a physicist to know it doesn't work. haha.

I think it was just James Cameron decision. "Hey! we have this cool new technology that lets us make animated goo work... lets make him a terminator!" It bothers me because A. Everybody says James Cameron is the man and B. Everybody says T2 is the best movie.

To me a movie can do pretty much whatever it wants as long as its plausible in the universe it establishes to me. I dislike when films, books etc. break their own rules. Pulls you right out of it.

One thing for me was the sending back of the t-1000 without a flesh covering. It goes against established rules. I understand it is explained in the book. It just sticks out in the movie. Of course technically. Those rules were established in the prior film.

Yeah.. I guess I could explain that by saying the liquid metal had the same consistency as human skin and thus worked with whatever time travel theory they were going off of... I can deal with that. haha.

Also, my DX13 should be here today! haha :nana::pfft:

Back