Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know why so many people feel the need to pass on so many figures without even getting them in hand. The HT stuff usually appreciates in value as long as you keep the box and the figure is in a good condition, then when you need more money room etc, just sell on the figures that you have got bored off.

it's simple for me....I really don't believe a Toy is worth 300 bucks (200 either)...but I know if I pass on the Terminator figures I will regret it as long as I live...The Avengers, Batman, Star wars..., and the endless sea of Iron men, and Predators I will never regret......If I was rich maybe it wouldn't matter so much, but unfortunately I am not....I love playing with my toys, but that's not all I do.....

it's simple for me....I really don't believe a Toy is worth 300 bucks (200 either)...but I know if I pass on the Terminator figures I will regret it as long as I live...The Avengers, Batman, Star wars..., and the endless sea of Iron men, and Predators I will never regret......If I was rich maybe it wouldn't matter so much, but unfortunately I am not....I love playing with my toys, but that's not all I do.....

HEY BUDDY, welcome to the freaks:1-1: I see you could'nt get enought terminator talk at OSW, anyway glad to have you here:hi5:

Oh that's debatable but don't worry, I've spent years geeking out over this movie and coming up with plausbile explanations for any "mistakes." For the T-1000's arrival I just went with the notion that Skynet put a live cow in the time displacement machine and the T-1000 stabbed it and then poured into it like he did with the helicopter. The dying cow arrived in 1991 and the liquid metal burst out of his cocoon of "living tissue." :cool:

That still doesn't explain why he thought it would be a good idea to appear naked though. :lol
Occam's razor.
you make it too complex, leading to new mistakes while explaining the one that doesn't exist :)
- if it was like this, skynet would send weapons and details to the past
- according to Kyle Reese in T1 and to non-filmed extended beginning of T2 time displacement procedure is extremely painful, and that cow, already dying of a human body volume inside it, would die long before the end of displacement
- there is no way to find a cow after 32 years of a nuclear war (2029 minus 1997), it's a very delicate domestic animal.
- the liquid robot should be in the first movie together with t-800, where the principle of "field of a living creature" was described, so he definitely was designed by Cameron with that ability from the beginning, not by a mistake.

on the other hand, if you unite the things you know, not deny them, you can make something like this:
- skynet discovers the time displacement phenomena but understands it needs "the living creature field"
- it doesn't have creatures willing to help and starts to design a substance that can generate it (liquid metal mimicking matters and, for example, fields)
- that ability also allows the substance to have "a brain" so it is an ideal robot and can be used both for present infiltration and time displacement process
- when people are destroying skynet's core, it makes the last try and sends T-1000 into the time machine, then shuts down.

:)

I just had a look at the high res pics. Amazing. I held my DX10 sculpt up to compare to the pics at the same angles. They'll look great together as the sculpts are virtually identical, but damn I wish the DX10 had the same paint job as the DX13 proto!

Occam's razor.
you make it too complex, leading to new mistakes while explaining the one that doesn't exist :)
- if it was like this, skynet would send weapons and details to the past
- according to Kyle Reese in T1 and to non-filmed extended beginning of T2 time displacement procedure is extremely painful, and that cow, already dying of a human body volume inside it, would die long before the end of displacement
- there is no way to find a cow after 32 years of a nuclear war (2029 minus 1997), it's a very delicate domestic animal.
- the liquid robot should be in the first movie together with t-800, where the principle of "field of a living creature" was described, so he definitely was designed by Cameron with that ability from the beginning, not by a mistake.

on the other hand, if you unite the things you know, not deny them, you can make something like this:
- skynet discovers the time displacement phenomena but understands it needs "the living creature field"
- it doesn't have creatures willing to help and starts to design a substance that can generate it (liquid metal mimicking matters and, for example, fields)
- that ability also allows the substance to have "a brain" so it is an ideal robot and can be used both for present infiltration and time displacement process
- when people are destroying skynet's core, it makes the last try and sends T-1000 into the time machine, then shuts down.

:)

I like the idea of a cow better. The T-1000 actually wouldn't have to stab it, he could just liquify and slide down its throat and then burst out of its stomach after arriving in the present. :)

HEY BUDDY, welcome to the freaks:1-1: I see you could'nt get enought terminator talk at OSW, anyway glad to have you here:hi5:
Thanks Skull....glad to be over here....why do it seem like there are more members over here. I wonder if we got a petition up Hot Toys would consider doing figures from The Sarah Connor chronicles....I know the show didn't do to well, but I would love a 1/6 figure of the tv show's Terminator, Sarah, John Connor and even the bad Terminator....

I like the idea of a cow better. The T-1000 actually wouldn't have to stab it, he could just liquify and slide down its throat and then burst out of its stomach after arriving in the present. :)

This is news to me, where did the Cow idea come from?

Did Cameron ever explain how the T-1000 was able to be sent back?

It would have made more sense to me if when the T-1000 arrived in the present he was just his liquid metal form and then stole not only the clothes from the cop but his identity also

This is news to me, where did the Cow idea come from?

I just made it up. :lol

In the first Dark Horse Terminator comics some more T-800's are sent through time and they bring back with them an obese human resistance fighter that they had performed surgery on to implant a plasma pistol into his abdomen (kind of like what the Joker did with the cell phone in TDK.) Then when they arrived one of the terminators reached into the terrified human's stomach and tore out the gun.

So I just picture something to that effect must have happened with the T-1000 unless you subsribe to the idea that he's somewhat sentient (due to his screams in the molten steel perhaps) and does indeed generate some sort of living field on his own. It's unexplained and vague but its sci-fi and I don't see it as that big a deal.

yeah yeah, t-1000 arrived in a cow, god created earth, and to hell with physics and actual movie explanations, i agree )

How long until Toy Anxiety starts the preorders for parted out parts?

That's going to be an interesting day. :lol Just like when Joker 2.0 went up for P.P.O. Lots of sell outs really quick. DOn't worry Buttmunch will be over here to let us know the second they go up. :lol I just hope Im lucky enough to be online like I was when the Joker stuff went up.

It would have made more sense to me if when the T-1000 arrived in the present he was just his liquid metal form and then stole not only the clothes from the cop but his identity also

Yeah, I thought that would have made more sense too. But then again if he showed up in liquid form it would go against what I was saying earlier about Skynet shouldn't have been too obvious in areas etc. It's like P said you "fix" one thing and make problems elsewhere. Either way I love the movie the way it is. It's just fun to talk about this stuff.

yeah yeah, t-1000 arrived in a cow, god created earth, and to hell with physics and actual movie explanations, i agree )

Just because you don't believe in something don't mean it's not true....and I know just because you do believe in something don't make it so, but you could at least have some respect for those who do.....

I just made it up. :lol

In the first Dark Horse Terminator comics some more T-800's are sent through time and they bring back with them an obese human resistance fighter that they had performed surgery on to implant a plasma pistol into his abdomen (kind of like what the Joker did with the cell phone in TDK.) Then when they arrived one of the terminators reached into the terrified human's stomach and tore out the gun.

So I just picture something to that effect must have happened with the T-1000 unless you subsribe to the idea that he's somewhat sentient (due to his screams in the molten steel perhaps) and does indeed generate some sort of living field on his own. It's unexplained and vague but its sci-fi and I don't see it as that big a deal.

:lol Ok ok. :lol I was like Where the hell did this cow theory come from? Ive never heard of it before. Take my Terminator 2 fan club card away. :lol

Just because you don't believe in something don't mean it's not true....and I know just because you do believe in something don't make it so, but you could at least have some respect for those who do.....
i do respect cows... i even believe in them... i've seen one!

^ Man, some of you guys really save a lot of these points. Don't you need a ton of points to save that kind of dough? How many points did you have btw?

Back