Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
_proxy

Only 95%? You guys are slipping! Nah, its only natural for nitpicking to start creeping in after the first slew of pics come out. I have the MMS 117 and I still think its great, but it doesn't compare to the level we're at now. We'll get our money's worth of talent and critique but its part of the massive wave of attention these releases get. I hope they do fix that exo jaw piece thing, but it won't take away from the overall impression. The likeness here really is a step up and the PERS comes off better than it did with the DX10. But that T1000 diorama piece is the best idea since Jack Sparrow's captain's wheel!

Oooh I dunno, fix the BD areas on this and I'd call it perfect for what is possible in toys right now.

But universal perfection, something that everyone will be happy with bar none and for as long as the figure exists - yeah thats impossible.

Agree.

The only thing I think it needs added is that jaw piston.

63712_10151123439582344_1910771165_n.jpg

I don't see why any T2 fan with the cash would pass on this figure.

:exactly:Could not agree with you more, THIS IS the version I have been waiting years to see and its done really well. To me when I think terminator it is the battle damaged look with the endo exposed.

by the way.
it's strange that, while showing all damaged areas (including macro of broken elbow flesh, suddenly becoming brutally chewed instead of cut by a knife), no photo contains its skinless head back.
surely it must be there - every custom or mass-produced BD version had it, but...
maybe they thought that it would be a rather dull photo.
============
BTW2 a movie mistake:

skin covers the elbow as it should:
2365f8a86b7a.jpg

bd94e8caecbd.jpg

while previously...
d1c5a3f7ed3a.jpg

d91248f48cd6.jpg

the whole elbow joint has no flesh :)

p.s. again after watching that scene i felt that strong pity for the broken robot. hell it just wasn't right to make him a pitiful character. it fit robocop who had brains and personality, but works just wrong for a soulless instrument, turning him into a robocop copy.

Last edited:
Agree.

The only thing I think it needs added is that jaw piston.

63712_10151123439582344_1910771165_n.jpg

Honestly, its getting bought whether they improve the BD accuracy or not.

I'm just not sure that they will make any changes unless people talk about it and tell them - I don't see why they would have made it innaccurate in the first place unless it was a deliberate choice on their part. The film is over 20 years old with plentiful referance available so theres really no excuse for getting things wrong 'by mistake'. Not talking about 'likeness' to the actor, thats always going to vary from sculptor to sculptor (and here its pretty damn good IMO), but the details and shape of the BD frankly should be easy to mimic from the film - unless you deliberately choose not to.

If they decide to stick to what they've done, OK, I know I'm still buying it. However it can't hurt to tell them you'd rather see it done more accurately.

p.s. again after watching that scene i felt that strong pity for the broken robot. hell it just wasn't right to make him a pitiful character. it fit robocop who had brains and personality, but works just wrong for a soulless instrument, turning him into a robocop copy.

RE: the BD arm

I've always known it changes in just about every shot so I'm happy with what HT have done on the arm, I think it looks great as is and wouldn't have them change that.

RE: broken robot

The way I see it is this just shows the superiority of the T-1000. That he can batter the once seemingly unstoppable T-800. It may not be something you 'want' to see if you want to preserve your idea of the invincibility of the T-800 but I don't think theres anything wrong with what T2 did.

not invincibility. you know, the baseball bat is not invincible, but when you see it crawling in pain, trying to save the master... it feels wrong about the bat image.
too much sad music, camera angles full of pity, so on :)
imagine pitiful zerg hydralisk?

Honestly, its getting bought whether they improve the BD accuracy or not.

I'm just not sure that they will make any changes unless people talk about it and tell them - I don't see why they would have made it innaccurate in the first place unless it was a deliberate choice on their part. The film is over 20 years old with plentiful referance available so theres really no excuse for getting things wrong 'by mistake'. Not talking about 'likeness' to the actor, thats always going to vary from sculptor to sculptor (and here its pretty damn good IMO), but the details and shape of the BD frankly should be easy to mimic from the film - unless you deliberately choose not to.

If they decide to stick to what they've done, OK, I know I'm still buying it. However it can't hurt to tell them you'd rather see it done more accurately.

I was repainting my 12" NECA BD last night so I'm a bit familiar with the details again and realize now looking at the HT, there is too much skin showing to the right of his nose, there should be more Endo showing, but like you, not a deal breaker. I do think these sculpts show that HT only goes so far with accurracy and love for the source, where NECA often really shows a clear love and appreciation for the source. It can't be a skill challenge for HT because, and this is meant as no disrespect to NECA sculptors, but NECA got it right in the same scale so it's not like the heads are too small to do it, if no one could, I'd understand, but it has been done.

not invincibility. you know, the baseball bat is not invincible, but when you see it crawling in pain, trying to save the master... it feels wrong about the bat image.
too much sad music, camera angles full of pity, so on :)
imagine pitiful zerg hydralisk?

Its another one of those parallels with T1. You feel fear and pity for Kyle Reese facing down the T-800 with just an iron bar, you know he hasn't got a chance with that. Likewise here, T-800 just keeps taking on more and more damage while the T-1000 remains unhindered and immaculate.

As I said, if its a matter of what you prefer to see, no argument of mine will sway you. I'm just saying that technically T2 did nothing wrong by the T-800 and its portrayal. In fact I think Cameron did brilliantly to bring about those emotional responses in the viewer like fear and pity.

Last edited:
That's why it's good that they cut out most of the shots of T-1000 breaking down, if you knew he wasn't working right, you'd feel less concern about the heroes winning and the T-800 would seem like a wimp for losing. I think the face punch morphing into hands was critical for this, how do you stop something that can not only repair in moments from bullets, but changer it's shape at any time to avoid your attack.

I personally loved seeing the T-800 getting all jacked up. In T1 we have a greater sense of danger as Reese is just human and can be killed so easily. It makes the audience more concerned and tense over if the heroes will prevail.

In T2 we see Arnie getting shot up over and over again and it feels less tense as Arnie is a machine and is unphased by most of the damage he takes. We just accept that he's pretty much invulnerable.

Then at the end the T-1000 just wrecks the T-800 and we get that sense of danger and tension as we realize just how vulnerable the T-800 is against the superior T-1000. All of sudden we are worried that the heroes aren't going to make it. I like that sense of danger.

That's why it's good that they cut out most of the shots of T-1000 breaking down, if you knew he wasn't working right, you'd feel less concern about the heroes winning and the T-800 would seem like a wimp for losing. I think the face punch morphing into hands was critical for this, how do you stop something that can not only repair in moments from bullets, but changer it's shape at any time to avoid your attack.

It was a good choice to cut those scenes to increase the sense of danger, but I'm glad they were restored because they are really cool moments. I'd say the theatrical version is a must for the first time viewer, then special edition thereafter. Of course, that's probably the order most of us saw it anyway.

I don't know that that sort of thing was going to be of help in destroying the T-1000, only in identifying him.

It was a real stroke of luck that they wound up at the steel mill which had a convenient swimming pool of molten steel that could dissolve him. Unlucky at first in the way it threw up scenarios in which the T-800 could start losing body parts but lucky in the end.

Back