Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well they've actually done it on the full BD head and the knee aswell. The knee I don't mind too much as they needed to work in articulation and you could probably hide the excess flesh damage with the trousers.

I know it's everywhere, I just meant the most glaring spot is the chest, there's hardly any Endo showing, but if a spot of damage had to be that off, I can live with the chest, if the faces or even arm were that off, it'd ruin te whole figure.

I know it's everywhere, I just meant the most glaring spot is the chest, there's hardly any Endo showing, but if a spot of damage had to be that off, I can live with the chest, if the faces or even arm were that off, it'd ruin te whole figure.

I hope the Full BD head gets some changes for greater accuracy but other than that I don't really mind the artistic license elsewhere. The figure overall just looks so cool its hard to be truly miffed about these things. Its mainly puzzlement from me as to why HT doesn't just copy the film straight like everyone else does and why they choose to risk a reaction from some quarters who insist on total accuracy. Given the choice I'd pick total accuracy myself - not insofar as making the BD look like a prosthetic addition but in getting the torn flesh the right shape and the right areas of endoskeleton exposed.

Last edited:
a-dev
you know anyway that you're wrong about any attempt to see any detail, even though you add "i personally" into every sentence, right? :D

The damage on the head, chest, arm and leg look better than the actual movie. I love the gore, the meat and the exposed endo parts.

I don't mind at all if it doesn't match up to the film exactly. With this, it's like there's actually a 1/6 endo skeleton in an organic body, not applied prosthetics.

As for the accuracy of the damage, like a little piece missing above the brow here, or an added piece there, I don't even care. I wouldn't notice unless I was comparing them to screen grabs.

Its mainly puzzlement from me as to why HT doesn't just copy the film straight like everyone else does and why they choose to risk a reaction from some quarters who insist on total accuracy.
tumblr_lstfclEo201r3h55no1_500.png

For me, I don't care if shapes are the exact size and pattern, but I care that the overall look reminds me of the film image I grew to love. This is why I loved Sideshow's 1:2 scale BD bust over the 1:1, the small one was closer to film where the big one went too far for me with the IDE of what if all this muscle and stuff were there, yeah it's neat, but the visual Inlike is more or less flesh torn away with just a hint of blood and muscle with the Endo beneath. The portraits are ok in this way, but the chest is a bit too far off for me, but again, it can be looked past because it's less signicant a spot on him than the others.

>>>that.
it's cool here not to see or care. you're obsolete.

I get the impression you think one has to be one or the other - seeing innaccuracy and caring or not seeing and not caring.

What can I say, I'm in the middle somewhere. Sometimes I see and I care only a little. Sometimes I see and I care quite a lot (such as the squashed face-Arnie sculpts that are hopefully a thing of the past) Sometimes I don't really see and thus don't really care. :dunno

Whatever the case may be for me though I don't agree that anyone should be silenced. Everyone cares to varying degrees about different things, thats just how it is. I wouldn't dismiss one person's views unless I was happy for them to dismiss mine, which I'm not.

For me, I don't care if shapes are the exact size and pattern, but I care that the overall look reminds me of the film image I grew to love.
i do not know why you and plenty of other people always draw a border between "care" and "like".
i care for all those details and at the same time this figure made me wait for it and buy the undamaged versions to match them, while i never liked T2 before i was promised that it will stand on my shelves and look good.

The portraits are ok in this way, but the chest is a bit too far off for me, but again, it can be looked past because it's less signicant a spot on him than the others.
i'll either try to cover the chest with his jacket (to hide too thick meat) or pretend that it was meant to be that way and only lame T2 prostetics didn't allow to do that :)
(yes, i think T2 makeup was rather cheap and awful compared to T1, you may burn me)

anyway. a HUGE approvement since the T4 Marcus "battle damaged" battle damages.
imagine the T1 made in 2 years more :)
(BTW he was the first to have his knee without flesh, it is just too difficult to notice. i wonder if HT finds that out. if it doesn't, and extra T2 BD leg will fit :))

p.s. buying several of this figure makes several spare BD heads. with batteries inside them, i guess. that's a nice accessory for the office table :D i already have konami alien, kotobukiya robocain and a tylerdurdem P1 helmet there. T2 heads will join them :)

Last edited:
Obsolete? What the?

:lol

I get the impression you think one has to be one or the other - seeing innaccuracy and caring or not seeing and not caring.

What can I say, I'm in the middle somewhere. Sometimes I see and I care only a little. Sometimes I see and I care quite a lot (such as the squashed face-Arnie sculpts that are hopefully a thing of the past) Sometimes I don't really see and thus don't really care. :dunno

Whatever the case may be for me though I don't agree that anyone should be silenced. Everyone cares to varying degrees about different things, thats just how it is.

This. All this.

And I see what Maulfan means about the thickness of the chest. It's a little too much. Thankfully though, the bandolier should cover it a bit and it shouldn't be that noticeable overall.

There will probably be differences from figure to figure as well. I.e. maybe the shirt hole will be a little larger or not as much blood will be painted on the gory bits which will make the chrome endo abdomen stand out.

Last edited:
And I see what Maulfan means about the thickness of the chest. It's a little too much.
Maulfan?
metal/flesh bonds are cool and gore.
though i think that chest flesh layer cannot be that fat.
but maybe that was meant to be a bodybuilder's muscle, in that case it's rather realistic.
when i point out some easily avoidable errors, it's "nitpicking", and when others do, it's "ooooh i see" :D

There will probably be a difference from figure to figure as well. I.e. maybe the shirt hole will be a little larger or not as much blood will be painted on the gory bits.
my advice is to use a varnish/blood-paint mix to glue clothes to wounds, making a drying blood effect. it'll allow to cover whatever you need. well, if you need.

Yes, Maulfan. That seemed to be his main gripe in a couple of posts and I just mentioned how it see it too.

Demeanor is everything. I tend to view your posts as rude and patronizing so naturally I gloss over the things we may agree on.

Demeanor is everything.
understood )
glad i appreciate the world of things, not words. gives both problems and advantages.
I tend to view your posts as rude and patronizing so naturally I gloss over the things we may agree on.
you wouldn't believe that they are never ment to be that way, as well as almost nobody does, but it's ok )

Last edited:
I think this figure is looking very good and I'm confident that HT will make the necessary tweaks to really make this an epic figure.

Whether or not I'm willing to drop $300+ on this thing is yet to be determined.

I think this figure is looking very good and I'm confident that HT will make the necessary tweaks to really make this an epic figure.

Whether or not I'm willing to drop $300+ on this thing is yet to be determined.

What would you consider to be necessary tweaks?

It was a generalization, as I personally think the figure is just fine as shown. What I was trying to convey is that I would assume HT will do whatever they feel is necessary to make this figure "better", to satisfy the masses, when it is released. Just like with the DX10, the HS was changed which made it better than the proto pics and displayed figure at the cons.

Back