Hot Toys DX46: Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T-800 (Battle Damaged Version 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad this one comes with everything PLUS the gas gun.

Also, the moving eyes should be a lot of fun...

"I have detailed files..."

View attachment 725381
Love that pic! Very much Arnie. Definitely a new sculpt
They are overdoing it with the skin texture and spotting for the skin lately. I know it super zoom, but still...
The proto needs to be that detailed/hi-res in the skin texture b/c it'll get soften up in production.

I'm glad this one comes with everything PLUS the gas gun.

Also, the moving eyes should be a lot of fun...

"I have detailed files..."

View attachment 725381
I think the forehead (or rather the entire upper head, hair included) is too wide and the line from his cheeks to his jaw corners a bit too sloped. Gives his face a boyish, tapered, upside-down triangle look when it should be more rectangular.

Couldn't resist another Arnold edit. A few changes here and there, mainly the cranium resize, but I also made the eyes a touch squintier and brought the lip up ever so slightly.

ht-t2-gif.gif

I think the forehead (or rather the entire upper head, hair included) is too wide and the line from his cheeks to his jaw corners a bit too sloped. Gives his face a boyish, tapered, upside-down triangle look when it should be more rectangular.

Couldn't resist another Arnold edit. A few changes here and there, mainly the cranium resize, but I also made the eyes a touch squintier and brought the lip up ever so slightly.

ht-t2-gif.gif

You might be right. And DX13 was the same. They do a reasonable job on his features, thereby making him recognizable, but they consistently get the general shape of his face and head wrong.

Last edited:

ht-t2-gif.gif

It depends on the shot, this shot of the figure looks in line with your edit of the photo above.
3a.jpg

This will likely stay as the best option for a T@ figure ever made as no one else seems to either want to do one or maybe they are being cuck-holded with licensing issues. Either way, this is as best as we are going to get.

HT simply did not and does not have any incentive to update this at all, and the fact that they did is simply amazing. There is zero competition out there.

iLl wAiT FoR InArT

I have the Present Toys figure but will double dip and get the Hot Toys too.

HT Arnold will be in an action pose with gun, his left arm intact and slightly less damaged head sculpt.

Keep my PT Arnold in the “I know now why you cry” hug with John Conner (“Resistance Leader” 3rd party figure), left arm torn and more battled damaged head sculpt.

They got rid of the silicone arm that they had on display. unless if it's what being used under the jacket? But then why hide it and use silicone if it's not seen. A clean version with it is definitely coming if it isn't here. Will wait for that.

LXXvW7H.png

d2_4Dj.gif
I agree. I was sort of surprised they didn’t highlight it in their images and/or specs so I assume it’s no longer coming with the figure. I’m still hopeful that you pop out the whole arm from the shoulder socket rather than trying to wrangle with the elbow joint like the DX13.

Last edited:
Looks great!

I love my DX13 too... but the "pleather" can/will degrade and crack and peel. This feels like a worthy update.
Pleather degradation seems to be so dependent on the environment. My only Arnold Terminator figure is the original MS-117 T2 clean version which has got to be 12 or 13 years old by now. After I saw this was up for order I gave mine a thorough inspection and its pleather still looks immaculate, not even a hint of cracking or peeling.
Also, I agree this looks like it's worth getting. If compatible I could even see taking the less BD head and putting it on my MS-117.

I'm kinda amazed at the price of this. With the new diorama base and leather outfit I figured this would be at least $380.

Makes it a lot harder to resist doing an upgrade...

ht-t2-gif.gif

7012f91c-e25f-4cfc-adbf-30b9ba166b42_text.gif

I agree. I was sort of surprised they didn’t highlight it in their images and/or specs so I assume it’s no longer coming with the figure. I’m still hopeful that you pop out the whole arm from the shoulder socket tighter than trying to wrangle with the elbow joint like the DX13.
I'm guessing we'll see a 2.0 akin to the original MMS117 but with silicone arms and full leather outfit. Swap out silicone arm that has the endo hand exposed. Rose box shotgun and all. They can even reuse this new sculpt but just patch up the damage bits and slap sunglasses on it.

ucvZ98u.png

Pleather degradation seems to be so dependent on the environment. My only Arnold Terminator figure is the original MS-117 T2 clean version which has got to be 12 or 13 years old by now. After I saw this was up for order I gave mine a thorough inspection and its pleather still looks immaculate, not even a hint of cracking or peeling.
Also, I agree this looks like it's worth getting. If compatible I could even see taking the less BD head and putting it on my MS-117.
I think I read on Reddit and the dx13 thread that it’s vinyl and not pleather, on the dx13, but I’m no expert

I'm guessing we'll see a 2.0 akin to the original MMS117 but with silicone arms and full leather outfit. Swap out silicone arm that has the endo hand exposed. Rose box shotgun and all. They can even reuse this new sculpt but just patch up the damage bits and slap sunglasses on it.

ucvZ98u.png
I don't think they should reuse this sculpt as the base for the next clean figure because ultimately I suspect Rotfish is correct and they've once again shaped his face & head wrong BUT I also think franpincho is right - what we've seen today is what we're getting. Hot Toys will be happy with this as is and will not change it. Might aswell accept it, buy or not buy. I'll probably buy. One. I'm not playing the multiples game anymore.

ht-t2-gif.gif
You even used the font as well - nice.

Back