Hot Toys - Iron Man 2 - 1/6th scale Black Widow Collectible Figure (Artisan Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F2D24788-FC9D-4BD8-B655-A6E955454295.gif

Yeah dunno that sculpt is off.... hair looks off too should be more curly at the top.
Off??? It looks exactly like ScarJo.

Is this the first "Artisan only" by Hot Toys?
It's the second. ROTS Anakin is the first.

No, Wonder Woman and Anakin is also "artisan only" but yeah there aren't much.
If you're referring to the WB100 WW, that wasn't an Artisan. It just had the new wool hair. It didn't have moveable eyes, and the sculpt wasn't exact like the Artisans. Also it wasn't labeled as one either.

The sculpt is actually reminding me of the girl in Iron Man 3 who was working with Aldrich Killian, more than Scar Jo.
?? It looks exactly like ScarJo though.

Put Artisan label and moveable eyes, charge $400 more on a figure they had done before.
I think there's a leeeetle bit more to it than just moveables eyes if you've seen pictures posted.

If not they really should, there are far superior Widow sculpts out there. I can't believe I thought any of the HT were good
I think he was asking if they hired a freelance sculptor, because it looks like they did. This sculpt looks even better than a lot of the customs out there.

The rooted hair looks pretty inaccurate to my eye on this. Not well done by any stretch of the imagination.

(Disclaimer: Generally not a rooted hair fan here, so there's bias)

Sculpt is passable.
Passable??? I can see fans wanting to take selfies with this and ask for her autograph. LOL

They probably have scaled zippers, but regardless the point im making is artisin pricing is supposed to be because everything is as realistic as possible. Im just saying the figure looks like a standard issue aside from the better paint app
and better sculpt, rooted wool hair, moveable eyes, maybe better clothing materials.

Which one do you think will sell out first. The regular or the iron man accessory version?

Joker had an edition size of 3,000 units and he lasted for a long time on sideshow when he dropped last week. So hopefully Black Widow last long enough for everyone to get who wants her.

If I find myself significantly outside the 6000 range when in queue, I won't bother. Lol!

Does anyone else get confused with Sideshow and Hot Toys releasing so many variations of the new Hot Toys figures? Looking at the Iron Man they just released it is wild that they have 4 versions.
Screen Shot 2024-07-29 at 10.38.09 AM.png

I think there's a leeeetle bit more to it than just moveables eyes if you've seen pictures posted.

A leeeetle better paint? I don't see a substantial improvement with the dozen other versions they have done before. And rooted hair, they have already been doing it with many female characters. If i am not mistaken, Black Widow has the most versions done for a female character by Hot Toys, if not, one of the most.

If I find myself significantly outside the 6000 range when in queue, I won't bother. Lol!
Never trust the number you get; from my experience it's not accurate and I've had ridiculously high numbers that would move very quickly and was able to purchase the figure. This line should move fast so you'll know within a half hour whether you won the sweepstakes or not.

Back