Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm upset at the reasons people are upset about in this hobby.

I'm upset that freaks are getting upset just to find something to get upset about. Man I'm upset...

Have the original and Will keep it to stick in the hall of armour, and will buy the new one to display on its own glory. The only happy camper not to complain and keep both

Have the original and Will keep it to stick in the hall of armour, and will buy the new one to display on its own glory. The only happy camper not to complain and keep both

golf-clap.gif

Not the only one.

A hobby is something that you do for recreation and enjoyment. It shouldn't be a business venture or centralized on money. If you buy just to flip, or are a customer of flippers, than you aren't truly appreciative of this hobby.

Customer of flippers may seem like victims b/c they pay outrageous prices, but I think they are actually enablers. By allow doing business with scammers they promote the idea that 1/6 sixth collecting is a money game. I actually support hot toys' decision to remake their figures. It was similar to the comic book community in the early nineties/late eighties. People were calling comic books are better investment than the stock market b/c they rose in value so rapidly. But publishers saturated the market with tons and tons of comics and the collector value shot down.

So hot toys is making the right move. Do you blame Apple for releasing a new iphone every year? A company should innovate and evolve. Saturate the market with better and improved 1/6 collectibles. Make this a hobby for movie/video game/comic book fans. Produce enough so that your customers only have to pay retail. Move this hobby away from asian flippers or mint in box value hoarders. (I don't have anything against asians or mint in box collectors in general, it is just that the vast majority of flippers come from this background)

came to the party too late for the first one, cant wait to see the new improved version

Do you blame Apple for releasing a new iphone every year?

I actually do. And the comparison is great. As a collector why buying the Mark I 1.0 if I know almost for sure that the Mark I 2.0 HT will release two years after will be a far better product ?

I'm not talking about collectible value at all but the fact that HT seems to have a plan to relaunch almost every figure of their Batman and Iron Man lines will clearly make me think twice about getting first release figures from TDKR, Avengers and IM3.

And it's the first time this kind of thought crosses my mind.

I actually do. And the comparison is great. As a collector why buying the Mark I 1.0 if I know almost for sure that the Mark I 2.0 HT will release two years after will be a far better product ?
I'm not talking about collectible value at all but the fact that HT seems to have a plan to relaunch almost every figure of their Batman and Iron Man lines will clearly make me think twice about getting figures from their first release.

And it's the first time this knid of thought crosses my mind.

No one really know at that time hot toys is doing re-release until recently...You chose what to buy, who is there to blame if they re-release:wink1:

yeah, i would like to pick up a ht spiderman but something tell me he will be rereleased later with a parker sculpt and less muscular arms.

I'm not talking about collectible value at all but the fact that HT seems to have a plan to relaunch almost every figure of their Batman and Iron Man lines will clearly make me think twice about getting figures from their first release.

And it's the first time this knid of thought crosses my mind.

Because you get 2 years of enjoyment out of having the figure before the re-issue? :dunno

If you would rather have nothing for 2 years because you suspect there will be a better version on the horizon, then that's your prerogative.

The more reasonable POV would be that if you think a newly released figure looks fantastic, then get it. Enjoy it for 2 years. IF they make a new one, and it's even better, you can re-evaluate your ownership and either sell the old one (most likely at a profit--maybe not a huge profit--but you'll at least break even), or come to terms with the fact that the one you have is still pretty darn swell and therefore do not need the upgrade.

If you think a newly released figure is lacking in any way, whether it's the headsculpt, the accessories, the price, etc., then pass on it, and cross your fingers that HT will revisit the figure in another 2 years and fix all the qualities you found lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back