Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more we clamour for a new Mark III the more likely it'll get made. Please HT!!!

I'm not a betting man but I think it's quite safe to say where going to get a new MK III. It's my favourite suit, so hope HT does go back & make it right like the MK II AU.

And a new RDJ sculpt, although the Mark 4/6 sculpt is near perfect. If those Enterbay rumours are true, I'd kill to see YJ Park's take.

This MK I might be a DX and yes a new MK III is guaranteed to go along with Iron Monger- I HOPE!

Given the relationship HT and Sideshow have with Marvel, I would be really surprised if Enterbay got a Marvel movie license to potentially compete with that other stuff. But, not out of the realm of possibility. It happened with a Sideshow/HT license in T2, after all.

Yeah, I guess it would make sense if HT decides to remake Mark I again, rather than letting EB filling the gap of the demand for Mark I if the rumors are true.

I've heard whispers of Enterbay having the Marvel licence, with Iron Man being their next HD masterpiece. People like Gully Foyle and Wai 'breakersrevenge' Man would know.

1. i own the MK1
2. i paid $180 for it
3. i was happy to see the value go up but never once thought of selling mine
4. i am happy for those that missed out on it and now have another shot

that is all

I missed out on the Mark I. Unfortunately I don't have the space or the money to be a completist. I bought the Mark III, then the Mark III BD and the the Mark IV. The Mark IV is my favorite but the Mark I looks so cool and knowing the head sculpt will be improved, I think I will have to pick it up this time :D

I don't get why people keep saying "if you're in this hobby for the money, you're in it for the wrong reason"; there are some folks out there who paid an arm and leg for the Mark I to either have it or complete their IM collection. Then HT announces a remake of it that's even better. So loving IM, they would of course want the newer one, but now can't get the money they shelled out for the Mark I original back. That's a big loss!

I don't get why people keep saying "if you're in this hobby for the money, you're in it for the wrong reason"; there are some folks out there who paid an arm and leg for the Mark I to either have it or complete their IM collection. Then HT announces a remake of it that's even better. So loving IM, they would of course want the newer one, but now can't get the money they shelled out for the Mark I original back. That's a big loss!

Those people aren't in it for the money--and if they actually like the figure they should still be happy.

But the people that were wanting to sell theirs for outrageous prices deserve the loss.

Those people aren't in it for the money--and if they actually like the figure they should still be happy.

But the people that were wanting to sell theirs for outrageous prices deserve the loss.

Yea but even liking the figure, it's a pisser to know that an even better one is coming out and that they can't get their money back. They can use that money to buy the newer one; economy sucks these days so getting money to keep buying HT is not easy! :slap

When buying my Mark 1 I kinda knew Hot Toys would release another down the road, I still bought and I still look forward to the updated version. I am sure I am not the only one who was thinking a re-release was gonna happen.

Yea but even liking the figure, it's a pisser to know that an even better one is coming out and that they can't get their money back. They can use that money to buy the newer one; economy sucks these days so getting money to keep buying HT is not easy! :slap

Anyone who can afford to pay over $500 for an action figure can afford to cop the 'loss'. I don't get the mentality of some collectors, that somehow each and every figure has to retain its value or better. People don't expect this from the TV they bought last year that is worth half its value now, or their first gen iPhone, or their iPad or even the last car they bought. All of these things are superseded at some point. Why people feel entitled to ever-increasing rates of return on their dollies is beyond me. And I'm speaking as someone who forked out over $400 for OC Bats a year ago. If people are worried about not 'getting their money back' they probably shouldn't have forked out for it in the first place.

Anyone who can afford to pay over $500 for an action figure can afford to cop the 'loss'. I don't get the mentality of some collectors, that somehow each and every figure has to retain its value or better. People don't expect this from the TV they bought last year that is worth half its value now, or their first gen iPhone, or their iPad or even the last car they bought. All of these things are superseded at some point. Why people feel entitled to ever-increasing rates of return on their dollies is beyond me. And I'm speaking as someone who forked out over $400 for OC Bats a year ago. If people are worried about not 'getting their money back' they probably shouldn't have forked out for it in the first place.

Simplist answer "Limited Edition Collectible"

There is no such statement on my PS3, TV or Car

:goodpost:

There is very much a mentality of labelling the people uspset being the flippers and scalpers only. Some are simply pissed off that their one-of-a-kind collectible figure is now one of two and worse off as the newer one will have better techniques applied for those who came late. Its not about money its about the newer folks getting the best while the ones who helped build hot toys get by having their collectible now the inferior version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back