Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know there us no way they'll improve upon the original packaging... The boxes for the original Mark I to III are so much better than the crap we get nowadays...

Those don't count as 'nowadays'? Doesn't seem so long ago I got my Mark III

he is talking about before hot toys started booming. now they use shoe boxes to pass off as boxes.

yeah, looks like the same exact sculpt. and bragging about it being painted by lala or some such only confirms it. if it's an all new improved sculpt then they would brag about that, and not direct our attention to some painter nobody knows about. personally, i could give a rat's ass who this lala is. ht figs always have topnotch paint app. and since this mark 1 is all silver, painting it would be a piece of cake for them, lala or no lala.

so why are they trying to shove us the painter's name all of the sudden? ht never even care to put the names of their sculptors on their promo pics, and now they want us to care about a painter? it smells fishy to me, like they're trying too hard to hype up something when there's just nothing much to hype about.

wouldnt it be funny if this v2 turns out to be the inferior one, and people actually prefer the v1 more? i know ht's track records is 100% on v2>v1, but still... what if?

Interesting point, I kinda agree with what you are saying here.

I missed out on the Mark I, the only armour I am missing. Lalla is an awesome painter. Lalla's painting can be found on OSW and the work is unbelievable. I would buy this without the 'Lalla' paints on the armour, but if Lalla paints the HS, this will be a must buy and a bonus.

he is talking about before hot toys started booming. now they use shoe boxes to pass off as boxes.

Like the Wolverine box? I think that was the first to use that format. The only other one I have that uses it is Spiderman. Still I like them, as long as they keep the visuals nice, I don't mind that simple format.

I missed out on the Mark I, the only armour I am missing. Lalla is an awesome painter. Lalla's painting can be found on OSW and the work is unbelievable. I would buy this without the 'Lalla' paints on the armour, but if Lalla paints the HS, this will be a must buy and a bonus.

JC Hong or Lalla paint doesnt really matter IMO, as the ones who will be doing the actual painting on the figs that we are getting are the Chinese workers anyways :huh

the original still looks good
IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

The headsculpt could do with a small_studios repaint. I'd love to see that.

I find it hard to believe that a creature with mitten hands will be able to paint this as well as they say, but I guess we'll see.

50281_213704384806_5452783_n.jpg

Other then the obvious new Downey sculpt I bet the other extras will be something like a Cave opening diorama of some sort and possibly some light up translucent sculpted flames that when attached to his arms can light up by an led, something similar to what they done with Ghostrider.

With all the things HT can make and have started then quit on, I would think they would be busy enough without having to go back into Iron Man ONCE AGAIN and re-release something. Like they care if there's bootlegs out there. They just want to make more money without having to work as hard. That's all this is.

I'll be curious to see how much this will be this time around. I'm sure it will be a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back