Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be expected, why redesign a figure from the ground up that people will buy anyway. This project is a gold mine for HT as it does not have any fixed development costs for creating a new figure. They are probably only going to include a new headsculpt and some obscure "value-added" items like a car battery and possibly the paged plans for the Mark 1.

They can release the same exact figure and I would still purchase it.

^^^ A very nice airbrush artist, painted a Adam head (Bale) for Void for about 20G's and is abroad along with HT.

Open yourself to new artiest Starchild, Nam is not the only one that can paint.

^^^ A very nice airbrush artist, painted a Adam head (Bale) for Void for about 20G's and is abroad along with HT.

Open yourself to new artiest Starchild, Nam is not the only one that can paint.

Existential man.

Dude_Love_Mick_Foley.jpg

I own the original but I can see why owners would have a problem i'm personally excited about it myself. me thinks Hot Toys is doing this to capitilize on the hall of armor release. i'll problly sell my original Mark I, no use having both.

Does anyone know if Hot Toys or Sideshow are regulars at the Toy Fair held in New York? If so, we could see something on this next month.

Does anyone know if Hot Toys or Sideshow are regulars at the Toy Fair held in New York? If so, we could see something on this next month.

dunno about HT, but SSC doesn't physically attend. they usually do web stuff

They used to be but have nt made a showing there in about four years now.

I had Mark I for a few months then traded him and all my Ironman collection... Mark I was with out doubt the best and best looking one made in my book... I might look into the remake when we get full specs on it...

I'm a little disappointed in that the sculpting of the armor looks pretty much the same as the original.

Torch_Vert posted these comparison pics in the Iron Monger thread, and it really showed how much room there is for improvement over the original Mk I release:

I'm not as bothered by the dull finish of the original (although the hand painted preview definitely looks shiny), but I think the welding seams and details could stand to be much finer and more delicate than the original.

I am looking forward to seeing what "new gadgets" will be featured in the re-release. I'm sure it will include a new headsculpt.
yeah, looks like the same exact sculpt. and bragging about it being painted by lala or some such only confirms it. if it's an all new improved sculpt then they would brag about that, and not direct our attention to some painter nobody knows about. personally, i could give a rat's ass who this lala is. ht figs always have topnotch paint app. and since this mark 1 is all silver, painting it would be a piece of cake for them, lala or no lala.

so why are they trying to shove us the painter's name all of the sudden? ht never even care to put the names of their sculptors on their promo pics, and now they want us to care about a painter? it smells fishy to me, like they're trying too hard to hype up something when there's just nothing much to hype about.

wouldnt it be funny if this v2 turns out to be the inferior one, and people actually prefer the v1 more? i know ht's track records is 100% on v2>v1, but still... what if?

Neither attend. Sideshow used to do their own online Toy Fair but stopped that years ago.

wouldnt it be funny if this v2 turns out to be the inferior one, and people actually prefer the v1 more? i know ht's track records is 100% on v2>v1, but still... what if?

Some preferred the OC Batman figure released in 2008 to the one that was just released in 2011. I don't think that'll be the case with this one unless there's some really bad quality control issues, though. Head sculpt will be better and he'll have more features. Even if the armor is basically the same with those additional changes, this new will be preferred by most collectors

You know there us no way they'll improve upon the original packaging... The boxes for the original Mark I to III are so much better than the crap we get nowadays...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back