Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
first, i hate re-releases. there. and no, i dont buy to invest. already opened my mark I for display.

so, here's my dilemma that i'm sure many here share. i need cash to fund other things so... do i sell my original mark I now while the selling price is still high, then buy the rerelease, with some cash to spare?

or do i wait for the promo pics of the rerelease to be absolutely sure that it is a better version? but by then, the original mark I will most surely have dropped in price.

i dont know... the ori mark I is good as is imo. has there ever been a case with ht where the rerelease is inferior than ori?

wouldnt it be funny if we sell our ori mark I now, then ht decides they're canceling the reissue due to overwhelming fans' fury?

:lol

:mad:

A lot of people are of the opinion that the new 2011 Batman Begins figure doesn't look as good as the 2008 Dark Knight Original Costume Batman.

I think the general trend in their IM line is upward improvement.

The new Mark I will surely be superior. (QC issues have been spotted and we all know HT listens to their customers :lecture)

(but then again, the first edition, is the first edition :lol)

first, i hate re-releases. there. and no, i dont buy to invest. already opened my mark I for display.

so, here's my dilemma that i'm sure many here share. i need cash to fund other things so... do i sell my original mark I now while the selling price is still high, then buy the rerelease, with some cash to spare?

or do i wait for the promo pics of the rerelease to be absolutely sure that it is a better version? but by then, the original mark I will most surely have dropped in price.

i dont know... the ori mark I is good as is imo. has there ever been a case with ht where the rerelease is inferior than ori?

I think there's a case against getting too greedy. If you bought your Mk I at MSRP then you will certainly make a tidy profit even if the price falls from $700+ to, say, $500 when the re-release is out. Is the extra cash worth the stress of wondering about the unknowns to do with the re-release until you get it in-hand? Unlikely, but what if the re-release doesn't even go ahead? You'll be stuck without an awesome figure. OC Bats didn't suffer too much from a drop in after-market value, I suspect the same will apply here. Completists and others will always value the original IMO. If I was in your shoes, I'd hold onto the MK I until the new one was out :)

The new Mark I will surely be superior. (QC issues have been spotted and we all know HT listens to their customers :lecture)

?? Do they? I've been emailing them like 10 times with no proper answer on how they are gonna handle the Ironman pink panties

?? Do they? I've been emailing them like 10 times with no proper answer on how they are gonna handle the Ironman pink panties

OOps i was referring to how they change/improve prototypes and other figures in pre-production..

but you're right, they dont really do much about what's already released. They just learn from them and improve on the upcoming ones..i think :peace

A lot of people are of the opinion that the new 2011 Batman Begins figure doesn't look as good as the 2008 Dark Knight Original Costume Batman.
not what i heard. what i heard from a fellow collector who owns one is that the rubber is stronger n more flexible than the previous release. and you cant beat that bruce sculpt.

yeah with ht the trend is up. must be why i dont really care if it's the 1st edition or not, since with ht the 1st edition almost always mean the inferior edition.

I think there's a case against getting too greedy. If you bought your Mk I at MSRP then you will certainly make a tidy profit even if the price falls from $700+ to, say, $500 when the re-release is out. Is the extra cash worth the stress of wondering about the unknowns to do with the re-release until you get it in-hand? Unlikely, but what if the re-release doesn't even go ahead? You'll be stuck without an awesome figure. OC Bats didn't suffer too much from a drop in after-market value, I suspect the same will apply here. Completists and others will always value the original IMO. If I was in your shoes, I'd hold onto the MK I until the new one was out :)
dont be too greedy. beware of unknowns. ok, got it. you convinced me. i'll hold onto mine and wait. thx. :)

I think that the original version will keep its market value. the prices may drop a little but overall they will eventually even out and stay around the same price. I am not a Hot Toys collector but this is one that I have always wanted. I think that it is a must have no matter what you collect and I think people will want to own the original rather than the remake! Its like having a Picasso. you want an original! but not to that extent.

Yes and how many of them hit cancel when they seen it was not very limited?

Yes and how many of them hit cancel when they seen it was not very limited?

I did, after market value means nothing to me, the figure was not worth the $225 to me with the inevtible rubber problems, the matte colour, lack of posability, dust attraction and general false adveetising of the preview pics

I think that the original version will keep its market value. the prices may drop a little but overall they will eventually even out and stay around the same price. I am not a Hot Toys collector but this is one that I have always wanted. I think that it is a must have no matter what you collect and I think people will want to own the original rather than the remake! Its like having a Picasso. you want an original! but not to that extent.

Well, same Picasso is gonna rerelease this figure with improved skills.

Well, same Picasso is gonna rerelease this figure with improved skills.

:goodpost:

the only thing the first edition has over the new one is nostalgia factor...but this only means something if you actually owned the first one

(unless HT really screws up the new Mk I, which is highly improbable)

I am thrilled to see this news, I have been thinking of getting one but the prices were so high. I'll be grabbing one of the new ones for sure.

Last edited:
I have the original MkI. I don't display it with the helmet up and have no plans to. I am happy with the armour. So, unless the new release is just to good to pass on, I will just be content with my original.

w00t! nice :panic: missed out on this one. glad i can have one now :yess:

I will complain about this until it comes out. Then, I will buy it.

A few months later, I will complain about a newer improved Mark I.

Then, I will buy that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back