Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree with the "perfect the way it is" statement re: the HT Mk I. Besides the sculpt issue, the entire surface finish isn't right. The HT Mk I is a very dull silver, and heavily pitted/weathered looking. The actual movie suit was FAR cleaner/shinier looking. Yes, the suit was improvised, but the base materials were mostly new munitions and parts, not scrapyard junk. Witness:

ironman29.jpg

3406213142_53b6a999a6.jpg

Honestly the original HT Mk1 surface condition looks more like after the fight and crash when it's been pieced back together.

HT is bragging on the special steel like finish on the Iron Monger, could be applying a more realistic finish for the Mk I may be part of the reason for the revisit (that and raking in an *$$load of cash anyway...)

Torch_Vert posted this in the Iron Monger thread. I wouldn't have thought the differences were so obvious if I hadn't seen these comparison pics. As great as the HT Mark I is (and it IS great--I love mine), there is definitely room for improvement.

and I'm sure whatever they add to the Mark I in either changes or accessories to justify a price hike from the original will divide everyone as well in terms of justifying it amongst customers.

The figure could come with genuine pubic hair individually sewn into RDJ's ball sack and people would still whine about the price. The re-release will be well under half of current after-market value. Suck it up princesses.

The figure could come with genuine pubic hair individually sewn into RDJ's ball sack and people would still whine about the price. The re-release will be well under half of current after-market value. Suck it up princesses.

:lol:lol:lol

I have to wonder just how much HT will improve on it overall. They may just take the same Mach I and just put the new sculpt with it and add a few more accessories. I just don't see them putting a lot more money into this since it's basically just to help sell the new stands.

I have to wonder just how much HT will improve on it overall. They may just take the same Mach I and just put the new sculpt with it and add a few more accessories. I just don't see them putting a lot more money into this since it's basically just to help sell the new stands.

It'll be a new, removeable head so it can fit into the hall of armor stand as you say.

@ stshammog....I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying it won't fit with the head? HT has a pic of it in the stand. I'm at work so I can't find it right now.

I think he means that the HS will be removable so the suit can sit in the HoA and look like it's an empty suit.

They completely recreated the Mark II for the UA version. If it were a con exclusive of some kind (a la the new Batman Begins figure), I would agree with you. But being a mass release, I figure they're gonna re-do this figure entirely. As some recent pics have shown, the original version could certainly be made to look more screen accurate.

:exactly:
And like I mentioned before, as great as the current Mark I is, there is still room for improvement.

I personally can't wait to see how HT will be able to fill that "room for improvement" you're all talking about. The sculpt is obviously a weakness, as for the rest, well...like I said, oh, I really can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back