Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Tony Stark as Ironing Man from the ten second deleted scene found in the Iron Man 2 Movie. The movie-accurate Ironing Man collectible is highly detailed and specially crafted based on the image of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the movie, highlighting the newly sculpted head, white shirt, jeans, and highly detailed accessories and weapons.
The 1/6th scale Ironing Man Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Robert Downey Jr as Ironing Man in the deleted scene from Iron Man 2
- Newly developed head sculpt with real-like facial expression and shaven face
- Newly developed slim body and arms
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms
- + One (1) pair for holding iron
- + One (1) pair of fists
- LED chest light (white light, battery operated, battery included)
- Metal-like iron and realistic ironing board
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:

- White shirt with authentic bleaching

- Jeans with proprietary dying process

- One (1) pair of black dress shoes

Accessories:

-Fully realized ironing board with folding legs

-Whirlpool Washer and Dryer with movable dials

-Cordless phone

- Figure base with Ironing Man nameplate and movie logo

-Utility Room backdrop environment

Weapons:

- 1/6 scale Black & Decker Iron with adjustable dial

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

*Product shown is not final, pending licensor approval

MSRP $399.99

Day one purchase for some :lol

I checked with the seller that I bought my MK 1 from; he said he's had it for two years and bought it from a dealer who gets his stock from Sideshow. He said he could scan and send me the receipt if I wanted. He also told me that after buying the figure at retail he was satisfied with the $170 plus profit he made.

I also looked this entire tread over and after finding the Hot Toys Facebook article about the fakes I check my MK 1, and it (from what I can see) is not a fake.

I checked with the seller that I bought my MK 1 from; he said he's had it for two years and bought it from a dealer who gets his stock from Sideshow. He said he could scan and send me the receipt if I wanted. He also told me that after buying the figure at retail he was satisfied with the $170 plus profit he made.

I also looked this entire tread over and after finding the Hot Toys Facebook article about the fakes I check my MK 1, and it (from what I can see) is not a fake.

:hi5:

Good for you:)

I too missed the original MK1 and refuse to pay $600+ for it. Depending on how different the new one is, I may pick one up, but I'll definitely be watching the market and picking up an original once prices drop!

WOOOOHOOOO! Great news for those that didn't get this the first time around.

We need photos of the new version, like now...

Why are people still paying so much for these with the re-issue on the horizon? Bids still going strong around $400USD to $500USD mark.

Maybe Ebayers don't know. This thing is still a year away at least. Plus, it might be a completely different figure when it is finally released.

Why are people still paying so much for these with the re-issue on the horizon? Bids still going strong around $400USD to $500USD mark.

Because the first version will always be the first. :dunno

Also, because this is just a re-release. Not the original, in the end that will never be taken away from the collectors and from its value.

I think the first version will always command a high price. The word re-release seems so wrong tho specially since everything they have shown has something different, improved etc.

The collectors who prefer the complete range will definitely go for the 1st version and they will also buy the new Mk I.

All said, the 1st version will always be in demand to a certain extent.

Fan-Fu*kin-tastic...mo-money for HT

As long as its free of QC issues, I'm happy about the announcement.

Though I will wait on selling my mint copy of the original mk1 until I have the new one in hand. For all we know this may come with oil leaks free of charge ;)

The collectors who prefer the complete range will definitely go for the 1st version and they will also buy the new Mk I.
That...doesn't make any sense. What kind of jackass would buy both when one is simply a re-release of the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back