Hot Toys - Joker - 1/6th scale The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they cancel the previous preorders? Who knows until they do anything official. Probably trying to get the greenlight to do anything.

It's been said WB most likely lifted the $1k requirement since we are just now starting to see even 1/12 figures of Joaquin Joker from the first movie. Every statue/figure before that was $1k +

Maybe they cancel the previous preorders? Who knows until they do anything official. Probably trying to get the greenlight to do anything.
It appears they’ve unfortunately been put in a tough spot, but that’s a possibility when you’re the first to announce a character. Editing preorders to that extent will make things messy, that would make customers question to even preorder from them day of, but instead wait for it to release so we can actually know what they’re going to give us.

"Let’s see where this content will show on the page."

Uhm... I think you'll have other things to worry about Inart. Lol!

If they cancel all previous preorders I’m not sure how many people would preorder the 4-pack again when a single option is available.

They would likely sell a lot more single red suit Jokers than the money they'd lose on cancelations of the 4-pack if they just offered everyone who PO'd the deluxe the chance to convert their order to the single suit.

So if this is true then that $1k minimum was complete bs?
No. It was active when they were under an agreement/contract with WB to produce the figure under the mandate at that time. They've been working on the 4 figures since 2022/Early 2023 when they acquired the license and was probably told by WB then that it needs to have the 1k minimum. We're only now seeing that companies are open to produce figures without the mandate, hence Hot Toys and even Mafex announcing 1/12 figures for the movie.

It appears they’ve unfortunately been put in a tough spot, but that’s a possibility when you’re the first to announce a character.
Agreed. They clearly would have just done a 2 pack (Arthur & Red Suit) from the start if the mandate wasn't there to begin with. Maybe even just a single red suit version with 2 sculpts like Pennywise. They either have to now backpaddle to adjust with the lifted mandate or leave it as is.

No. It was active when they were under an agreement/contract with WB to produce the figure under the mandate at that time. They've been working on the 4 figures since 2022/Early 2023 when they acquired the license and was probably told by WB then that it needs to have the 1k minimum. We're only now seeing that companies are open to produce figures without the mandate, hence Hot Toys and even Mafex announcing 1/12 figures for the movie.
I see, it’s probably because of the sequel that they changed it.

I’ll PO if the tailoring and likeness get worked out and they throw in a second blood sculpt for $700. Other than that, I’ll wait for JND, the plus side of waiting is the sequel will be out and if it’s garbage then that’s money saved. This is the first time an actor has got to play The Joker more than once, (I don’t count Leto’s Joker because he was a side character in every film he was in) which could make us experience fatigue on his version, the abrupt laughing condition is growing old.

the plus side of waiting is the sequel will be out and if it’s garbage then that’s money saved.

My concern as well. WB left so much money on the table not taking advantage of 2019's Joker all this time, now seems like desperate to make a cash grab... which in turn makes me concerned about the sequel.

S***, if Inart really puts the single red suit for PO, I’ll go with that over HT. Wonder if Kit will have if really happens?

Ideal scenario (but logistical nightmare) would be for InArt to now put up the 3 standout figures as single releases; Fleck, Bathroom scene, and Murray Show, and keep the Hospital Clown as a bonus for and All In deluxe 4 pack, thus allowing people to select exactly what figure combinations they want.

Existing POs can be kept or cancelled and refunded to allow for new orders.

I probably wouldn’t keep my Deluxe order under those circumstances just because I’m a little more conscious of saving space and money atm- and now need to plan for a potential Gaga Harley acquisition.

I might just go InArt Bathroom scene and HT standard Joker…
Odds are that’s not happening though.

If they offered every version as a single release then they wouldn’t sell at the price they’re currently asking by being in a pack. None of those other figures would sell for $500+ not even the bathroom figure.

Back