Hot Toys - Joker - 1/6th scale The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A07CAACD-39A7-4CBE-BF21-C63F664FA616.jpeg

Agreed with how the front looks. But the strands on the side look unnatural. Guess they could have done better. Most likely they don’t want to go all out on the sculpted hair to not devalue the Artisan. It’s the same one Ledger Joker. Their overall hairwork was already better on previous long hair releases.
Yeah, they look like little green eels hanging from his head. Maybe Medusa was his mom.

Wow those accessories and tailoring are awful.

The gun, notebook, forearms, not good.

Thankfully I’d never really display the notebook or that cheap plastic cigarette. I can’t be in the minority where the majority of HT accessories stay in the tray never to be touched.

I’d go -

- Metal Jon Joker Colt
- IA clown mask & cigarette
- IA forearms / custom pegged hands
- Not sure on who’s socks & shoes
- Not sure on who’s body
- Custom red suit
- HT Artisan sculpt with touch up paint
- HT Artisan base

No single direction will provide a quality accurate collectible.

At least I’m not familiar with many if there are any. Again I’m talking about 1:6 scale only as that’s all I collect and actively search for.

The only one that comes to mind as of late is the JazzInc 1989 Batmobile due to the unwavering R&D and financial support, that is truly unprecedented for the hobby. Tons of details added after PO closed.

I’ve never seen another collectible that determined to meet the mark, most products these days deliver on just enough to get you back for the ever coming upgrade.

At least I’m not familiar with many if there are any. Again I’m talking about 1:6 scale only as that’s all I collect and actively search for.

The only one that comes to mind as of late is the JazzInc 1989 Batmobile due to the unwavering R&D and financial support, that is truly unprecedented for the hobby. Tons of details added after PO closed.

I’ve never seen another collectible that determined to meet the mark, most products these days deliver on just enough to get you back for the ever coming upgrade.
I get where you're coming from man. Just pulling your leg. I know your goals tend to be 100% accuracy as much as possible.

For me, striving for that kind of accuracy takes some of the enjoyment away as almost anything will always come up short unless you pay through the nose for it. You love it though and that's cool too.

I get where you're coming from man. Just pulling your leg. I know your goals tend to be 100% accuracy as much as possible.

For me, striving for that kind of accuracy takes some of the enjoyment away as almost anything will always come up short unless you pay through the nose for it. You love it though and that's cool too.
I like to take my time with it, not being in a rush to complete figures will always have its benefits. Time itself being the main benefit, the tech is improving considerably, the longer it takes you, the better your collectible should be, theoretically.

Slowly piecing everything together oddly sparks more joy in the hobby for myself also instead of waiting a year or two for something to release, only to have it disappoint and that’s it. Knowing eventually it’ll be up to par, until then only hold on to parts that are up to those standards you set. Leaving a less than desirable figure in the collection without any eventual hope to adjust is more disappointing than a figure’s successes on a bad figure.

I like to take my time with it, not being in a rush to complete figures will always have its benefits. Time itself being the main benefit, the tech is improving considerably, the longer it takes you, the better your collectible should be, theoretically.

Slowly piecing everything together oddly sparks more joy in the hobby for myself also instead of waiting a year or two for something to release, only to have it disappoint and that’s it. Knowing eventually it’ll be up to par, until then only hold on to parts that are up to those standards you set. Leaving a less than desirable figure in the collection without any eventual hope to adjust is more disappointing than a figure’s successes on a bad figure.
Key part right here. Not everyone's standards are the same and that's ok. No one should try to take anything away from someone else who is more than happy with a stock figure (not saying that you're doing that btw).

As mentioned in one of the other threads, you're young so you do have the added benefit of youth and time on your side to "not be in a rush" while others might have less time on their clock; so something stock that still looks good and won't take years upon years to complete has its own benefits for those collectors. We’ve lost two forum members fairly recently with what appeared to be unexpected departures so to speak. You never know when your card is going to get punched so waiting isn’t always an option if it’s a character you really want on your shelf.

That's why I'm saying it's ok to be on both sides of the table. It's cool that you like to strive for that 100% accuracy and are both happy to wait AND pay whatever price that includes, but not everyone collects that way and that's ok too :duff

EDIT: and for clarity, I'm not taking a shot at you or your collecting style. we're all different

Last edited:
My collecting “goal” is going to be truly ****ed if Mars Toys decides to skip town. :lol

I just want the main Batman movie heroes + villains in good quality. Before it was just to have each live action Batman and Joker paired together, but Mars’ teases and preorders excited me to where now I’ve gone far beyond that.

I didn’t care for the preexisting third party Riddlers and Two-Faces, but Mars is borderline Hot Toys quality.

Ever have an instance where a sequel to a movie has killed all interest in the overall franchise? Reading about how this new movie plays out has me bummed and seriously considering cancelling my order of this figure and just eating the deposit charge.

Ever have an instance where a sequel to a movie has killed all interest in the overall franchise? Reading about how this new movie plays out has me bummed and seriously considering cancelling my order of this figure and just eating the deposit charge.
Are you on a plan? When’s your next payment, able to postpone it? I’d see the film, rewatch the first, let it settle, perhaps make that first payment, then see how you feel by the time the next payment approaches. I’d personally like to see a production figure first, unless the film is truly awful.

Are you on a plan? When’s your next payment, able to postpone it? I’d see the film, rewatch the first, let it settle, perhaps make that first payment, then see how you feel by the time the next payment approaches. I’d personally like to see a production figure first, unless the film is truly awful.
I'm a plan, first payment was already made. I figured I would do what you said and see the second for myself and then decide. Just crazy how much they seemed to have dropped the ball with this sequel.

Yeh I’m absolutely in the same boat currently. Think I’ll be cancelling mine.

I just feel like it’s the wrong direction to take his Joker in. I want to see more Joker out of Phoenix, not a pairing with Harley.

This should’ve been his film to shine as the Joker with the first being Arthur. I want to see him interact with things in the altered persona, the contrast in what makes Joker tick that was absent or suppressed in his Arthur. I don’t like how he’s back and forth between this Joker and Arthur, either make the switch or just be Arthur already. The fans want Phoenix to fully embrace the character.

Back