Hot Toys - Joker - 1/6th scale The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, I still just hate the expression. He was wild during the Murray show scene - not lobotomized. I passed, but a good, expressive sculpt would’ve made me cave-in and order one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dynamic-lighting-after-Arthurs-reveal.jpg

View attachment 717873

a9acd5d303047ff6e9ef62c2a1d3f739f784663e.gifv

314a7ea00afca3783fb003dc97bac8958582cc74.gifv

91adf5b44557461c5d0432b33d457713ea496fa8.gifv

6d069cf71dc56acb4353161806628afc.gif

Look, I get that it looks like Joaquin Phoenix. It’s good sculpt… but it looks like him while they’re applying his makeup backstage before shooting.

The only reason this movie is so highly regarded is due to Joaquin’s performance, and with a $400+ collectible, you want this? No emotion whatsoever? I don’t understand. It looks like Joaquin, but absolutely nothing like Joaquin as The Joker. No teary-eyed scowl before he emerges from the curtains onto the stage. No sculpt with his eyes closed for stair dance poses with a magnetic cigarette for his mouth. No smile. Nothing at all. Is this genuinely ideal? Is this going to capture the character in your displays?

BB1qu1hP.img

InArt is already giving us a boring stare. Why not something interesting that suits the character?

Wile i agree on most points, i still do see emotion in this last picture.
Screenshot_20240803_101824_Samsung Internet.jpg

And playing with the rolling eyes will create different emotions at least. Sure a smiling headsculpt would be freakin awesome but you cant have it all. At the momment i got a blood splatter headsculpt from the momment after he shot Murray. Pretty amazing piece but moving eyes is a game changer for poses. I simply just want it.
20240302_083724.jpg

Not sure what to do with him yet might sell it or keep both.

Last edited:
Man, I still just hate the expression. He was wild during the Murray show scene - not lobotomized. I passed, but a good, expressive sculpt would’ve made me cave-in and order one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dynamic-lighting-after-Arthurs-reveal.jpg

View attachment 717873

a9acd5d303047ff6e9ef62c2a1d3f739f784663e.gifv

314a7ea00afca3783fb003dc97bac8958582cc74.gifv

91adf5b44557461c5d0432b33d457713ea496fa8.gifv

6d069cf71dc56acb4353161806628afc.gif

Look, I get that it looks like Joaquin Phoenix. It’s good sculpt… but it looks like him while they’re applying his makeup backstage before shooting.

The only reason this movie is so highly regarded is due to Joaquin’s performance, and with a $400+ collectible, you want this? No emotion whatsoever? I don’t understand. It looks like Joaquin, but absolutely nothing like Joaquin as The Joker. No teary-eyed scowl before he emerges from the curtains onto the stage. No sculpt with his eyes closed for stair dance poses with a magnetic cigarette for his mouth. No smile. Nothing at all. Is this genuinely ideal? Is this going to capture the character in your displays?

BB1qu1hP.img

InArt is already giving us a boring stare. Why not something interesting that suits the character?

This is just the first HT Phoenix Joker. They'll make more, either from the first or the second film. He wears the same costume in both films, so either we get a 2.0 down the line, or one with a different costume...or both.

The stairs diorama is such an obvious choice, so they're probably saving that for another version. Hopefully, the next version has the blue tear drop from the subway sequence or the blood smile.

HT doesn't always get the hair right on figures, but they did a great job sculpting the hair this time. It looks perfect, imo.

View attachment 718081View attachment 718082
Agreed with how the front looks. But the strands on the side look unnatural. Guess they could have done better. Most likely they don’t want to go all out on the sculpted hair to not devalue the Artisan. It’s the same one Ledger Joker. Their overall hairwork was already better on previous long hair releases.

Sculpted hair version looks better imo. I hope they improve the artisan version.

Sculpted looks really good.

One thing I do like about them having both options sometimes when it comes to these artisan releases is that you can order the “limited” rooted artisan version and pick up the sculpted hair one parted out later; so, you have a backup in case something happens to the wool hair overtime. It’s what I intend to do with the artisans I have on order as they get released

One thing I do like about them having both options sometimes when it comes to these artisan releases is that you can order the “limited” rooted artisan version and pick up the sculpted hair one parted out later; so, you have a backup in case something happens to the wool hair overtime. It’s what I intend to do with the artisans I have on order as they get released
That’s a really good idea. If someone were to part out the artisan head sculpt it would cost a lot more than the sculpted version too.

Wow, those Artisan figures are so realistic, they go bald over time. The JND version will get fat too. :lol

sculpted looks great form certain angles (same with rooted) but it’s also giving off the spaghetti effect in others.

Back