Hot Toys - Joker - 1/6th scale The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 6 hours and 40 minutes to sell 4,000 units.

Is that good?

I think its great. Hot Toys gets their sales and Id like to think anyone who really wanted this got it. Thats how these things should go.

I think we all gave them a pass with the small ES numbers at the beginning because we thought the rooted hair would be a big factor in production, but they've been pumping these rooted figures out like no other, so I don't really think thats an issue. They were just trying to use FOMO to make some money. Hopefully thats the end of that for Artisan.

My shipped order would have been north of $15k. I have 10 vehicles to display. 600 figures.
My order was originally looking to be $1k for shipping, wasn’t doing that so they allowed me to alter my order. Shipping was still almost $700 USD, thankfully the amount I previously paid covered the bulk.

Ten Vehicles? Six hundred figures? You’re crazy dude. :google I’d feel like I’d be waking up everyday to another 2.0 of something I own with a collection like that, do you keep your boxes? Do you have a photo of this? I have to pump the brakes before I get to twenty figures.

My order was originally looking to be $1k for shipping, wasn’t doing that so they allowed me to alter my order. Shipping was still almost $700 USD, thankfully the amount I previously paid covered the bulk.

Ten Vehicles? Six hundred figures? You’re crazy dude. :google I’d feel like I’d be waking up everyday to another 2.0 of something I own with a collection like that, do you keep your boxes? Do you have a photo of this? I have to pump the brakes before I get to twenty figures.
Yes the aluminum gets heavy quick and it’s long, so those are two strikes against cheaper overseas shipping.

I’ve been collecting for 14 years, it’s not like running out and buying it all at once. I’ll take a snap when I get the lights finished over this weekend. It’s proved to be a bit of a routing strategy to hook around corners for proper coverage.

I do keep all my boxes, have an unfinished room in the home I keep everything. My old display was only able to show about 1/2 the collection so they were a requirement to keep the collection safe and dust free.

@hokietwo is living the dream.
More like a second job, keeping up with it, lol.

I’ve been collecting since 2017, but I’m Batman focused so most of what I buy replaces the previous version or is custom work. Out of the franchise I can only say I enjoy 89, some of Returns, Begins, TDK, and some of Joker. That’s admittedly not a lot to collect from, but is easier to keep track of and has a flow to it.

I and others I’m sure, would like to see your collection and what you’ve done with the space. I’m always intrigued by how a collection room is done. It gets boring seeing a figure release, then everyone posts photos of it, then.. nothing. Show collection pics!
I want to see how everything flows.

Yeah I love collection pics. I can sit and stare at peoples collections for what feels like hours :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Even last night I went on OSR and looked up "collection" to scroll through.

Is there a thread here where people post their collections?
I believe there’s a SW thread, even so, we need a fresh 2024 collection thread. There’s years of crowded detolf photos in those. I think a lot of people have been focusing on their displays as of late and I’d like everyone to share theirs, always a good viewing, photos are better than YT videos.

Here’s my current 6 scale collection lol.

IMG_5314.jpeg

Would love to see your collection with how dedicated you are to having your joker figures as accurate as possible, I don't have the budget to ever be able to try that 😂
It’s a never ending process, but I enjoy it honestly. I’m perfectly fine with never feeling like it’s completed. I seem to be receiving a good bit of the collection this fall along with the Moducases so I don’t mind, going to deep clean and get some fresh paint on the walls in prep. Tumbler and Batpod are sitting new in my spare closet awaiting the day. Can’t wait for the Yunsil Nicholson suit in particular.

Man, I still just hate the expression. He was wild during the Murray show scene - not lobotomized. I passed, but a good, expressive sculpt would’ve made me cave-in and order one.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dynamic-lighting-after-Arthurs-reveal.jpg

BBB91A79-374D-44E3-B9F5-7D133E66E503.jpeg

a9acd5d303047ff6e9ef62c2a1d3f739f784663e.gifv

314a7ea00afca3783fb003dc97bac8958582cc74.gifv

91adf5b44557461c5d0432b33d457713ea496fa8.gifv

6d069cf71dc56acb4353161806628afc.gif

Look, I get that it looks like Joaquin Phoenix. It’s good sculpt… but it looks like him while they’re applying his makeup backstage before shooting.

The only reason this movie is so highly regarded is due to Joaquin’s performance, and with a $400+ collectible, you want this? No emotion whatsoever? I don’t understand. It looks like Joaquin, but absolutely nothing like Joaquin as The Joker. No teary-eyed scowl before he emerges from the curtains onto the stage. No sculpt with his eyes closed for stair dance poses with a magnetic cigarette for his mouth. No smile. Nothing at all. Is this genuinely ideal? Is this going to capture the character in your displays?

BB1qu1hP.img

InArt is already giving us a boring stare. Why not something interesting that suits the character?

Last edited:
This will be just the start for a Phoenix, we’ll get a solid custom clothing run one day. I’m still holding out to see what JND shows, but this was enough to pull the trigger for me. I have the Artisan purple coat Ledger so why not this as well. There’s no way the new film releases and we don’t see a version from JND.

Back