Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like amiami replenished their inventory as it's back to "plenty" again. I guess he is not really selling in Japan? I wonder where amiami gets their stock from exactly? Now I'm a little regretful that I pulled the trigger too early. Oh well, my first Hot Toys Michael Jackson...I'm still kind of excited!

DX BAD is a beautiful figure, but this is by far the best MJ sculpt so far, you won't be disappointed.
:clap

To add to the list of who's been selling this, for one day only XL-Store outlets (as in, their actual stores in Malaysia that you can visit, not online) were yesterday selling this figure for a limited period of five or so hours for US $220. You can see the post about this on their forum here.

IMG_1681.jpg

Rorywan MJ is hot. What else you have in those detolf's inquiring mines whats to know. I'm soon getting the Mars Attack Ambassador.

Wow...how low the Thriller version has fallen!!!...in this picture is far behind Beat it and Bad...right now the Thriller version is the less popular in the series...I wan't to get rid of mine!!!...the Beat it version is great!!

Heh. That's the zombie version, he shouldn't hide that. My regular 'Thriller' though I do kind of hide, it sits at the bottom of a Detolf, at the back. Seeing him from the top down, you can't see his face and so he doesn't look so bad...

For the price and so forth, it seems like a recast of 'Beat It' is certain to end up on eBay at some point, I don't know if anyone else has thought about that... That might be a good opportunity to get a replacement for the 'Thriller' head, I've been thinking.

Heh. That's the zombie version, he shouldn't hide that. My regular 'Thriller' though I do kind of hide, it sits at the bottom of a Detolf, at the back. Seeing him from the top down, you can't see his face and so he doesn't look so bad...

For the price and so forth, it seems like a recast of 'Beat It' is certain to end up on eBay at some point, I don't know if anyone else has thought about that... That might be a good opportunity to get a replacement for the 'Thriller' head, I've been thinking.

I love Zombie Version, to be honest thats the only reason I got the Thriller set. Never taken the normal version out. Zombie is not hidden (although he looks that way in that shot). But Beat It MJ is by far the best so far, bring on Smooth Criminal!

I am looking forward to Smooth Criminal myself...I'm a little concerned about how they handle the hat--always seems to look odd at 1:6 scale for some reason--but at least if they include a tommy gun, then I'd have no issue picking that one up!

I think it's unfair that Thriller is looked down upon because of the quantity out there. It's a much better figure than Billie Jean but everyone wants Billie Jean just because of that rarity.

I think it's unfair that Thriller is looked down upon because of the quantity out there. It's a much better figure than Billie Jean but everyone wants Billie Jean just because of that rarity.

But thats not really true, is it? Thriller MJ is looked down on because the MJ headsculpt is awful. The Zombie sculpt is great. (I don't look down on it at all, as a non DX package its excellent).
Billie Jean is just rare nowadays and was released before Mj died, I don't think anyone is saying it's a better piece? IMHO

I don't think a single person is thinking about the quantities made, I'm pretty sure people look down on "Thriller" (talking just about the non-zombie version) because it's in the eyes of many a terrible looking figure.

The Billie Jean head I agree does not look great but I'd say it's definitely more appealing than the Thriller head. Additionally, Billie Jean has the benefit of the hat. You put that hat on it, an iconic look that many would want to recreate even if the likeness was 100%, and any concerns about the head become a non-issue, it seems to me.

I don't own Billie Jean, but it also seems to me a lot more versatile pose-wise than 'Thriller.' I've seen many pictures, many fine poses, where the figure looks great. Thriller on the other hand I think looks ridiculous in any pose with any degree of action, it feels extremely limited.

I don't think a single person is thinking about the quantities made, I'm pretty sure people look down on "Thriller" (talking just about the non-zombie version) because it's in the eyes of many a terrible looking figure.

The Billie Jean head I agree does not look great but I'd say it's definitely more appealing than the Thriller head. Additionally, Billie Jean has the benefit of the hat. You put that hat on it, an iconic look that many would want to recreate even if the likeness was 100%, and any concerns about the head become a non-issue, it seems to me.

I don't own Billie Jean, but it also seems to me a lot more versatile pose-wise than 'Thriller.' I've seen many pictures, many fine poses, where the figure looks great. Thriller on the other hand I think looks ridiculous in any pose with any degree of action, it feels extremely limited.

:exactly::goodpost:

I guess I have a hard time buying that because of so many other cases where rarity > quality.

And yeah this issue is just personal taste I guess.

I never thought Billie Jean looked great... the hat is bad... the glove is thick... the figure quality is really of its time. Hot Toys rapidly grew in the quality department in just a few short years.

I guess I have a hard time buying that because of so many other cases where rarity > quality.

I've never heard of that but even if such strange thinking was so common, pointing to it wouldn't make sense in this case because it's clear people like the zombie version, I don't recall any complaints there. If you were comparing Billie Jean and the zombie, then you'd probably see Billie Jean lose out.

I say you're overthinking things. Many people just don't like the non-zombie 'Thriller' head and don't have a way to work around it, that's pretty much it, as simple as that.

I keep makin offers of 250$ shipped on ebay (cause that is my limit on this, and that's pushing it.) Maybe i'll get lucky.

Recently i saw this figure on Ebay for 150 dollars and more, 150 ain't that bad at all. But that doesn't mean the final price will be 150? I've never shopped on ebay.

^^It was an auction that was at $150? How much was shipping & how many days was left on it?

...But if thats the case, it most definitely want stay $150. I saw an auction that started at $155 with $35 shipping. It only has 1 day left & only one person has bid. Thing is though the seller has 0 feedback & is in HK. Dont know if I trust that or not......

Yeah, I'd rather stick with a reputable seller, ebay or otherwise. Plus even if there's one bid, that person's high bid could still be well over what you'd want to pay, not to mention the snipe bidders at the very last seconds.

Yeah, I'd rather stick with a reputable seller, ebay or otherwise. Plus even if there's one bid, that person's high bid could still be well over what you'd want to pay, not to mention the snipe bidders at the very last seconds.

You say snipe...I say smart.

Back