Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What drives the prices is demand, so if you folks keep buying him for $200+, then the price of course, will never go down. If people aren't pulling the trigger too early, then a retail store like Amiami will eventually throw up discounts to clear inventory (like they did with Kamui and others).

Rorywan, where did you get yours ? how did you get the mini true type?!

Bought the whole lot on ebay. A little on the expensive side, but well worth it IMHO. Fantastic package, got everything you would have if you went to the convention. The mini tru-type package is brilliant!:yess:

What drives the prices is demand, so if you folks keep buying him for $200+, then the price of course, will never go down. If people aren't pulling the trigger too early, then a retail store like Amiami will eventually throw up discounts to clear inventory (like they did with Kamui and others).

Well Kamui is different.... you can't seriously think Kamui can hold up to the fame of Michael Jackson.

They don't have a lot of Beat It in stock, people are going to buy... I'd say they will run out by the end of February.

They don't have a lot of Beat It in stock, people are going to buy...

I think they're re-stocking at times. It lists the stock on the item's page and it used to have a number and then after a couple of days it changed to say 'Plenty' and now it's back to a number again, suggesting they've been able to get more stock or have received multiple shipments.

I don't see amiami discounting these figures at any point though, I don't think that will happen even if everyone stopped buying.

Congratulations--get your display shelf ready for the definitive '80s version of the King of Pop! :peace

Sadly I have a limited area to display my figures, Masters of the Universe, Hot Toys Marvel characters, Predators, and Terminators, have taken it all. No room for any other pieces of my mass collection, not to mention any of my Hot Toys Micheals (all four will probably stayed boxed up) or HT POTA.

IMG_1681.jpg

Rorywan MJ is hot. What else you have in those detolf's inquiring mines whats to know. I'm soon getting the Mars Attack Ambassador.

Whoa, five units disappeared over the space of a few hours over at amiami. Ah, darn it, I have no idea how I'm going to pay for this, but I went ahead and placed an order--I figured with my luck, the thing will sell out by tomorrow morning. :p

I'm guessing whether or not there is "real" demand for this figure, the grey market resellers are just going to swoop in and buy these up and then I'll never have any shot at getting one.

:panic: You're right... they seem to be dwindling down very quickly today... 14 left now... wouldn't be surprised if all were gone overnight!

Yeah, I saw that too, that's quite something. It was 28 a couple of days ago, then 21 from yesterday, and now a few hours earlier today it dropped to 16 and now, a few hours after that, I see it's dropped to 14 as you say.

Maybe it was recently linked on a popular Jackson forum or something.

Well, one of those was me. :wave :monkey1 :thud:

I'm hoping the rest were legitimate collectors--I'd hate to think that the ebayers/resellers are going in 3 at a time just to hoard inventory. :monkey2 :dunno

IMG_1681.jpg

Rorywan MJ is hot. What else you have in those detolf's inquiring mines whats to know. I'm soon getting the Mars Attack Ambassador.

I have far too many Hot Toys! Its gotten to the stage where I have to circulate them, at the moment pretty much all my Terminator stuff is in a box. For some strange reason MJ looks good with some Mars Attacks! Martians. Great buy, you won't be disappointed!
:)

Yeah, I've lately started to consider selling my seconds... running out of space.... or maybe I go buy a fourth detolf to cram in.

Got mine today,very nice!

Ok so now we have Billie Jean,BAD,Thriller and Beat it...You think Smooth Criminal will be the last Jackson they will make?I don't need anything else after Smooth Criminal.You can go endless with Jackson outfits so i think HT should finish it off with a Dangerous Era/Concert figure with multiple outfits from his most memorable music videos or what he wore during the Dangerous Tour.

Id like a This Is It announcement figure: white face, long hair. Though I doubt the estate will appove of that image being sold.

I'd really like the outfit he wore to the White House but I think I'd settle for any version where he's wearing those aviator-style sunglasses, I like that look.

Even though we've been given a Billie Jean version, I would love to see the Motown 25 version. I mean how is that performance not freaking epic?
7385f7a94d21dfcaba29b9027d684.jpg

Let's not forget there is also Off The Wall
off-the-wall.jpg

Although we have the 'Bad' version, I was rather disappointed this shirt didn't come with it. How hard would it have been to make shirt that already goes with the pants as an add on?
michael+jackson+1988+the+Bad+Tour+.jpg

There were many different variants of Mike in the Bad era. It would be nice to see an outfit for 'The Way You Make Me Feel'. Who wouldn't love one from the dangerous tour with this badass outfit?
Michael+Jackson+dangerous+tour+2.jpg

MJ-Dangerous-Tour-michael-jackson-7217352-840-983.jpg

I still continue to have mixed feelings about a This Is It figure being made. I'm not sure if it is appropriate given the health he was in during that time. It would also be in mere dress rehearsal clothing which I'm sure Mike would not want used as an official "costume" for a figure if he were here.

If it were made, I'd rather see it in this outfit. I say that because Michael went out there publicly making that statement knowing that moment would go down in history. It's as close to getting MJ's approval as you could get.
Michael%20Jackson.jpg

Looks like amiami replenished their inventory as it's back to "plenty" again. I guess he is not really selling in Japan? I wonder where amiami gets their stock from exactly? Now I'm a little regretful that I pulled the trigger too early. Oh well, my first Hot Toys Michael Jackson...I'm still kind of excited!

Back