Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I’m against someone passing a fake off as a genuine item, but if someone were to say out front that an item is not the genuine article, but a reproduction, then as long as they’re not making hundreds of them, I have no problem with it.

Agreed. But as we've already seen those aren't the kind we're dealing with

I have an original Wolverine manufactured by Hot Toys, and ordered, shipped and received by Sideshow Toys, but I’d like to have a cheap and close copy that I could get ruff with. Taking chances on breaking, scratching and losing pieces of a copy would easier on me then having it happen to my original.

I don't get ruff/play with my Hot Toys. The occasional pose change whenever I rearrange the deltoff is good for me. So a bootleg from someone who conned me out of $300 is not needed, and in my opinion shouldn't be accepted by anyone.

And in my personally opinion, I like Hot Toys figures and all, but If these reproduction guys can make these figures cheap, and look just as good as a Hot Toys produced figure, then maybe Hot Toys needs to step back and get back to basics, instead are hiking up their priced every six months because they know how popular their figures have become.

Agreed about HT's prices. But in reality all these thieves did was steal someone else's work. They didn't sculpt or use any talent imo. Just stole what they could. HT puts more into the figures than any bootlegger could dream of doing.

I tell you what, if you won one of those “fakes “and are now going to file a claim, and Pay-pal refunds your money, but tells you to just keep the figure, I'll give you $50 bucks for it.

Nope, never got the figure. Was going to, but it was so close to the "Joe(mista) fallout" that I ended up missing it.

Now, would you do that no, you’d keep it or sell it to someone else for more (not saying you would try and pass it off as an original).

Actually after I got my full refund, I'd just give it way, or throw it away, cause it sure as hell wouldnt go on my shelf.

I feel sorry for those that though these things were originals, but as long as they don't have much in it (Partial refund or full refund plus keeping the figure) you know having a great repo is better then not having one "period".

Have to disagree. If someone thought they could con me out of that much money I would have nothing to do with the figure. Thats just me poeple who do that are sleaze bags. . . scum.

Yaxel for example. . .people are still commending him on his collection I bet. . . I don't get it. :dunno

And yes it would be totally different if they were selling them as repros, but their not. Their scum.

Last edited:
Oh my! :horror Is this really a bootleg? :dunno

Damn, so close! :thud:

So what's the difference of this and the original one? :cuckoo:

Could someone help me out in spotting a fake version cause I'm intend to buy a Wolvie soon. :panic:

Don't buy from a Vietnam seller, and if someone is reselling a Wolverine, check the feedback that was left by a Vietnam seller, and don't buy from them.

To summarize, don't buy anything from Vietnam unless it is $.99.

Yup, my comedian has translucent neck joint as well, cant be bothered to disassemble my wolverine though.

I think these looks too good to be bootleg as well. But the factory reject theory has some missing evidence as well, that a factory reject items to have the box, seals and packagings? And why is it only wolverine, no other rejects on other figures?

Also, I noticed the ones that these doesnt come with the dogtag???

I was able to compare the neck joints for my Wolverine and Comedian and they are both translucent so I don't think that is a tell tale sign. These sound more and more like factory rejects for some of these figures.

Man, I'm not sure if this is fake or reject parts, but after some minor paint work to the face, I got this:

IMG_0478.jpg

Only thing I need to complete this is a new tank top, some minor toning on the body and I'm a happy customer.

WOW!I can't believe that some people are actually contemplating on either keeping these or actually buying a bootleg!These figures look nothing like the original and if my camera worked i would show you how different the two really look side by side.My next door neighbor fell for the same scam and got a Wolverine with the thick mascara and the crooked beard.Also as soon as you see the box you can tell something is up cause the box looks like its been sitting in the sun for several months,it's so faded.Honestly i wouldn't even use the parts as replacement options for my real Wolvie so i can't believe that some people would even bother with this crap!

WOW!I can't believe that some people are actually contemplating on either keeping these or actually buying a bootleg!These figures look nothing like the original and if my camera worked i would show you how different the two really look side by side.My next door neighbor fell for the same scam and got a Wolverine with the thick mascara and the crooked beard.Also as soon as you see the box you can tell something is up cause the box looks like its been sitting in the sun for several months,it's so faded.Honestly i wouldn't even use the parts as replacement options for my real Wolvie so i can't believe that some people would even bother with this crap!

It must be fun to have a neighbor who collect as well.

Please do take a side by side pic comparison, bud. So do you think the box is authentic as well then but had faded? or did they use some cheap printing company to replicate the box, hence the discoloration?

I've been following this thread for a little while ever since these Wolverines started showing up in Vietnam...

I came sooo close to bidding on one, especially after some twits left positive feedback amoung the .99 ones...

What I really think is happening here is there are variations of quality... yes they are all fake, but some I think are good enough where ppl are happy.

Here is the honest truth. This eats my ass like acid... I think there are enough freaks here to really cause a stir with ebay... collectively.

I buy and sell on ebay, which is why this upsets me so much... and the world is going to let some bunch of criminals get away with this? F NO guys.... let's spam ebay on a planned night and let them know we can't stand for KNOWN counterfeit accounts.

All they have to do is put some kind of "report fraud" button on every auction, then guys like us could at least alert ebay to investigate.

If I can get some response from you guys, I say we make this go viral in our little community here, make some heads roll - and most importantly, Take back WOLVIE

I've been following this thread for a little while ever since these Wolverines started showing up in Vietnam...

I came sooo close to bidding on one, especially after some twits left positive feedback amoung the .99 ones...

What I really think is happening here is there are variations of quality... yes they are all fake, but some I think are good enough where ppl are happy.

Here is the honest truth. This eats my ass like acid... I think there are enough freaks here to really cause a stir with ebay... collectively.

I buy and sell on ebay, which is why this upsets me so much... and the world is going to let some bunch of criminals get away with this? F NO guys.... let's spam ebay on a planned night and let them know we can't stand for KNOWN counterfeit accounts.

All they have to do is put some kind of "report fraud" button on every auction, then guys like us could at least alert ebay to investigate.

If I can get some response from you guys, I say we make this go viral in our little community here, make some heads roll - and most importantly, Take back WOLVIE

I think it wont work bud to be honest.

I did report some of them auctions few days ago, but not only did ebay let the auction runs and ends. I also noticed that some of the sellers at least got like 5-6 + feedbacks from buyers of HT wolverine from US, Australia etc.

I think it wont work bud to be honest.

I did report some of them auctions few days ago, but not only did ebay let the auction runs and ends. I also noticed that some of the sellers at least got like 5-6 + feedbacks from buyers of HT wolverine from US, Australia etc.

yeah I think those seals and some of the "good" fakes are the ones that positive feedback was left for...
no offense regarding your effort, but I know that one or two reports are not going to do anything, but the power of many all at once can be really eye opening for them

yeah I think those seals and some of the "good" fakes are the ones that positive feedback was left for...
no offense regarding your effort, but I know that one or two reports are not going to do anything, but the power of many all at once can be really eye opening for them

wont hurt to try again, I suppose. Im down anytime guys :peace

Someone should notify the people that had left + feedbacks for these bootlegs and make them aware of what they actually bought.If you want give me the name of the seller and i'll do it cause i know if i were just begining to collect 1/6 figures and found out way later that what i had was in fact a copy,that would break me!I'd rather let that person know now while there is still a chance he/she can do something about it then to let them get stuck!It's not fair!I think so anyways!

I had emailed some of the winning bidders and sent them the link to this thread after they asked about the difference. I hope they get their money back.

Yeah, ebay should have a thumbs up and thumbs down button like youtube.

Feedback doesn't work great if you don't bid on a bogus item and can't voice your opinion immediately. It only works after the fact.

If they had the thumbs down button and enough people push it, it would warn ebay before the auction ends and unknowing people get their money stolen.
However, I like craigslist better where you can report the poster and gets their posting yanked.

Feedback doesn't work great if you don't bid on a bogus item and can't voice your opinion immediately. It only works after the fact.

If they had the thumbs down button and enough people push it, it would warn ebay before the auction ends and unknowing people get their money stolen.
However, I like craigslist better where you can report the poster and gets their posting yanked.

but wont that listing/auction could potentially get abused then?

e.g. theres 2 sellers selling the same item, HT spidey. Seller A could hurt seller B's sales by just voting multiple thumbs down. Or just by using multiple ebay accounts, if you could only vote once.

Back