Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this from Steve74 via trade MIB....
DSC_9524.jpg

DSC_9525.jpg

DSC_9532.jpg

DSC_9533.jpg

Outstanding. I'm glad he's got a new home, enjoy!!!

Man I want this guy bad. Sucks I missed out and have to either shell out a ridiculous amount or compete with idiots who are paying over a hundred dollars for a fake.
Oh well at least I have a hanuman
Wolverine

sure enough...mine was a fake. Created a case and the seller agreed to a full refund so imposter wolverine is one his way back to Vietnam. After I get my money back I'm tearing him a new one in my feedback!

nvpthcoin203 was the sellers name so beware

sure enough...mine was a fake. Created a case and the seller agreed to a full refund so imposter wolverine is one his way back to Vietnam. After I get my money back I'm tearing him a new one in my feedback!

nvpthcoin203 was the sellers name so beware

But your out the shipping cost and you have to send it express mail :(

At least we have ways of differentiating the fake from the real, including the more obvious features:

-possibility of eyes looking in different direction (ie. upwards rather than fowards)
-possibility of jeans being too long/not "fitted"
-possibility of glue on claws
-lighter/dull (less metallic) box
-loose unfitted wife beater
-General shading/paint app of the face is incorrect and differs from the original (ie. the "dirtied up look" on the forehead is all wrong); but more obviously:
-ridiculous exaggerated eye liner/eye lash make-up aka. Clockwork Wolverine
-exaggerated more prominent neck hairs
-rough sculpt around the chin/jaw area (originals were a bit darker/had a light rough chin stubble but were still a smoothe sculpt, but that part of the sculpt on the fake looks very rough ie. isn't just darker hair)

I can't understand if anyone were desperate enough to buy a fake, if they were desperate enough to want a Hot Toys Wolverine then surely it's because of the calibre of Hot Toys quality, which you just aren't getting here (hence them most likely being unfinished rejects). However in 90% of cases I'm sure it's just people who are unaware.

I think this is out of our hands. Only way for eBay to take this off is if HT themselves contact eBay.
Best way now is to post these eBay links on ht's fb page so that they are aware.

That is true. HOT TOYS are the rights owner and they know their own products better than anyone. HT need to register to eBay's Verfied Rights Owner programme so then they can request the removal of any item that infringes their trademarks.

eBay will not remove an item simply because random members like us tell them to (even if we ALL do it), why should they? We're not the right owners or even a verified reliable source, we're just the general public and besides there are many members out there who are in fact rival sellers just trying to get rid of the competition. Also just cos the sellers location changed IMO isn't really hard evidence that warrants something as fake, there could be several reasons for location chagne.

The point is eBay just simply DO NOT know what is fake and without sufficient evidence cannot remove an item by taking our word for it. TBH, it would be a pretty ____ty system if anyone could do that for any item I listed. HT need to wake up and cop on...if they care at all.

But your out the shipping cost and you have to send it express mail :(

Yup that's the ____ty part. BUT you live and you learn. F ebay I'm only going to buy new pieces and from those I know to be trust worthy from these statue forums. :dunno

That is true. HOT TOYS are the rights owner and they know their own products better than anyone. HT need to register to eBay's Verfied Rights Owner programme so then they can request the removal of any item that infringes their trademarks.

eBay will not remove an item simply because random members like us tell them to (even if we ALL do it), why should they? We're not the right owners or even a verified reliable source, we're just the general public and besides there are many members out there who are in fact rival sellers just trying to get rid of the competition. Also just cos the sellers location changed IMO isn't really hard evidence that warrants something as fake, there could be several reasons for location chagne.

The point is eBay just simply DO NOT know what is fake and without sufficient evidence cannot remove an item by taking our word for it. TBH, it would be a pretty ____ty system if anyone could do that for any item I listed. HT need to wake up and cop on...if they care at all.

Sad but probably true. However there are numerous ways to report a listing, not just because you feel it is a fake. You would think the monkeys at Ebay would catch on. I mean look at the feedback of these guys. That would be one dead give away right there. Also there is a new seller each day that pops up with the same identical feedback and selling methods. I counted seven auctions on ebay that are still open. Ridiculous!:monkey4

Damn, that's hardcore Yakusa / Triad ____ right there :lol

That's EXACTLY what it is. From what I heard, Go Hero owed their investor money and never paid, so their investor guy hired some gangsters who went into the factory and took all the steel molds. Technically, they were his anyways.

People don't understand, China is a completely F'd up place. I'd wager all of the Sideshow bootlegs you see, is Sideshow's own factory producing runs behind their backs. That's why I hate all these bootlegs/knock-off Brothers Production, CM Toys, whatever the flavor of the week company is. No respect for the rules, just do whatever you want, f everybody else.

You can report the listings if sellers are using other accounts to boost up their prices. I have noticed several new users with 0 feedback as the high bidders on many of these auctions. At least it might get Ebay to look into it. Worth a shot.

You would think the monkeys at Ebay would catch on. I mean look at the feedback of these guys. That would be one dead give away right there. Also there is a new seller each day that pops up with the same identical feedback and selling methods. I counted seven auctions on ebay that are still open. Ridiculous!:monkey4

AFAIK it takes more than just bad feedback to ban a seller. eBay take several factors into account cos its such a sensitive thing i guess.

I have posted on FB page about the fake listings and also reported each auction. If we can get more freaks to do this then it might get noticed. The thing is the seller thinks just by changing his location he is safe to sell these and no one will notice but if you click on his feedback it still states he is registered in Vietnam.

The ebay seller is constantly changing their seller ID and locayion. No longer Vietnam but Hong Kong or China now. Tricky bastard.

It was mailed in a fitted brown box. Can't verify if it was the real deal or not because it's packed away, but it seemed like it.

btw: got sick of waiting for the refund from these a-holes. Left neg/reported to ebay, and moved on. Considering it an expensive lesson on being careful with this stuff...

I just can't believe people are still bidding on them.
I also suspect that they're using dodgy accounts to bid on them to drive the price higher

____ing arseholes

You know after I thought about it long and hard I know none of these con artists are going to sell me one of their fakes for Fifty buck, not while guys that don't know any better are willing to fork out $250.00 + for one.
That's not even mentioning the fact that for everyone of these that are made and sold, the value of my real one goes down. Is there a way to get some state, goverment or federal agencies envolved in this. It's this in fact some type of an international crime being committed here?

Back