Hot Toys - MMS 103 - X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!I can't believe that some people are actually contemplating on either keeping these or actually buying a bootleg!These figures look nothing like the original and if my camera worked i would show you how different the two really look side by side.My next door neighbor fell for the same scam and got a Wolverine with the thick mascara and the crooked beard.Also as soon as you see the box you can tell something is up cause the box looks like its been sitting in the sun for several months,it's so faded.Honestly i wouldn't even use the parts as replacement options for my real Wolvie so i can't believe that some people would even bother with this crap!

Don't have much of a choice. If this person is unscrupulous enough to pass this off as an original, what makes me think they'll be kind enough to return my money? I'm only making the best of the situation.

And to be honest, as someone who owned a real HT Wolverine several months back, this boot (if it is indeed a boot and it certainly seems that way) is pretty damn nice looking. After some toning on the head and body, fixing the claws and a fix on the paint of the belt buckle, it actually looks better than the Wolvie I previously owned. The only thing required is a new tank top and mine looks damn good.

By no means am I condoning bootlegging of figures, as I went into this thinking I was getting a real HT Wolverine. Like I said, just making the best of the situation.

Have you guys thought of reporting it to Hot Toys? They may not be able to stop the ones on there now or which parts these guys have stolen but they can prevent future theft and cut out the source where these guys have been getting their parts.

WOW!I can't believe that some people are actually contemplating on either keeping these or actually buying a bootleg!These figures look nothing like the original and if my camera worked i would show you how different the two really look side by side.My next door neighbor fell for the same scam and got a Wolverine with the thick mascara and the crooked beard.Also as soon as you see the box you can tell something is up cause the box looks like its been sitting in the sun for several months,it's so faded.Honestly i wouldn't even use the parts as replacement options for my real Wolvie so i can't believe that some people would even bother with this crap!

Agreed people need to do something about this! If people start accepting it then it gives the bootleggers more reason to keep on selling and making more fakes.

1) Hot Toys doesnt respond to sh$t
2) Paypal wants me to return mine and drop $80 on shipping with signature. The richard is just going to refuse it then Im out $80 on top of the $320! The rep on the phone was a Bytch!
3) Its not hard for me to change me location from Cali to Hong Kong on eBay.

This seller is magically from HONG KONG now. Just yesterday he was from Vietnam. They are trying all they can.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Toys-1-6-W...559?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1d9a82b7

Anyone else check out this auction and report it.

And they're so stupid that they did not even change the shipping medium, it says, "US $59.99 -- USPS First Class Mail InternationalTM" From Hong Kong?? Guess if they would've sold these fakes for $50, they could've sold hundreds of them; all they needed to do was to add "Not Hot Toys!" in the title and description.

Just got an email from eBay about this, I bought one a couple of months ago from Vietnam, it came in the black box with the silver claws, would never have thought it was a fake.

Seeing how I only paid $180, I'm also not too worried about it.

You might want to think again. You all had me scared that I may have gotten scammed when I first bought it, but it arrived today and is the real deal.

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

Not bad for just under $300 total with shipping.

Mine looks just like this - can anyone who got one from SS confirm it's the real deal?

Mine looks just like this - can anyone who got one from SS confirm it's the real deal?

The problems I see from the pic IMO are the tank being too short and the glue on the claws where they meet the hand. Also, is the neck/throat hair real or painted on? On the real hirsute body it is real hair and not painted. The overall quality is pretty good it appears TBH.

Just got an email from eBay about this, I bought one a couple of months ago from Vietnam, it came in the black box with the silver claws, would never have thought it was a fake.

Seeing how I only paid $180, I'm also not too worried about it.

So ebay knows and their continuing to let them sell???

The paint makes him looks like he's got a fat lips, instead of a menacing serious look. Plus the hair is a tad too dark. Other than that, it looks almost like the original.

I think this is out of our hands. Only way for eBay to take this off is if HT themselves contact eBay.

Best way now is to post these eBay links on ht's fb page so that they are aware.

The things i notice off the bat with yours it the eye position. All these coming from Vietnam are all looking upward and the right eye is over to far. The sew of the paints is off. My Wolverine's pants fit like a glove. On yours it apears to be to much fabric. Also the shirt length. HT should have made the tanktop alittle longer but yours is pretty short. Also look at the detailing around the face, stubble mainly.

I think this is out of our hands. Only way for eBay to take this off is if HT themselves contact eBay.

Best way now is to post these eBay links on ht's fb page so that they are aware.

I have posted on FB page about the fake listings and also reported each auction. If we can get more freaks to do this then it might get noticed. The thing is the seller thinks just by changing his location he is safe to sell these and no one will notice but if you click on his feedback it still states he is registered in Vietnam.

Its mainly in the fit of the clothes and the paint job on the face. You can tell from the stubble and the eyes its not official HT.

Don't buy from a Vietnam seller, and if someone is reselling a Wolverine, check the feedback that was left by a Vietnam seller, and don't buy from them.

To summarize, don't buy anything from Vietnam unless it is $.99.

Thanks for the advices guys! Appreciate it! :wink1:

i dont know how these guys operate......my guy buttend was selling dozens now he has the same name but his location has changed from vietnam to hong kong

I have posted on FB page about the fake listings and also reported each auction. If we can get more freaks to do this then it might get noticed. The thing is the seller thinks just by changing his location he is safe to sell these and no one will notice but if you click on his feedback it still states he is registered in Vietnam.

Good luck on that. Don't know how many people here collect vintage 80s Transformers toys, but Hong Kong has been making near accurate bootlegs of those for the past 5-6 years I think. AND, they're all over Ebay. I don't think Hasbro really cares.

Whenever a particular collector toy item gains in popularity and value, you can count on Asian bootlegs of them. It remains to be seen what other Hot Toys figs they're gonna boot next.

i dont know how these guys operate......my guy buttend was selling dozens now he has the same name but his location has changed from vietnam to hong kong

"buttend" :rotfl

That's where all the buyers got it in when they bought Wolverines from this person.....

What I want to know is are they bidding on these things themselves to jack the price up.

And if you did buy one how do you prove to eBay it is a fake

Back