Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right. But Im not sure having the glasses painted will look right. And It doesn't make sense that Toy Hunters wouldn't get them.

Anyway we can just make custom glasses our self

Yes, Cameron didn't made Salvation!

I really don't want to act like I'm some sort of post-Cameron "Terminator" apologist (though I am watching "TSCC" currently and it's not too bad) but it's not as if it's the same thing re: the molten steel. In T2 he was literally submerged in it whereas it just falls on the endoskeleton in T:S. It's an apples/oranges situation to say the least.

Ultimately there are plenty of valid gripes with T3 and T:S but it's not as if Cameron had all his ???? completely together on the first two. He never bothered to explain how further time travel was possible after the machine was destroyed after Kyle Reese and the Terminator were sent back in the first film, nor did he explain how the T-1000 was able to be sent back in violation of the "rules" re: living flesh/metal laid out in the first film.

Granted, you'll find plenty of fanfiction justifications for these discrepancies (which really is no excuse) but then you have a bunch of issues with the timeline. No matter how hard you try you can't make sense of the timeline within T2 itself. No matter how you try to add up John's age with the established date of Judgment Day and apply them to dialogue in the movie you're always going to be a year off somewhere.

Ultimately none of this hampers my enjoyment of the films. Not in the least. I don't care if the dates don't match up and I'm not going to whine about how they didn't follow the "rules" of the first film in the second but I'm not the one nitpicking the later movies either.

I was a huge hater when T3 came out and there's absolutely no denying that the sequels aren't the same without Cameron but when it comes to both of them they aren't nearly as bad as some other genre sequels/prequels. Go watch an "Alien vs. Predator" and "Batman & Robin" double feature and then tell me either Cameron-free "Terminator" sequel is as bad as everyone says.

Right. But Im not sure having the glasses painted will look right. And It doesn't make sense that Toy Hunters wouldn't get them.

It would if Sideshow does hold the license and is lending it to Hot Toys, they could work out an Exclusive to just them that not even Toy Hunters can have.

Ultimately there are plenty of valid gripes with T3 and T:S but it's not as if Cameron had all his ???? completely together on the first two. He never bothered to explain how further time travel was possible after the machine was destroyed after Kyle Reese and the Terminator were sent back in the first film, nor did he explain how the T-1000 was able to be sent back in violation of the "rules" re: living flesh/metal laid out in the first film.

There always had to be a time machine or else the T-800 and Kyle would not been sent back.

You also know from the start the T-800 does not succeed, because he is sent back in time. If it accomplished it's mission, it would not need to be sent back in the future.

Also, why did Sarah go ahead and name him John after all this? Might have thrown off Skynet :lol

Who will you be going with for your order, a-dev? toys2 as usual?...

Already done so! I didn't even compare prices with elsewhere. I know their track record in terms of packaging and delivery speed and they're good email correspondents in my experience. But since I kinda would like 2 of this figure I'll see if Sideshow have an exclusive.

Is that what this talk is with the supposedly red eye, the supposedly exclusive?...

Yes, until Sideshow puts it up for order and we see if there is or isn't an Exclusive, people are holding out that maybe there'll be a second pair of shades with the eye effect painted on, since the official specs are up and there's no electronic feature in the figure, either there are Ex. shades with it, or Tommy just Photoshopped it into his photos for the magazine, though I think the photos should have a disclaimer about that if he added that effect.

No Exclusive, $165 at Sideshow.

165 with an Exclusive would have been more like it. This is a turn off price point for me. In fact it's a bit of a rip. This means the better dealer prices will be in the 150 price range instead of $135.

Can anyone say SSC Got Milk?

I'm gonna wait for the V2.

I'm a little surprised why they're not equal to Toys2, with the extra $5 in the price tag, it almost balances out with Toys2's higher shipping rates.

165 with an Exclusive would have been more like it. This is a turn off price point for me. In fact it's a bit of a rip. This means the better dealer prices will be in the 150 price range instead of $135.

Can anyone say SSC Got Milk?

I'm gonna wait for the V2.

Yeah, I was hoping it would come in at $150 so I could grab it from alterego for $135. I think I'll hold off for now too, and see what happens with the V2 T-800, T1, Superman and Tron. At these prices, I have to be extra choosey.

for the quality in the sculpt, and for how awesome hot toys products are, imo $165 is a steal

Hmm, should I use all my SS rewards points to get $67 off this, my 2nd (and final) order of this figure or should I keep those for a '1st' of another figure?

Yeah, I was hoping it would come in at $150 so I could grab it from alterego for $135. I think I'll hold off for now too, and see what happens with the V2 T-800, T1, Superman and Tron. At these prices, I have to be extra choosey.

For me anyway, yes. Living in CA this would be over 190 shipped. 165 + 15 CA tax plus 10+ shipping. OUCH! :horror

It's pretty much a 150 Figure and a great one. SSC got greedy, especially in this economy and with other choices to consider.

Back