Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the idea of a second pair of sunglasses with the Endo eye glow effect painted on, lets you display with that cool look but doesn't require to have power on or anything.

Thanks for the new close up shots, OMG!

Y'know, looking more at the glasses, I think they are a bit off. They could do with a bigger frame and more of a square shape, imo. At the moment in some shots they look a little too small?

Compare this shot to a real film still of Arnold with glasses on.

What does everyone else think? The glasses are fine as they are and I wouldn't care if they didn't change them. Just thought i'd start a little discussion. It is possible those glasses are taken from another figure, do you think?

Def more similar to T3 Shades. The Ray Bans he wears are much more square and 90's looking. Not that bothered if they are kept as they are but it would be nice if they were more accurate

I like the idea of a second pair of sunglasses with the Endo eye glow effect painted on, lets you display with that cool look but doesn't require to have power on or anything.

I think it would look very cheap and hard to get to look good. Unless it is painted in the lense, with an extra lense over it.

I think it would look very cheap and hard to get to look good. Unless it is painted in the lense, with an extra lense over it.

Well if the shot from Tommy's blog is really sunglassed with it, looks good to me.

ap_20100101014017134.jpg

We'll know in about 6 hours.

this can not be ordered, shipped, & opened fast enough.......:monkey5

I've already got one ordered, so shipping can't be fast enough :lol

toys2 ???

its going to be interesting to see how much ssc charges. im going to be using some RPs so i can knock off a bit.

if it is, i'll probably just save the points for the T1...........:banana

toys2 ???

its going to be interesting to see how much ssc charges. im going to be using some RPs so i can knock off a bit.

My guess is Sideshow is $160 like Toys2. I ordered one from Toys2, I definitely think I'll be getting two of this one, I have a hunch I'll need a second for other looks, and if there's an SSC Ex. even better.

It would be nice if they could make some custom shades that are more accurately shaped. I haven't checked, but are they recycled from the Blade figure? And I still think they made his upper body overdeveloped, just like Sideshow made Vader too tall.

I initially thought the shades were just a touch too small but then again, they look fine in this picture:

HT_T2_T800_PR05.jpg

So I dunno really. If they are no good I will look into using the neca ones instead. May be a good option?

It was sarcasm because of people being hung up on the size of his sunglasses.

It'd be cool if they were molded specifically for T-800, but I'm sure they are recycled with Blade or made to be recycled, that's something you have to live with sometimes on figures that use items that could be put to use for other figures, they're more generic and not 100% exact to any one character, just close enough for several.

Whatever size or shape aspects might be off, they at least have sculpted frames and everything and aren't just one smooth, solid piece of plastic like the Sideshow glasses.

Back