Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photoshop work there agonistes86.:rock

I got some black material recently to give my photo's a different look from usual. Here are some new one's of mine.

T80005.jpg

T80004-1.jpg

T80001-1.jpg

T80009-1.jpg

Has anyone mentioned that this figure didn't come with gloved hands? After he peels off his forearm skin he wears gloves for the rest of the movie; would that be included with the BD version?

Also, I would think V1 is the way he is throughout most of the film. A BD would make sense to me only for the headsculpt and gloved hands/weapons, not sure if I'd care for a figure with a missing or mangled arm and exposed metal chest. Sure the outfit would be cool but to shell out 180+ for a figure that resembles about 30 minutes of a 2 1/2 hour film is a stretch--Look at BR Joker, the sculpt was the selling point for many collectors and although the accessories were top-notch it didn't sustain its value. New ones can be had for less than $160 at that seen was less than 10 minutes.

I could see why the gloved hand wouldn't be with this version. Essentially, the big moment of that scene just involved the T-800 removing his skin arm and showing the metal Endoskeleton. Then afterwards the glove hand takes over. You could consider the current T-800 figure to be screeen accurate to that point. Later (hopefully) a BD T-800 will come out and cover the second half of the movie.

I would also consider the BD T-800 to represent an iconic look. Part of the fantasy of these movies are these really powerful, unstoppable machines that can sustain massive damage and keep going. BD T-800s from T1 and T2, just seem essential to me if you want to cover all of the iconic looks from the movies. Moreso, than just a costume change from the TDK Joker - I look at the cop-outift Joker as a money grabber, not an iconic look, for example.

Sucks that it took a dive! Hate it when that happens. Everything occurs in slow motion :horror What issue is causing him to fall? :confused:

Mines been sturdy like a rock! Which is something considering how cheap and unstable my current shelves are :lol

Yep. It sucks. Sod's law a figure that i've been waiting all year for and was absolutely pumped up for from my favourite film takes a fall and gets damaged. I get angry thinking about it! Looking at it the opposite way though, it's good that there was no major damage like arms breaking off etc. You'd never know anything had happened to it by looking at it. So I suppose I shouldn't be too down, it's hard not to be though, bloody gutted at the time it happened.

He fell because I wasn't using the stand and was taking photos, my reactions meant I went to grab him but I hit the figure instead of grabbing it and gave the fall a bit more power I think. What an idiot! :slap :lol Mine's been steady as a rock so far as well when not putting him in daft poses without the stand.

He hit so many things on the way down :(

I bought a couple of loose T-800 bodies to use for some customs. I figure I'd snap a couple pics of them to show the scale and comparison to other bodies. I'm very impressed with this body, HT did good on this one.

Next to the gigantic DCD body

IMG_0651.jpg

Showing how it looks next to a normal TT body

IMG_0654.jpg

What got damaged? Sorry if you already mentioned, didn't see it.

I don't use stands for my figures. The only one I had trouble with was big chap. Since put him in a more stable pose but one time... he wiped out the entire shelf. Big chap fell, knocking predator which in turn caught dutch and all that caused the shelf to wobble enough for the T600 and T700 to lose balance and take john connor down (mission accomplished :lol). My heart skipped so many beats I needed a crash cart! Luckily there was some washing or bags or something at the bottom of the shelf so the ones that went flying off the shelf had a soft landing and there was no damage to any. Thank ____! :lol

What got damaged? Sorry if you already mentioned, didn't see it.

I don't use stands for my figures. The only one I had trouble with was big chap. Since put him in a more stable pose but one time... he wiped out the entire shelf. Big chap fell, knocking predator which in turn caught dutch and all that caused the shelf to wobble enough for the T600 and T700 to lose balance and take john connor down (mission accomplished :lol). My heart skipped so many beats I needed a crash cart! Luckily there was some washing or bags or something at the bottom of the shelf so the ones that went flying off the shelf had a soft landing and there was no damage to any. Thank ____! :lol
Nah it's alright man. A strand of spiky hair got bent and exposed some white underneath so I added a bit of glue just to ensure it never comes off completely and give it a bit of paint. Also there's a scuff mark on the pants leg. Checked, checked and checked again and that's all I found. The hair looks no different and i'm not arsed about the pants but i'm just gutted it happened, know what I mean? The figure feels different somehow. That's why i've boxed him up for a few weeks, hopefully when I unbox him later on i'll be wondering why I was even bothered. I'm a bit OCD with keeping stuff perfect though so that's why it's bugging me so much. Bet people in this thread are bored of me on about it :lol

Last edited:
If it is bothering you that much bud and tarnishing the fig now can you not just go on ebay and buy a parted out head and pants?

Sorry this happened :(

Mmm I may look into it, early days yet, this feeling may wear off, in fact it probabaly will.

I love all the pictures people are posting up about this one. He really came out top notch and the faux leather looks fantastic! HT really just keeps pushing the envelope.

Nah it's alright man. A strand of spiky hair got bent and exposed some white underneath so I added a bit of glue just to ensure it never comes off completely and give it a bit of paint. Also there's a scuff mark on the pants leg. Checked, checked and checked again and that's all I found. The hair looks no different and i'm not arsed about the pants but i'm just gutted it happened, know what I mean? The figure feels different somehow. That's why i've boxed him up for a few weeks, hopefully when I unbox him later on i'll be wondering why I was even bothered. I'm a bit OCD with keeping stuff perfect though so that's why it's bugging me so much. Bet people in this thread are bored of me on about it :lol

That sucks. I know what you mean though. But like Manji said, if it continues to bother you that much you could buy the sculpt and pants off ebay or something. Like you said atleast its not an arm or leg break or something!

I'll get him in the new shelves i'm building and probabaly won't be bothered :rock

Have actually been tempted to buy a 2nd jacket and Pants parted out since day one, in case any stitching came loose etc.

Good stuff Ski! Looks like you've done great work up until this point. What is the head, a McFarlane recast, original or something?

I hate to be a jerk guys and I have mad sympathy for HT breaks... it's the worst..

but...

if you don't use stands you're totally asking for it and there's no one to blame but yourself... is it really worth it??

Back