Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T2_11.jpg

:rock

That's got to be FIGURE OF THE YEAR right there.

I mean, top that.

HT does something like this at 1/6th, can you imagine if they did PF 1/4th scale?

Apparently from those Milk magazine scans OMG posted, Yulli has mentioned that she wants to do more 1/4 scale stuff. :drool

I'm really not that eager about the idea, I would have thought they'd do amazing things, maybe they just didn't give them the effort, but I felt that HT's 1/4 scale busts were all subpar to their 1/6 counterparts, except maybe the Joker bust. Batman's portrait wasn't as good as the 1/6, Rambo's wasn't, the Predators isn't as good, and from the pics I've seen, the Alien isn't as good as the figure. Like I said, maybe the busts weren't given the effort that their bread and butter 1/6 figures are, but from those, I'm yet to see that HT would do better at 1/4 scale than 1/6.

I was shocked to see like $56 in rewards points on my account so I'm getting this for like $111.

This figure is well worth the asking price. This time.

I wonder if there will be any unforeseen problems like Alien or Batman DX or whtever?

Can't imagine what, this should be par for the course with Hot Toys, Alien and Batmand I can understand with being made of non-standard, and seemingly, never used before materials or versions of materials, but leather suit, shirt, this should be a walk in the park figure, and I'd imagine with their projected April release, they feel the same.

I wonder if there will be any unforeseen problems like Alien or Batman DX or whtever?

I don't think so. It's a fairly simple straight out fig. All they can mess up is the sculpt and paint, which they won't. They made tons of endo arms and they have that worked out well too. So, no.

Now if you were talking IM BD M3, that's another story. I'm guessing the T 800 V2 will be 180 now. Much like the V2 T4 JC. Now THAT will be worth 180 with all the weaponry.

This is actually the reason why I'm going with sideshowtoy. At least they'll get later shipments. If it can happen twice it can happen again. err 4 times?

I'm really not that eager about the idea, I would have thought they'd do amazing things, maybe they just didn't give them the effort, but I felt that HT's 1/4 scale busts were all subpar to their 1/6 counterparts, except maybe the Joker bust. Batman's portrait wasn't as good as the 1/6, Rambo's wasn't, the Predators isn't as good, and from the pics I've seen, the Alien isn't as good as the figure. Like I said, maybe the busts weren't given the effort that their bread and butter 1/6 figures are, but from those, I'm yet to see that HT would do better at 1/4 scale than 1/6.

I agree that their busts haven't been as impressive as their 1/6 products, but I think Hot Toys could really do much better now. It's been a leap in quality since 2008 for Hot Toys in general, or whenever their last bust was released (I'm excluding that Alien bust because the 1/6 version looks just as bad).

I guess I'd like to see them tackle 1/4 scale PF format products, but SS already does a fine job, so I'm not sure on that front.

This figure will certainly go up in price... so grab it at $165 while you can.

BD might just make this one more unique and desireable. Perhaps this will be the only "clean" sculpt of T2 Arnie.

10% cancelation fee.

Q: I've already placed an order, but I want to cancel it, can I do it?

A: If you decide to cancel an order before it has been sent out, please send us an email with the authorization order number that was given when the order was placed. You will be refunded 90% of the total amount; the 10% deducted is for administration and handling fees for cancellation.

No cancellation will be allowed if the order has already been sent out.

Please make sure what you want before you place an order.

This figure will certainly go up in price... so grab it at $165 while you can.

BD might just make this one more unique and desireable. Perhaps this will be the only "clean" sculpt of T2 Arnie.

Agreed about the sculpt. Never see this again unless they do a DX with PERS, nor the shotgun or shades. Maybe not even another clean jacket. But it may actually drop in price a bit when Collectors see the V2, because that will come loaded to the hilt. I think some may buy the V2 and pick up this head and glasses and voila. Done.

Until they do the DX of course.

I guess I'd like to see them tackle 1/4 scale PF format products, but SS already does a fine job, so I'm not sure on that front.

Sideshow and Hot Toys have a partnership. They just share licenses and i'm sure split interests when sorting out product ideas. Hot Toys = figures and Sideshow = everything else. Lets not forget this T2 license is Sideshows license, not HT's.

Back