Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't worry about it, if it weren't for the selling power of Arnold, I doubt they'd even revisit T1, but if they do that film with his likeness, it'll do well. With Aliens, at the most Hicks with a more Biehn portrait would sell and that's it, they can't get Weaver's rights, and no one can even really name the other actors and with the right repaint most of the old heads looked pretty close anyhow.

If Hot Toys starts revamping other lines I may not collect their figures any longer, that would be like a slap in the face for a lot of collectors.

I'm sure they'd still sell out every time.

Hot Toys has come a LONG way since the Aliens figures. They don't hold up to their newer figures, I think they deserve a revamp, if they can get the likeness rights of course.

I wouldn't worry about it, if it weren't for the selling power of Arnold, I doubt they'd even revisit T1, but if they do that film with his likeness, it'll do well. With Aliens, at the most Hicks with a more Biehn portrait would sell and that's it, they can't get Weaver's rights, and no one can even really name the other actors and with the right repaint most of the old heads looked pretty close anyhow.

That's probably true.

Any other figures would probably be Bishop and maybe some of the other Marines, if they ever decided to revisit it.

I can't quote the reference way back before all the ______ slapping back and forth which can be avoided by just not responding to every single reply you do not like.
As for the reference of this fig being a B again I honestly believe that it is merely a matter of angle and lighting. Look at any shots from the movie. They are always from eye level or below that of Arnie. Any shots that look off in the product shots are when they are taken from above eye level.
Another reason why my future displays will have to be eyelevel as that is the only way to get a realistic view and fair comparison whether it's Arnie or the Tumbler

Last edited:
2584436220106064153S600x600Q85.jpg

https://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21746&page=18#pid121096

The uplight isn't helping with those shots and it still looks hands down the BEST T2 T 800 12" Figure ever made. Because it is. No matter what HT offers down the line this Figure will always be an Iconic Collectors Item.

Still can't get over the hair. That will be incredible if it makes it through mass production.

I can't imagine why it wouldn't, it also makes me curious to see more figures from HT with interesting hair just to see what they're capable of, like if Sarah is made and has sculpted hair, T-1000, and anyone else in any line that doesn't have smooth, combed looking hair. Even the new Stark head takes things further with the couple strands over his face, further thank Joker was and better than Sideshow's Aragorn.

Good time to be a 1/6 collector.You just run out of superlatives after a while with these figures now.

I'm sorry....there is so many post...i'm getting lost here.

Can anyone tell me ...where was it that was the best (cheapest) place to pre-order this?
I know someone mentioned it somewhere.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry....there is so many post...i'm getting lost here.

Can anyone tell me ...where was it that was the best (cheapest) place to pre-order this?
I know someone mentioned it somewhere.:rolleyes:

Depends where you live and how quickly you want it. In the U.S. you can go with Toys2(actually in canada but gets them faster) or BBTS.

BBTS usually takes a bit longer tho.

Back