Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too think the head looks too small in certain shots even though its probably the same size as any other recent HT headsculpt (their current standard is smaller than the original T1 and endo heads they did). The T2 photos in this thread clearly demonstrate that he wasn't as big as this figure would have you believe. HT were presumably looking for an acceptable Arnie-esque body size without the jacket on and when the jacket is put on it broadens him up a little too much. Also they may be intending this body for use on the T1 version where he was slightly bigger anyway. Thus they were aiming for a 'somewhere in-between' body size the result of which the proportions in relation to the size of his head aren't quite accurate to T2. But I can more than live with it.

i'm thrilled that they seem to have gotten the shape of his head right - my biggest peeve about the Sideshow headsculpt was the hair being totally innaccurate and creating the wrong shape to the back of his head. It really spoiled that figure's resemblance to Arnie for me. NECA and HT have blown it out of the water.

I'm sorry....there is so many post...i'm getting lost here.

Can anyone tell me ...where was it that was the best (cheapest) place to pre-order this?
I know someone mentioned it somewhere.:rolleyes:

Best, Sideshow!

Cheapest? I'd go with best over saving a couple dollars.

the best place as far as getting it early would be toys2 they are amazing when it comes to getting things early

Toys2's CS is as good as Sideshow's, anything I've ever had a problem with they've taken care of.

I must say though even for the cheapest shipping they offer for me to the UK it's fast! About a week if I remember correctly at $29.43 with no tracking.

I would have went with them for my pre-orders but the thought of not successfully canceling something doesn't appeal to me with the 10% administration fees. I mean I've never cancelled any of my figure orders yet but there could be a time when I just need to cancel an item but I would then be hit by the 10% thing.

I've forgotten what somebody said how Sideshowtoy works, how does the VAT/Customs/shipping/total charge work with their orders to the UK... You don't have to have money ready when the delivery guy arrives?... from what I vaguely remember there was something about that on their site.

Sideshow takes their time getting Hot Toys which is odd, you'd think with the partnership their developing it'd be faster.

This is one figure I won't mind paying a bit extra for from Hong Kong to get faster. Besides I only see the price on this guy increasing the longer you wait.

Sideshow takes their time getting Hot Toys which is odd, you'd think with the partnership their developing it'd be faster.

maybe it's because their volume demand is quite high that HT needs time to build inventory to meet their needs?
Hmm actually looks more like HT is trying to make sure that they can fill the demand of their own direct distributors first

Last edited:
Back