Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is just a shame we didn't get the best of the MMS and the DX10 together. One step forward and then two steps back springs to mind.

4 steps forward - longer face, improved head/body proportions, more of a shoulder slope, double-jointed elbows

6 steps back - clothes aren't as good as MMS either in fit or in their overly clean appearance, Minoton neck is grotesque, headsculpt profile was a dis-improvement, PERS eyes just cannot look natural for the most part, Removeable access panel breaks up the head and makes it look more toy-like, reduced skin detail contributing to him looking too young (the soft sculpt thing that people refer to)

There came a point where I stopped keeping track of the various rebrandings of the Hasbro SW line. I really wonder how beneficial all that malarkey was to sales. Do kids care about 'a fresh new packaging look' all that much? Collectors would prefer if they just stuck with Vintage permanently. Now this Black series bullcrap. Wtf.

Do you remember that pic that I & RS boardie 'DSIILUKE' sent to Hasbro via the Q&A? :lol

You should send one like that of the DX10 to HT. :monkey3

I think I remember something alright but that was you? Do you still have it?

I'd be half tempted to do something like that if it was within my capability. I would have to become the John Roberts for Terminator.

Having said that when I physically altered an actual DX10 headsculpt no one seemed impressed.

Yeah, I did the pic - I called it the 'Flub-o-gram', remember? :lol

I think I've still got it saved somewhere, I'll try & find it & PM it to you. It was more a shot at Hasbro than actually expecting them to do anything.. which of course - as you say, they did end up releasing the apology Luke in the 2010 VC collection.

Seriously though - if HT want to do an accurate 1/6 T2 Arnold, they have to start from scratch; new body - everything. These things are selling through just fine as it is, so they don't feel any heat really. Naturally though - as times passes, they'll refine things as they see fit; ala the umpteenth ****ing Heath Ledger.

So, he arrived today, and first impressions are great. However, my main problem is that it was done on eBay. Which means I got something listed as new which isn't exactly new at all. The Black shirt that is wrapped around the piece of cardboard is not fresh looking. It looks like it was taken out and handled, plus it's dusty. Also, is the leather supposed to have a worn look to it? It's not shiny like the I thought it would be. Also, there is a broken piece to the endo arm, but yet when I look at the endo hand there isn't a piece missing. WTF.

So, he arrived today, and first impressions are great. However, my main problem is that it was done on eBay. Which means I got something listed as new which isn't exactly new at all. The Black shirt that is wrapped around the piece of cardboard is not fresh looking. It looks like it was taken out and handled, plus it's dusty. Also, is the leather supposed to have a worn look to it? It's not shiny like the I thought it would be. Also, there is a broken piece to the endo arm, but yet when I look at the endo hand there isn't a piece missing. WTF.

The leather is worn looking so that's supposed to be that way, got any pictures of the endo arm, what's broken?

$229. Ok, I didn't know for sure cause the DX10 has that new leather shine too it.

Skull, I'll post pictures later of the arm, so you can take a look at it.

Well $229 for a unit shipped is still a great price for this awesome piece. Maybe you can complain and get $30 back. If you have doubt that it's been opened, it probably is.

Well $229 for a unit shipped is still a great price for this awesome piece. Maybe you can complain and get $30 back. If you have doubt that it's been opened, it probably is.

Well, I'm ok with everything. I'm posting a few unboxing pics in a little bit, but all the accessories are still new. The stand is still wrapped in plastic, and the roses too.

The only thing that bugs me is the fist hands have black marks on them from laying in the tray. I'm not sure if this figure had those hands wrapped in factory plastic like most HT figures do, but the one picture I looked up of a new one didn't as well.

You're right. 229 shipped is a great price for this figure. New or used.

Well, I'm ok with everything. I'm posting a few unboxing pics in a little bit, but all the accessories are still new. The stand is still wrapped in plastic, and the roses too.

The only thing that bugs me is the fist hands have black marks on them from laying in the tray. I'm not sure if this figure had those hands wrapped in factory plastic like most HT figures do, but the one picture I looked up of a new one didn't as well.

You're right. 229 shipped is a great price for this figure. New or used.

The hands on the mmx117 figure were not wrapped like the newer hot toys, I myself got one that had a tiny black mark on his last knuckle right out of the box so that's common.

Back