Hot Toys - MMS 117 Terminator 2 Model T-800 spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah having looked at my NECA T2 figures and the DX10 I agree. It seems that HT has made the hair to full and puffy with short spikes. Damn lazy HT employees. :gah:

The hair on the MMS looks better than the DX's hair.

Sorry for posting those god awful NECA figures.

Well that's not a bad angle for the DX10's hair actually. Profile and some other angles would be worse.

I actually love the NECA figures but they sure don't photograph well and the front facial likeness is a bit iffy. The hair is good though. Doesn't puff out in any stupid way on the back, profile is good.

Last edited:
Well that's not a bad angle for the DX10's hair actually. Profile and some other angles would be worse.

I actually love the NECA figures but they sure don't photograph well and the likeness is a bit iffy. The hair is good though. Doesn't puff out in any stupid way on the back, profile is good.

Yeah the NECA figures don't photograph well at all as you say, maybe I was harsh on them and as you say they do have their good points. I still display all of my NECA figures so that says it all really.

It is just the T2 figures seem to be near the bottom of my preferred NECA figures. I would probably rate them at the bottom actually.

Yep the DX10 hair is great from certain angles.

Well many on here would agree with what you said.

The rough skin texture and the paint is awful on them. Whatever technique they used on their Dutch figures is much better, probably the highest quality I've ever seen from NECA.

That's what I've been saying for the last 200 pages. :thud: :lol

My theory is that they are sculpting the overall shape of the hair down to mere strands of hair, when really, with a solid sculpt, you should be ignoring those strands. I'm thinking particularly of that big silverback gorilla cranial hump on DX10. You can't sculpt mere strands realistically to have gaps where light passes through etc. If you account for those strands in your sculpt you're giving the overall head a shape that is plain wrong and which looks a bit silly.

My impression of DX10's hair:

and how I tried to alleviate it on the left^

Last edited:
That pic you posted earlier, showing the DX10 profile from the side & highlighting the oak tree neck / segmented hair 'plate' - just kills the realism.

I'm sure I don't need to reiterate this to the hardcores here, but when you look at movie shots of Arnold in T2, his build, profile - all of it, is sadly dissimilar to both figures, truth be told. He was in shape in 1991 - but far from huge.

HT keeps using 1984 Arnold as a starting point - which is just ****ing WRONG!!! :gah: :gah: :gah: :lol

That pic you posted earlier, showing the DX10 profile from the side & highlighting the oak tree neck / segmented hair 'plate' - just kills the realism.

I'm sure I don't need to reiterate this to the hardcores here, but when you look at movie shots of Arnold in T2, his build, profile - all of it, is sadly dissimilar to both figures, truth be told. He was in shape in 1991 - but far from huge.

HT keeps using 1984 Arnold as a starting point - which is just ****ing WRONG!!! :gah: :gah: :gah: :lol

Yeah that was in the DC section, I was trying to show Maglor what Terminator hardcores have to put up with given his and other DC fans reputation for wanting to fix every minute thing on Batman and Joker figures.

No idea what its for/from but I found this the other day.

I like the shapes better on this graphic model than what you get on the HT figures. Neck is pretty huge but it still manages to look far more natural with the way it rises out of the shoulders, its muscle detail, those horizontal wrinkle lines etc. And for me it shows how a ball-joint head hurts the profile likeness of Arnold in particular. Hairshape is more accurate too, note that in the profile image on the upper left the crown of his head falls back and down, it doesn't rise up like DX10.

Last edited:
It's a nice rendering, but yeah.. still pretty huge there. :lol

The clothes though - as seen in the pic, are the aim to strive towards getting somewhat of a similar looking build for the figure. It's just never going to be right though, with 1/6 scale clothing always being too thick, bulky or not able to hang right for obvious reasons, with EB always the better option for realism as a result.

Probably a bit of T1 bulk to it yeah.

Still I wish the DX10 neck looked half as good and that they'd put more detail into the bodies.

Well many on here would agree with what you said.

The rough skin texture and the paint is awful on them. Whatever technique they used on their Dutch figures is much better, probably the highest quality I've ever seen from NECA.

Yeah the Dutch figure are a HUGE improvement in terms of them nailing Arnie.

Also a-dev I wish you had not posted that gorilla picture, damn thing is the double of the DX10, from the side. :lol

I hear you VintijDroidGutzz, I was just backing you up buddy. :wink1:

Well it didn't take long to burn that gorilla image into my brain, I don't know whether my DX10 should go back into the Detolf or donate him to my local zoo. :mad:

:lol

Its a fun figure and I still think its the best facial likeness they've done but I do hope it isn't the final word what with its problems :monkey4 They're going to be doing a DX Ledger Joker 3.0 and I think Arnold is iconic enough to revisit again too.

:lol

Its a fun figure and I still think its the best facial likeness they've done but I do hope it isn't the final word what with its problems :monkey4 They're going to be doing a DX Ledger Joker 3.0 and I think Arnold is iconic enough to revisit again too.

In all seriousness I do like the DX10, sure he has problems but he currently does the job in representing T2 in my collection.

Yeah they will probably do him again but it may be a while with the DX13 due and that version that must not be mentioned, something to do with a Police Station hopefully to be released as well.

Is that speculation on your part in regards to a Ledger Joker 3.0, a-dev? or just a veterans instincts? :lol

Nothing to do with instincts actually, it was said in a Howard Chan interview that there would be another Ledger Joker figure.

And I'm glad I haven't ruined DX10 completely for you. After all its what we have right now and as you say a new one will be a while off if it happens.

Nothing to do with instincts actually, it was said in a Howard Chan interview that there would be another Ledger Joker figure.

And I'm glad I haven't ruined DX10 completely for you. After all its what we have right now and as you say a new one will be a while off if it happens.

Yeah I read that HC interview but was it mentioned for 1/6 or 1/4 figure? I can't remember the exact answer, I will need to read it again.

I'm all in for more Jack Jokers but Ledger...the DX11 is more than enough for me although I would like a bank robber version of him one day, the old version or maybe a 2.0 version.

It is just a shame we didn't get the best of the MMS and the DX10 together. One step forward and then two steps back springs to mind.

Back